[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starting lifting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: pepelift.jpg (71KB, 549x388px) Image search: [Google]
pepelift.jpg
71KB, 549x388px
So I started hitting the gym this week - I went on Tuesday and it went quite well, but for 2 days now my arms are extremely sore, I cannot bend them over 90 degrees and I have extremely hard time putting on jacket or even tying my shoes.
I was supposed to go again today but I skipped it because it took me 5 minutes to put on my jacket, will the pain go away soon or will this happen after every workout and should I simply "get used" to it?
>>
>>40477289
That's DOMS, you'll get used to it but ffs don't skip workouts, just go easier. You are making things worse by not moving.
>>
you stop getting sore after a few times
>>
>>40477320
I wanted to go, I had everything prepared but as soon as I got up from my bed, I couldn't move my arms so I couldn't even imagine myself lifting weights.. is there any trick to overcoming this?
>>40477323
that's good to hear, people looked at me really weird in subway when I couldn't get my jacket on lol
>>
>>40477289
When you stop feeling sore go hard as fuck again, then after that you should be fine for as long as you keep training regularly. If you stop training for a couple months you'll be back at square one, unable to wipe your ass.
>>
>>40477372
Yeah that's the plan, I plan on going Tuesdays and Thursdays so next Tuesday it is

Thanks for the advice
>>
>>40477416
Only 2 days? Hwat in tarnation. Gonna struggle to see gains like that, should do at least 3 days full body.
>>
>>40477430
I don't have much free time and I'm glad I found the 2 days for gym (I attend university, work full-time and also have a part-time job), but I could theoretically do some lifting with weights (no machines) on weekends, would that help?
>>
>>40477446
Yes, the more you do the better results you get. Shit, even if you just do some push-ups and squats in between homework questions, gotta do whatever it takes goddamn it
>>
>>40477446
Machines are good if you want to isolate specific muscles. For your typical fatty/skelly they are pretty pointless. Free weights my dude, ideally a bar.
>>
>>40477462
>>40477465
Yeah I'm a fatty, 188cm (6'2) and 106kg (235lbs), but I cannot even do a single pushup so that might be an issue. I will try doing some lifting with weights on weekends though
>>
>>40477338
Funny but working out actually aleviates soreness. Blood flow over the sore areas improves mobility and makes the soreness not last as long.

Take Tylenol or similar to help fight inflamation if it's really bothering you.

Bottom line if you keep going to the gym it will go away on its own and never come back while you keep working out regularly. The most common rookie mistake is going way too hard on day 1 and burning out and not getting into a routine. When just starting it's much better to do 3 easy workouts in a week than one crazy hard one and hurt yourself.
>>
>>40477481
There are alternative push-ups you can do, look up calisthenics.
>>
>>40477520
>calisthenics.
Yeah I already do some of these (sit ups, crunches, calf-raises, squats), I will try the others too, thanks
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.