[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shoulder Day

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1891.jpg (121KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1891.jpg
121KB, 640x426px
Just got into lifting, what's a good routine for shoulders so I don't look like a complete jerkoff when I go to the gym.
>>
>>40474659
overhead carries
>>
>>40474659
Try lifting weights, people usually do it at the gyms and it's a sure fire way to look like a pro.

As for a routine you should try lifting weights, heavy and light ones. I've made great gains by following the formula

Eat big + Lift Big = Get big.

If you're trying to get big, get strong, and if you're trying to get strong, get big.
>>
>>40474659

>over head press
>upright rows
>lateral raises
>lying rear delt raises
>>
>>40474695
>lying rear delt raises

But anon, I'm way too honest for those!
>>
>>40474659
The guy in this pic is doing chest, not shoulders
>>
>>40474713
>shoulders

no, he's obviously lifting it with his arms, retard
>>
>>40474664
people always love to watch me when I come in
>>
>>40474695
>no face pulls
>no band pull aparts
>no cuban rotations
>no supersets

It's like you want to snap your shit up
>>
>>40474695
>upright rows

kys
>>
Not OP but I'd like to know some isolations. I can't do OHP for shit.
>>
>>40474818
face pulls

lateral raises
>>
Arnold press. Wrecks my shit every time.
>>
>>40474818
>tfw /fit/ has degenerated into a google search engine comprised of dyels
>>
>>40474794
>cuban rotations

literally an expressway to snap city if done with meaningful weight
>>
>>40474834
I've been on /fit/ for 6 years shitposting, and anything I've found online has been worthless and filled with ads. Don't know what you want /fit/ to be, because beyond a place for fitness newfags to ask stupid questions its nothing. The whole point of fit is to encourage skinny white nerds to do outside.
>>
>>40474794
Face pulls are an amazing way to end a shoulder workout, and are pretty underrated. I feel like they really finish off the shoulder girdle and round it off.
>>
>>40474659
shoulders are like the most retard proof shit ever
just do any machine and it will involve shoulders
inb4 leg press
just don't be an idiot
>>
>>40474659
> arnold press
> lateral raises
> face pulls

assuming you already do either ohp or bench press frequently
>>
>>40474711
Kek
>>
Dumbbell Press, Military/Overhead Press, Side and Front Raises with Dumbbell or Cable, Reverse Flyes with Dumbbell or Cable, Machinework for burnout sets.
>>
>>40474659

Every single fucking upper body exercise works your shoulders. You want to isolate them throw a few sets at the end of your routine. You dont need a whole day for them.
>>
>>40474659
>shoulder day
>>
>>40475570
>Every single fucking upper body exercise works your shoulders.

Even curls?
>>
>>40475608
It depends on what kind, but yes.
Try doing a "shoulder day" and then at the end try to do alternating db curls. It's difficult.
>>
>>40475608
If you have bad form, ie, doing a front delta raise instead of curling the wieght with your biceps
>>
>>40475635
Not true. There is a minimal amount of effort required no matter what. You don't just let your elbows hangout to the side naturally, you push them out a little bit (which requires your shoulders to kick in).

The only way you will get your shoulders out of the equation are on isolation db/bb curls.
>>
>>40474779
This one old guy in the morning calls me "his hero"
>>
>>40475646
Thats pretty stupid to say that bad form on curls doesn't work you front delts. Have you ever heard of anyone having shoulder pain from doing curls? This is why
>>
>>40475608
the shoulder acts as a stabilizer during curls since the bicep tendons attach there so yeah, a bit
>>
>>40475665
I didn't say bad form doesn't work your delts, it does. I said that no matter what you will probably end up working your shoulders unless you do isolations. You seemed to imply that it was only when there is bad form
>>
File: tmp_11614-images(8)1491361396.jpg (12KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_11614-images(8)1491361396.jpg
12KB, 260x194px
>>40475679
No, I totally agree with you. There is no need to be upset
>>
what i did today: made some real good progress

4x12-15 dumbbell shoulder press
3x12-15 side lateral rise
3x12-15 front cable raise
3x12-15 cable rear delt fly and lastly
4x12-15 of dumbbell shrug.
>>
Push day:
OHP
Incline DB press
Lateral Raises

Pull
Face pulls
Rear delt flys in pec dec thing

and I choose not to isolate traps
>>
>>40474695
>upright rows
>not on back day
>>
>>40474659
Front raises
Lateral raises
Back raises (lying flat on a bench)

Now the only head thats not getting attention is the head of your cock
>>
>>40474981
seconding adding face pulls.
I never see anyone do them, but they wreck me hard every time.
>>
>>40474659
dutch cable raises
>>
>>40475758
>more than 12 reps
Isnt that haram?
>>
>>40474659
1. If you're a beginner, don't have a "shoulder day" in the first place.

2. OHP is goat but if you don't have the mobility for it, don't do it.

3. Make sure you hit all three heads.
- Anterior you'll hit anyway because you'll be benching etc. like a retard
- Lateral head is slightly less important and still gets some work on full ROM overhead work
- Posterior head is usually worked too little so make sure to pull a lot, rows, pullups etc.

Since you're a beginner, just benching and rowing and pullups are all you should be doing imo, if you want you can throw lateral raises in.
>>
>>40475850
I don't think you know what upright rows are.
>>
Dont listen to these gain goblin retards OP. Shoulders are the most aesthetic part of the body and should be given extra attention. Do isolations with high volume.
>>
>>40475661
I got some employees fired because they cared about the safety of their gym, good stuff
>>
OHP
Arnold Press
Lateral Raise
Front Raise
Upright Rows

I also do shrugs on shoulder day
>>
>>40474692
>Best advice on /fit/
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.