[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /fit/ think of this guy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: afad1.jpg (133KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
afad1.jpg
133KB, 1920x1080px
Anyone tried his tips for getting big traps (rack pulls above the knee, power shrugs, and cheat-rows)? If so how did it work for you?
>>
>>40473485

>listening to 5'4 manlets advice
>>
His novice program is legit. ICF didn't work for me I stalled a lot. Candito's worked but alpha's is easier to keep track of cuz between full time college and part time job I don't wanna worry about other crap.

Rack pulls in a month made a dif to my traps like no tomorrow. I've been doing weighted stretching and it seems to be helping? Not sure honestly if its his program being better than previous ones or if its the stretching. I'm skeptical of his cheat rep philosophy but given how it's in line with why rack pulls worked for traps im going to give it a shot.
>>
>>40473485
I thought he was an insecure manlet with shit facial genetics that has no idea about lifting. After having tried >rackpullsabovetheknee I can say that I was wrong. He is an insecure manlet with shit facial genetics that gives atleast some good lifting advice.

seriously heavy as fuck rackpulls gave me DOMS like no tomorrow in my traps, never had that before.
>>
File: 1471622362503.png (10KB, 284x178px) Image search: [Google]
1471622362503.png
10KB, 284x178px
>>40473594

How is a rack pull different from a deadlift? I just watched a video on it and it looks like the bar just starts higher up.

Serious question, I'm new to this and just started lifting.
>>
>>40473660
literally the hardest part of the lift is getting off the floor and past your knees.

rack pulls circumvent those areas of the lift and focus primarily on the hip extension (which is also important). the benefit being that you can rack pull a hell of a lot more than you can deadlift.
>>
>>40473660
well you dont have to pull it from the floor so you can do much more weight. I can pretty much do my DL 1RM for sets of 8 when I do rackpulls slightly above the knee. So instead of going through the upper range of motion once in a workout I can do it 3x8 times with isometric holds at the top for 2-3sec which gives you quite a pump in the upper back.

Basically the same movement but you can overload it at the top because you skip the hardest part of the lift and can therefore put much more weight on the bar for the top part.
>>
>>40473660
That's exactly it, the bar just starts higher. The advantage of a rack pull is that you can lift much heavier weight because of the shorter ROM and more optimal joint angles, which will allow you to put much more stress on your upper back and (in theory) make it grow better than deadlifts.
>>
File: 1472078973365.png (254KB, 640x591px) Image search: [Google]
1472078973365.png
254KB, 640x591px
>>40473704

Thanks.

What are RM's? I finally figured out what a PL8 was and now I'm seeing more lingo here.
>>
>>40473746
RM stands for Rep Max. So a 1RM is a weight you can lift once, a 5RM would be the heaviest weight you can lift 5 times and so on.
>>
>>40473485
He's the fucking truth.
>>
>>40473485
Do rack pulls even do anything besides work your grip?
>>
>>40474085
Stretch the traps. Which makes them grow. Watch one of his videos and he explains the logic
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.