[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starting Strength 5 Days a Week?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Im 24, 170 lbs, my PRs are, been doing random self made programs with little consistency since 16:

Bench 195x1
Squat 265x1
Dead 365x1

What would be the harm in doing a progra, like this? Is over training really real? Will I hinder my progress? Hurt myself?

A Day:
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Row 3x5
Dips 3xFailure

B Day
1 mile run
OHP 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Chinups 3xFailure

Week 1:
ABABA

Week 2:
BABAB
>>
>>40469049

You won't "overtrain"
But you will probably stall pretty quickly simply because you aren't giving yourself enough time to recover.

It'll work fine for the first week or two, but the weights get heavy feeling fast on SS.

There is no point in doing it like you plan to.
If you want to do this because you enjoy being in the gym, then find a 5 day routine that is designed to be done over 5 days.
>>
>>40469085

Yes he will "overtrain".

OP that routine is 100% retarded, you must be trolling. 3/10 made me reply.
>>
Are you on steroids? If yes, it will work. If no, nothing will work.
>>
>>40469104

You don't know what overtraining is brother.
lmao at thinking simply lifting 5x a week could cause it.
>>
>>40469085
>But you will probably stall pretty quickly simply because you aren't giving yourself enough time to recover.
that's exactly what overtraining is though
>>
>>40469233

no it isnt.
>>
>>40469240
yes it is

unless you feel like giving me an explanation of what you wrongly think "overtraining" is
>>
>>40469085
>>40469104
>>40469107
>>40469111
>>40469233
>>40469240
>>40469259

(OP Here)

Regardless wether it's overtraining or not, I don't want to stall early. So what can I do on "off days" doing starting strength by the book?

Can I run? Do abs? Chinups? Dips?
>>
>>40469374
>So what can I do on "off days" doing starting strength by the book?
REST
>>
>>40469390

OP Here

I knew this was coming, to rephrase... "What can I do on off days that wont mess with my progress on the main lifts ?"
>>
>>40469405
hate to break it to you

you will not be able to progress linearly on SS (meaning increment weight every workout) if you do anything on off days

my recommendation is you get your lifts up there first and then worry about doing stuff on your off-days

also, chin-ups and dips are included in SS
>>
>>40469425
>meaning increment weight every workout) if you do anything on off days
>my recommendation is you get your lifts up there first and then worry about doing stuff on your off-days
>also, chin-ups and dips are included in SS

OP HERE

Lets say I have to run and do abs (planning on enlisting) when could I best fit it in?
>>
>>40469503
when do you intend on taking the phys test?
>>
>>40469503
>planning on enlisting
Don't think SS is the best thing for the army. They favor cardio bunnies.
>>
>>40469520

In 2 months. I have no idea when i would enter basic though. Could be one month after could be 10.
>>
>>40469425
The one thing you can do on off days is dieting consistently according to your program.
>>
>>40469503

do ss and hiit on fridays so you have enough time to recover by monday

hiit is more efficient for running progression. switch hiit to the actual test a month out, and again 2 weeks out so you have benchmarks to work with
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.