[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Myopia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: myopia[1].jpg (21KB, 600x320px) Image search: [Google]
myopia[1].jpg
21KB, 600x320px
Is it possible to reverse myopia by wearing a slightly underpowered (0.25) prescription and keep reducing it every six months or so? Some people on the internets advocate this, they say that can eye can shrink as well but we don't allow it to by wearing prescriptions (and getting stronger ones like good goys).

I'm getting pretty depressed about how fucking blind I am. Glasses make me a target and are uncomfortable as fuck because of the distortion and my facial asymmetry (they never sit right). And contacts are fiddly as fuck and put me on a cinderella timer every day - what if I'm stranded? This can't be life... ;_;
>>
>>40468538
just get LASIK you dweeb
>>
>>40468538
I 100% believe that wearing glasses while you are a kid fucks up your eyesight
>>
>>40468538
nah, my glasses are underpowered for over 2 years, because I neglected buying new ones. If anything my sight got worse. And I'm at age when it should be pretty stable (32)
>>
>>40468593
I'm 29 and by following what they say (getting stronger and stronger glasses) my eyes keep getting worse.

In childhood they said it would stop at 17. Then 21. Then 25. I'm 29 now and it keeps getting worse. I smell a conspiracy...
>>
File: 1484610814022-pol.jpg (65KB, 827x960px) Image search: [Google]
1484610814022-pol.jpg
65KB, 827x960px
Bates method
Power vision method

There's many testimonials from Bates but some opticianfag is gonna shill against it because it makes them lose money. Personally I think it's legit but it's hard to change the incorrect vision habits it seeks to correct.
>>
>>40468939
or maybe you just look at the screen of computer day after day after day without letting your eyes rest...
>>40469273
it's anecdotal but I think it's bullshit for the reasons I said here >>40468593
You would need physical change of your eye ball length. Your body doesn't have muscles that could compress it with time
>>
File: 980x[1].jpg (53KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
980x[1].jpg
53KB, 560x560px
>>40469899
>or maybe you just look at the screen of computer day after day after day without letting your eyes rest...

So if I never read or look at screens again and spend all my waking hours staring at mountains in the distance instead, could I reverse the trend?

(Not being sarcastic here; genuinely asking. I'm willing to do that. I'm desperate.)
>>
>>40468538
I had myopia and had 8/10 vision, then I stopped reading a book per week and it came back in 2-3 years

If you read a lot stop doing it, it will make you dumber but it did allow me to socialize somewhat more
>>
>>40470177
Purely anecdotal but I work outside all spring / summer / fall and my eyesight is great. Winter time I'm usually inside staring at screens and after a few months I notice it's somewhat blurry, especially after waking up, or looking at my phone for a while. Clears up again after being back outside for a few weeks
>>
>>40470177
Maybe a bit. I imagine in the ancient times cases of shortsightedness were less prevalent than nowadays. Same with melting faces. We're not designed to sit looking at screens all day long.
>>
>>40468584
and you're 100% wrong.
>>40469273
Gee how did you know I was coming
Trust me bruv the bates method doesn't keep us up at night. We don't lose nearly as much money to quackery as we do online retailers.
>>
>>40470177
No.
>>40470271
Dry eye and eye strain. Artificial tears and changing your point of focus occasionally resolve this.
>>40471001
In ancient times, myopia made it harder to survive and breed. Man has developed all sorts of tools to allow the genetically lacking--such as near-sighted, retarded, those carrying all variety of disorders--to survive long enough to breed and pass their inferior mutation to another generation. Not saying this is morally or ethically wrong, just that it's a reality.
>>
G O O D
G O Y I M
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.