[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i will be going to the gym and lift for the first time in my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

i will be going to the gym and lift for the first time in my life tomorrow what should i know (not technical knowledge) but social one any what should i expect
ps: i diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder
>>
Just don't be a douche and you'll be fine
>>
File: 1487714319047.png (32KB, 300x250px)
1487714319047.png
32KB, 300x250px
>>40467915
Youre going to think people are looking at you, they arent. No one gives a fuck about you so dont be nervous. Do what you need to do and leave its literally that simple.
>>
>>40467915
I suggest going early in the morning or late at night for your first lifts to familiarize yourself with the equipment, and where everything is located.

After you know how to do your routine, you'll realize everyone there is just trying to do their own thing and lift/exercise before/after work.

Plus, most guys there aren't big. They're doing brosplits and swinging weights around with no form.
>>
File: 1484256825490.jpg (51KB, 331x331px) Image search: [Google]
1484256825490.jpg
51KB, 331x331px
>>40467915
as the others said, no one gives a fuck about you, seriously, stop making such a big deal out of it.

but more importantly, where is your pic from
>>
>>40467915
What did he learn?
>>
File: 1487613867396.png (433KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1487613867396.png
433KB, 800x533px
ah i forget to say i'm going with a friend both for the first time
>>
File: vb.jpg (796KB, 1600x1073px) Image search: [Google]
vb.jpg
796KB, 1600x1073px
>>40468056
>Not knowing vagabond
I really hate the feels in this manga.
>>
>>40468197
not the same anon but shit that looks awesome
enjoy your gym time bro
>>
>>40468375
VAGABOND is a masterpiece suddly it been on hiatus for years
>>
Don't think using light weights will make people laugh at you. It won't.
Put your fucking weights back after using them.
Don't walk within a few feet of anyone who is in the middle of a set, its offputting.
If you're unsure if something is being used, just ask the nearest person to it.

(optional and a bit passive aggressive) - if you see someone dump their dumbells or anything on the floor right where they finish their set, go and rerack it as soon as you're sure they're done with it.
Call me a faggot, but I do this all the time and it seems to make a difference to how people behave at least while I'm there.
>>
Dont do anything directly in front of the dumbbell rack or i will kill you
>>
If there's only one bench and it's in use, don't be afraid to ask how many more sets they have left.

It's totally normal and even if they have a lot of sets left, they'll probably look for you when they're done. Just asking usually puts you "next" in line.
>>
>>40467915
As long as you don't OHP in the squat rack you'll do good.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.