[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /fit, so pretty much i have the figure of pic related, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: fucc.jpg (37KB, 273x304px) Image search: [Google]
fucc.jpg
37KB, 273x304px
hey /fit, so pretty much i have the figure of pic related, and im looking to know what muscles to target to eliminate this hourglass look. I dont want to work the hip abductors since it will worsen the look. should i hit obliques? im already hitting shoulders and lats hard. any advice is appreciated
>>
If you have wide hips then forget about building a taper and just thicken up your midsection as much as you can with powerlifting work - heavy compounds, lots of food. Your shoulders are wide at least which will balance out a wide waist, like Jay Cutler.
>>
genetics

sorry kid
>>
>>40461200
this, give up on trying to be lean and just bulk up.
>>
>>40461178
flying squirrelmode and delts

>>40461200
no.
>>
>>40461200
what exercises would you recommend? how much ab work should i do every work out?

>>40461696
why no? sounds reasonable to me
>>
>>40461696
You can say "no" all day long, but you'll still have wide hips.
>>
Can wide hips be due to body fat? I'm thinking I should just bulk up and say fuck my cut.
>>
>>40461178
wide hips here as well
I wouldn't suggest avoiding certain exercises for minimal aesthetic gain since it can create muscle imbalance resulting in potential injury
I believe people with wider hips have a bit more core strength(citation needed) so use that to your advantage
>>
>>40461878
Wide hips are a skeletal issue. Nothing aside from surgery to shave down your skeleton would do anything, and nobody does that.

Love handles are another thing entirely, and are definitely fat. OP's pic is lean enough that we can tell it's not love handles, it's wide hips.
>>
its not really wide hips as it is a small ribcage. thankfully, the sternum ossifies up until 25-ish. just do dumbbell pullovers and hope you can stretch out the cartilage/entice growth (bone responds to stress)

otherwise just keep building your upperbody
>>
>>40461878
You mean as in being fat leads to developing wide hip bones? I think child obesity may cause that, but it's mostly genetics.

>>40461934
This.
>>
>>40461178
desu the first thing I noticed was your lack of chest not your wide hips. You look good, bulk up and hit that chest. Having wide hips myself I can tell you it could be waaaay worse
>>
File: image1487719967670.png (2MB, 981x1744px) Image search: [Google]
image1487719967670.png
2MB, 981x1744px
I should bulk right?
I look like shit, but my lifts have been going up, I'm close to body weight on bench, my body weight is 165 my bench is 155.

Also posting this was fucking hard because I know I look like shit and my nipp hair looks gross
>>
>>40462067
Why does no one read the sticky?

Bulk until you have actually got some muscle! Like at least 2 years of lifting minimum until you consider a cut.

If you cut sooner you will be so fucking dissapoitned so you'll go back to bulking. And you'll have wasted all that time and muscle cutting.

BULK HARD 2+ YEARS! If you're desperate for female attention only then you can cut. if you want to be a man bulk for life and get fkin thicc.
>>
>>40462067
Quick rule of thumb:
Are you at least 200lbs? No? Then you're not a man yet. And boys shouldn't cut.
>>
File: Eabrvwc.jpg (133KB, 1270x2522px) Image search: [Google]
Eabrvwc.jpg
133KB, 1270x2522px
>>40461178
I know this feel
>>
>>40462152
I read the sticky countless of times. I never knew what would be best for my body but thank you.

>>40462172
You sound fat. I'm only 5'10, Manlet height but now I'm reassured
>>
File: just bulk bro.jpg (130KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
just bulk bro.jpg
130KB, 480x640px
>>40462152
This! Here's my goal body
>>
File: 4sYBEUt.gif (2MB, 210x155px) Image search: [Google]
4sYBEUt.gif
2MB, 210x155px
>wide hips
>narrow shoulders

kys me please
>>
File: 1481152183400.png (67KB, 658x588px) Image search: [Google]
1481152183400.png
67KB, 658x588px
>>40462566
hang in there youre not alone
>>
>>40461178
Basically all tilting and rotation exercises of the torso will train the muscles on the sides of your core.

Some exercises:

1. Take a heavy barbell into one hand and slowly tilt your torso from left to right, do a set of that and switch sides, repeat.
2. Take an elastic band and attach it to a wall hook or similar, in shoulder height. Hold the other end in your hand and do a slow rotational punching motion. Do a set and switch sides.
3. Crunches, but you rotate your torso while going up.

Usually people build those muscles as a side effect of compound exercises, are you not doing many compound exercises?
>>
>>40462193
There's still hope for you. OP is irredeemable
>>
>>40462746
>40462746
OP here, pic is not me, i said it is like me, however, im not that bad.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.