[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Effective Sedentary Weightloss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_7017.jpg (16KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7017.jpg
16KB, 259x194px
h, /fit/

/g/ here. Obviously combining both exercise with a lower daily caloritic intake high in protein is ideal for weightloss. Skimping on the exercise half of the equation can lead to loss in muscle mass rather than fat as your body tries to cling to what it knows stores the most energy with a sudden calorie deficit.

However some of us are only manage to find time for an hour or less each week to exercise. The problem becomes exponentially pronounced for those of us with sedentary desk jobs. I do about 55hr a week as a network engineer and it's frightening seeing only 3,000 steps taken at the end of a day. This resonates with the growing number of others in the IT field who might even start at a below average weight entering the workforce.

While very gradual, I've lost about 2lbs a month for the last half a year at around a daily 300 calories deficit lower than recommended intake for age/weight/height with minimal to no exercise.

I fell for the Soylent meme, but feel as if replacing lunch with one bottle of soylent on workdays has been the strongest factor towards this sedentary weightloss.

Has anyone else attempted similar cuts? What did you find helped or hurt the most?

tldr: /g/ is fat and lazy but manages to find ways to cut
>>
>>40451085
168-55=113 hours left
You can get exercise in if you want it.
I guess some people want it more than others.

As long as that stuff is nourishing you and you continue eating under maintenance, you will lose weight. 12 lbs is a good start, but about half the rate it could be if you add some light cardio.

Hell, if you're that out of shape, lift weights while keeping your diet the same. Build up some muscle while dumping that fat, you'd look amazing in no time.
>>
>>40451085
Literally all you need is like 5 hours a week for exercise. Maybe less. Would you work 60 hours a week if your boss asked you?

Well your body wants you to add that extra 5 hours in and you won't regret it when you're 60-70+
>>
>>40451085
You don't need exercise or weight training to lose weight. Suggest you'll look and feel better if you do.
>>
You can lose weight by being in a caloric deficit but it's hard when you're very inactive all day.
>>
If you want to do it right:
>be born a non-manlet
>eat less than 2500 calories
Voila. Weight loss. Enjoy that loose skin and hungry skeltal arms.
>>
>k <e >t <o >s <i >s
>>
Start bike commuting to work every day.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.