[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rate my noob gains

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: gains.jpg (104KB, 947x712px)
gains.jpg
104KB, 947x712px
also advice request for two things on my mind:

1) I want to move on to a more bodybuilding routine (been doing SS strictly by the book) and lose some bodyfat since I'm getting a bearmode gut. from what I understand it's mostly volume based (apart from diet). i.e. start doing 3x10 or maybe 5x8 with 70-80% of my current 3x5 maxes with shorter rest. and then add in some other auxiliary lifts that focus on whatever body part I want to grow. do I have this right? please suggest routine if not.

2) Seeing my numbers go up every time is a huge motivator and keeps me looking forward to the gym, it's like a game... what do you use for motivator when you are not getting stronger each time, or even using less weight?

thanks /fit/ you guys changed my life.
>>
>please suggest routine if not

I would go with the /fit/ greyskull lp with custom aux.

>thanks /fit/ you guys changed my life

you're making it, bro
just keep up the hard work
>>
>>40450250
If you keep doing high volume, heavy weight lower body work on the same day as shoulders and arms, your lowerbody will steal all your protein powder and recovery focus - and you'll go T-Rex mode. It happens.
>>
>>40450709
I think I'm already leaning t-rex mode. I have stretch marks on my thighs, and booty is out of control. ripped two pairs of pants at work in the last month. What is a good way to keep lower body from hogging gains without neglecting?
>>
>>40450807
I'm switching from from SL (SS like program) to an upper lower split. Barbell only program because that is what drew me to SL (home gym).

I actually have a thread up on the topic. Still working out the details. I found an app for tracking called "strong" so that helps.

>>40450002
>>
>>40450807
>>40450851
My program still uses all the core lifts, just switches to four days instead of three - and hits them on a lower day, and upper day.

My biggest disappointment with SL was that my chest did nothing. I mean - nothing. Legs are hard as concrete though. I tricked my younger brother into leg kicking me at a family gathering and he was Sir Limps-a-lot all weekend.
>>
>>40450250
looks like me but instead of 3x5 I did 10x2
>>
>>40450807
you might consider slowing your progress btw, if you're getting stretch marks.
an indication of that other body tissues aren't quite adapting as fast as your muscles.
could be a reason to increase weight more slowly, as your cartilage and bones aren't fully adjusted to the new forces yet. they adapt slower.
>>
>>40450902
this, also apply lotion regularly to loosen the skin
>>
>>40450902
>>40450952
thanks for the heads up. I just thought it was unavoidable depending on genetics
>>
Keep going until 1/2/3/4, at least.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.