[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lifting and ROTC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: 1487551143686.webm (960KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487551143686.webm
960KB, 1280x720px
Hey guys, I'm starting Army ROTC in the fall and was wondering if anyone had any advice on incorporating lifting into my schedule:

Monday, Wednesday, and Friday morning I'm going to be doing an hour of PT (bodyweight exercise circuits typically followed by a run). The most important element of my fitness is going to be my running so on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday I'm going to doing runs.

I'm 6'6, 180 pounds and skinnyfat. I want to build muscle (I have literally no definition lmao) and get a lot stronger without bulking up too much and interfering with my running (I don't want to go over 215 pounds). What do you guys recommend? Anyone in ROTC or the military that lifts have any advice?
>>
>>40447431
Retards On The Campus
>>
>>40447482
big retard. on campus w severe varsity blues
>>
ALAN
>>
File: 1487550895923.png (536KB, 861x484px) Image search: [Google]
1487550895923.png
536KB, 861x484px
>>40448761
Alan?
>>
>>40447431
What MOS are you wanting, that is if you intend to join the army.
>>
>>40450025
Obviously it's something that I'll have to learn more about in the coming years but right now 13A or 14A.
>>
>>40447431
Had friends that did rotc. They all did nothing but run miles pushups and worksheets. Had a friend that got /fit/ before joining the army and got flabby. They focused on endurance over gains.
>>
>>40447431
I was in ROTC during college, you get used to running in the mornings and lifting in the afternoons pretty quickly. what school?
>>
>>40450142
Michigan. What kind of split did you follow?
>>
File: IMG_1764.png (14KB, 217x565px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1764.png
14KB, 217x565px
>>40450195
did SS until 1/2/3/4, now I do this
>texas a&m yuhhh
>>
I did ROTC during college. I was Air Force so it wasn't nearly as physical as what the army folks did. You're going to be doing a metric fuck ton of running and calisthenics, so adjust your cals accordingly. Make sure you lift with high weight/low volume 3 times a week.

On active duty when we PT it's literally sign in and do your own workout, so I just do my regular routine. It'll probably be this way for the Army too unless you go do shit hot snake-eater shit.
>>
>>40450229
>make sure you lift with high weight/low volume 3x a week
That's what most people have said. Are "bodybuilding" programs pretty useless for going into the military?

>>40450213
Did you gain a ton of weight? Or can you still get good results without the weight gain?
>>
>>40450327
I was 150 when I started lifting and 190 when I graduated. you don't have to bulk up a ton though, especially if you want to keep run times down. my fastest ever 1.5-mile was 9:18, I added about 30 seconds after I started lifting
>>
>>40450357
That's not too bad. I think I'll do that then: follow SS until I can't make any more progress and then switch to something like your plan.
>>
>>40450327
Doing a PPL or other high volume program plus Army PT, plus all the stress factors of college is going to destroy your body.

For instance I got an engineering degree at a top 20 school for said discipline, and it was fucking terrible for gains. Many, many sleepless nights, quick-fix foods, and top it all off it gave me a nice caffeine addiction. I couldn't imagine trying to pull that off with more than 5 hours a week at the gym, plus ROTC responsibilities.
>>
>>40450094
Ok that's pretty good. Mostly white MOS, both of them.

Trust me you don't want to be stuck in an MOS with mostly nonwhites. They are 100% of the time cliqueish and discriminate against you but you can't do shit because EO is FUBAR.

Also, stay out of the drill sargeants way, do not EVER leave your weapon unnattended, and don't let your dick get the better of you and you'll breeze through Basic Training. Don't let someone bully you, and DO NOT bully someone FFS. Guy lightly tossed a few pebbles at this annoying fuck named Craig one time and got rank stripped from SPC to PV2. (This was in basic)

.t. armyfag
>>
>>40447431
Look up Nick Bare on youtube. Guy is a bodybuilding Infantry LT and talks a lot about army life and weightlifting
>>
>>40450423
I did ROTC and graduated magna cum laude in engineering plus regular lifting. it takes a lot of discipline and time management but it's very doable
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV1lRhAplhE
>>
>>40450229
This guy is right except about PT.

You will wake up at 0530 every morning, go stand in formation until 0630, and then do some retarded fucking shit sorry excuse of exercise until 0730 (sometimes 0745)

This is the army at least. Damned Air Force getting all the cool shit. Dude you guys DiFacs are fucking gourmet, and you get all the hot chicks too. Lucky
>>
>>40450452
Literally the same, but what I'm saying is that unless you have freak genetics or are on gear, PT + a high volume lifting program + college stress is going to fuck you up.

>>40450488
We do get some gorgeous women, but they're all snatched up by their ROTC/Academy sweethearts.
>>
>>40450549
the trick is to not do anything else
>>
>>40450594
What kind of lifting did you do?
>>
>>40450699

this
>>40450213
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (125KB, 608x609px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
125KB, 608x609px
>>40450213
What outfit fag
>>
File: IMG_1935.png (70KB, 249x243px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1935.png
70KB, 249x243px
>>40451100
fuark nice aggie feelsgood brah. I was in squadron 21 and moved to squadron 11 when they reactivated it, you?
>>
I wouldn't worry about getting too big, you sexy hunk of cannon fodder
>>
>>40451184
C Company 17
>>
>>40451213
>BQ's
I probably saw you in the rec, although most of the Q's I remember in there were from B-Co
>>
>>40450443
ROTC is not for enlisted swine gangbangers. Vast majority of Officers are white males.

Most enlisted swine are either trailer trash rednecks, niggers, or MS13 members.
>>
OP enjoy never getting laid and looking like a douchebag playing dress up.

Shoulda gone to OCS bruh.
>>
>>40447482
KEK
It's true though.
>>
>>40450443
wtf are you on about. the guy is a fucking officer candidate he will never meet a fucking drill sergeant nor does he have to go through basic. also FUBAR? you a marine lad?
>>
>>40447431
PT does shit for building muscle. Just go to your college's gym and do SS, ice cream, or whatever.

Just a FYI, the Army is more about running than anything else. You're better off being a great runner and a mediocre officer than the opposite.
>>
>>40451383
get a bad oer by being a mediocre officer and you are fucking toast.
>>
AROTC here. We PT twice a week, with 3's doing an extra day for tactics/rucking/running. I lift 5x week doing PPL. STEM major.

Just find days in your week that you can lift and stick with it.
>>
>>40451268

Officers are nothing but people who are too poor to afford paying for college on their own, and too stupid too be eligible for scholarships. They take the easy way out: "X years of service for free college".

They're nothing but overgrown college kids who think since they've got a commission their word means shit.
>>
>>40451329
>will never have to go through basic
That's where you're wrong
>>
>>40451446
Butthurt enlisted fag detected.

>have to join the military
>get a degree out of it and higher pay

>have to join the military
>working parties, peers are slack jawed idiots, have to get married to barracks rat so you have quality of life

What seems like the better option to you?
>>
AROTC at Michigan Tech.
Mandatory PT MWF
Optional PT T TH

M: Run, body weight exercises
T: Rucking
W: Crossfit (lmao)
TH: Run, body weight exercises
F: Run, body weight exercises/xcountry skiing in winter

I typically do a PPL Split after classes each day, finishing each workout with 15 minutes of core and a 30 min run.
>>
>>40451268
God I hate officers.

Half are cool but the other half are stuck up self centered left wing faggots.

My old LT was hot as fuck though, she had a perfect teardop ass
>>
>>40451100
>>40451184
Le corpse of cadets fags
>>
>>40450458
our guy tyty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLQ5ukxpoQY
>>
>>40451462
LTC is not basic.
>>
>>40451556
>female LT

Pog fuck detected
>>
>>40451574
1v1 me fgt
>>
>>40452161
>>>/2014/
>>
Cadidiot
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.