[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

crockpot purchase

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 81c-sSofeNL._SL1500_.jpg (188KB, 1500x1162px) Image search: [Google]
81c-sSofeNL._SL1500_.jpg
188KB, 1500x1162px
So I'm of the hustle and bustle of cooking, starting to consider a crockpot, most definitely will buy it. my question is, are they all the same except for size? and which size is /fit/ recommended? I'd prefer to cook as little as possible, so I might make 2-3 days worth of food in it. Does that seem plausible? Also, share your pots.
>>
>>40444558
im sick of it
>>
File: colectomybagfav.jpg (116KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
colectomybagfav.jpg
116KB, 500x375px
>>40444558
So I'm of the hustle and bustle of shitting on the toilet, starting to consider a shit bag, most definitely will buy it. my question is, are they all the same except for size? and which size is /fit/ recommended? I'd prefer to shit as little as possible, so I might make 2-3 days worth of shit in it. Does that seem plausible? Also, share your shit bags.
>>
>>40444558
I have one size shown there for family of 4. Which would do meals for a few days for 1 person.

Biggest thing to look for is a timer to shut it off and perhaps turn it on since these things are running while you're gone. Some have a fast and slow cook, fast does 4 hrs slow is 8... latter better for working obviously.
>>
>are they all the same except for size?
basically. plug them in, press the button or turn the knob.

>and which size is /fit/ recommended? I'd prefer to cook as little as possible, so I might make 2-3 days worth of food in it.
i had a 7qt one. ate lat least 2 meals out of my day from the food i made in the crock pot. i ate until i was full. i was also fillin it up to the brim with like chilies and shit. consider that you don't have to fill the whole thing up with your foods. you can make smaller portions depending on what you are cooking. whatever you get get a brand name one. also store leftovers properly to save the most flavor. i don't have a digital one, i have one with a single knob and more than 3 heat settings. i think the ones with 3 heat settings are lame. digital ones are cool but i don't prefer those for my cooking.

if you are gonna make like a chili, don't use canned beans unless you have to. the flavor difference between canned and dry is huge once you've tasted the difference.
>>
>>40444631
I'd probably kill myself if I had to use a colostomy bag for the rest of my life.
>>
>>40444858
also go to a store and check out the variety over buying a first one online irnho.
>>
>>40444631
I'm never going to complain about my life again.
>>
>>40444858
>>40444892
thanks, im gonna head to walmart to see what they got
>>
>>40444858
what's the problem with the digital display models?
>>
>>40444962
i don't see any problem. i prefer ones with knobs for my recipes and cooking.
>>
Before you buy one, check out InstantPot .
It's a pressure cooker, so you can cook your meals faster than a normal slow cooker (it still has a slow cooker setting)
>>
File: tmp_17394-DSC_0137762340498.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_17394-DSC_0137762340498.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>40445963
A little too late m8, i just got this from walmart for 5$ cheaper than amazon, didnt know if i'd have another chance soon to drop by so I just grabbed it.
>>
>>40446169
>nice
>what are you gonna cook first?
>be sure to wash it out and wipe down the outside too.
>keep the area relatively bare, around your crock pot. it keeps things safe as well as makes things neater.
>>
>>40446567
probably potatoes and chicken, something easy and healthy I hope. If anyone has a good list of things I should cook with it, post 'em up. I'm on a cut right now and my TDEE is about 1700.
>>
>>40446847
I like to make pulled pork in mine, I just use a pork butt (the pig's shoulder, not its bottom). It's great for chicken in a creamy sauce, it's great for making stews
>>
>>40446847
You could do chicken, but why not beef? Get a nice tough chuck for cheap, onions, carrots, potatoes and cook it overnight. Bam, beef stew. Save your chicken.
>>
They seem like a good idea until you realise that you really don't wanna be waiting 4 hours for a meal so will probably use it 2 or 3 times before letting it go dusty in a corner.
>>
>>40446847
my mom makes beef cheeks in it when i come visit and they r always great.
>>
>>40446947
>>40446847
how do you use a pot like these? I have one also. I simply put a few onion slices in the bottom, and put a 1 kg piece of pork on top with the fatty part pointed up. then I turn it on for 8 hours. Then I eat.

How do I make potatos in it? Do I fill it with water, then put them in? Can't be... I've cooked for 10 years with regular stuff like boiled potatoes or oven cooked potatoes but in a crockpot I have no idea. How about the chicken. Does it need any fluids in it?
>>
>>40449555
http://www.crock-pot.com/slowcooker-recipe?search=true&rid=3180
apparently you add chicken broth if you're cooking with chicken
>>
>>40444631
yo, its not fun, and its not something you look foward too. Hard to hide under clothing, very embarassing, always smells somewhat, and cleaning is a hassle.
They literally pinch a piece of your intestines and pull it out through your skin, so your intestines literally empty out of your abs.
this is sad if you want one, i almost required one for a medical condition but luckily im not walking around with a shit bag on my stomach now
>>
>>40450562
UC? Crohns?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.