[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Intermittent Fasting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 17

File: tmp_8734-1481633334998571711983.jpg (201KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_8734-1481633334998571711983.jpg
201KB, 1024x1024px
Does anyone have experience with IF for 16:8? What were your results like? How difficult was it to pull off or explain to others?
>>
>>40442142
Why explain it to others?
Keep your diet to yourself unless you wanna look like a self obsessed cunt
>>
Man it changed my life. I finally got the physique I'd dreamed of after a couple months. So easy to get lean as fuck. I'll never cut any other way now. Absolutely love it. Also trained fasted and alternated high carb days and high fat days.

It was easy to pull off with my schedule, 9 to 4 work. So I'd fast from midnight to 4 or 5 the next day. And i loved not eating at work.
>>
yes

amazing, 1.5k deficit is easy. i don't even have cheats/maintenance any more

hard first few days, easy after that
>>
>>40442170
>1.5k deficit

*1.5kcal, for a deficit of 700 - 900
>>
>>40442166
Forgot to add. Retards will always tell you how its bad and breakfast is so important and eating a lot at night makes you fat. But results speak for themselves. It would bother me so much when people tried to force me to eat. So fucking annoying. I could never imagine trying to do that to someone.
>>
>>40442166
I was 190 at 6'3 here and it was so easy to get that lean... for the first time in my life.
>>
>>40442142
With the right motivational material, it is quite easy to pull off.

But when I see an ugly chick, the whole mood is ruined and I know it won't be a good nut.
>>
>>40442189
So seriously only a couple months and you saw some big results? Do you cycle on and off or do you just stick with it years round?
>>
>>40442213

not him but i'm 3 weeks in, 17lbs down seeeing huge differences (206 - 189)

it's really weird reading these posts of people losing like 2lb a month
>>
Do any of you have any scientific studies on 16:8 IF? How do I know you're not getting the placebo effect? The one study I read mentioned fasting for 24+ hours 2-4 times/week.

How long do you need to fast to get benefits?
>>
>>40442213
this is me
>>40442205
Yes. Very fast results. Stubborn fat deposits around the midsection finally came off.

When I'm bulking I'm a little more lax on it but any time I'm trying to get or stay lean, its IF every time.
>>
>>40442142

16:8 meaning you are allowed to eat for 8 hours a day, right?
>>
>>40442226

It's hunger management. That's it, there's nothing else to it, it just makes maintaining a deficit much easier than if you eat tiny meals throughout the day. Instead, you deal with a little hunger in the morning and can enjoy bigger meals in the afternoon, which is when you want to eat and relax.

There are no "scientific studies" as there is nothing to study. It does not magically burn fat, your deficit does that. I have no idea why you're bringing up placebos.

Please understand this. I'm not trying to be a dick, but it's calories. It's just calories, alright, don't fan misconceptions about magical diets.
>>
>>40442226
check out martin berkhan's website. he writes a ton of good articles. One thing that is absolute is that it makes it easier to eat a small amount of calories and stay satisfied. Thats a recipe for success already.

The 16 hour thing comes from the fact that after about 16 hours, the breakdown of protein into glucose for fuel takes over. If i remember correctly.

check out leangains.com though
>>
>>40442142
Yeah, I did IF hard.
It was basically one meal where I had to eat everything I needed in one meal and that's it.

But I ate whatever I wanted when I wanted saturdays.

Lost a metric fuckton of fat and i worked out before I ate my meal and 2-5 hours before bed.

BUT I was cold all of the time, would sometimes feel out of it and I was a bit of a lazy dick.
>>
>>40442244
Calories is weight, but there are ways to improve body composition. Calorie partitioning.

there was a study somewhere where people who fasted lost the same amount of weight as those who didn't, but more of the weight lost was fat.
>>
>not doing 23:1
>>
>>40442259

Yes, but that relates to hitting single digit bf% whilst retaining heavy muscle. To the average fatty just losing weight, calories are everything, and IF is great for that.

It just makes it so easy. I read a post today, a guy who binges so hard on junkfood once every fortnight that he spends the rest of that week working it off. He needed to in order to "cope", and so was basically writing off every other week in terms of his diet.

IF ensures you don't do stupid shit like this, spending an entire year losing 30lb or something ridiculous.
>>
File: 1idd92.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1idd92.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>On IF 16:8
>Also on a fucked up sleep schedule right now due to 12h shifts at work and having access to loads of drugs
>remained awake through my first meal in my feed window
>crash the fuck out after consuming, for some reason
>wake up outside of my 8 hours
>stomach growls the second I look at the clock

aaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HELP ME
>>
>>40442285

you really must do better
>>
>>40442264

>not doing 48:24
>>
>>40442205
Mirin. Where did you start?
>>
>>40442244
Please kill yourself.

Failing that, at least try to do research before you spread bro-science and admonishing others for not worshipping the Curl as you do. It took me all of 30 seconds to go to the NCBI site and search for "intermittent fasting"
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4516560/
>>
>>40442295
about 196 but way softer and less muscular.
>>
>>40442301

>calories in < calories out
>bro science

Are you responsible for all these BCAA threads lately?

e a t l e s s f u c k i n g f o o d
>>
>>40442315
I'm not even talking about losing weight you fucking troglodyte.
>>
>>40442288
Yeah, undoubtedly. I got all my protein in today though so I at least didn't fuck up my macros.
>>
File: kH662wb.jpg (344KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
kH662wb.jpg
344KB, 2048x1365px
So I tried what would be considered IF over the past few days where I'd stop eating at 2300 or 0000 and not eat again until 1700, so basically 7:17

but I find it WAY too easy to get all my calories and go over my TDEE during those 7 hours. I typically eat dinner, fight off food for an hour then eat a second dinner, then snack on things like cottage cheese and eggs or beans on toast. I seem to always meet or beat my TDEE despite trying to pace myself.

Am I too greedy for IF to work or what's the deal?
>>
>>40442146
>Why explain it to others?

Some people aren't autistic and actually get asked to eat with other people.
>>
Cutting with IF as soon as I stall. Should I count macros?
>>
>>40442443
You're not a hobbit. You don't need two dinners.
You need a dinner with lots of filling low calorie veggies then maybe a dirty as fuck IFFYM snack later.

You'll also need to be a bit more active or do a simple workout routine to help burn whatever overages you did. OR you can do the much more easy thing and not eat as much that night or eat less the next day.
>>
>>40442483
always.
>>
File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
>>40442501
>You need a dinner with lots of filling low calorie veggies then maybe a dirty as fuck IFFYM snack later.
My dinners just now are
>150g chicken
>100g rice & lentils
>150g celery, onion & carrot

Veg make up 60%+ of what I eat.

>ou'll also need to be a bit more active or do a simple workout routine to help burn whatever overages you did
I lift heavy every 2 days. Currently a little above 1/2/3/4

>OR you can do the much more easy thing and not eat as much that night or eat less the next day.
If I could I wouldn't be posting.
>>
>>40442142
Don't do it, you'll fuck up your gastrointestinal system. You're not meant to starve for several hours then to binge. Not long term surely.
>>
File: plsbok.png (197KB, 393x249px) Image search: [Google]
plsbok.png
197KB, 393x249px
>>40442228
PLEASE tell me what it is you actually do in intermittent fasting. My mid section and thighs are the bane of my existence that I just cant seem to get rid of
>>
>>40442443
how did that ship get stuck there and how is it getting out? is it an icebreaker?
>>
>>40442675
Scientific research rig from what I recall, couldn't say. Google it
>>
>>40442244
IF is not only about Calories... the most important and beneficial thing about IF is that your Digestion System is not working 24/7!
You Body goes on a fasting state every day and in that time can work on other things (Regeneration, repair).
You can lose faster weight, but your Body benefits alot more than only the calories def.

To the ones that are no doingt it, try and you will see yourself.
>>
>>40442584
[Citation needed]
>>
>be me
>fast through my restdays
>so about 36-72h
I am losing appetite.
pls. help.
but then again, I lost kgs in a week
>>
>>40442248
martin is a fuckwit, cant stand that guy. fuck him
>>
>>40442584
actually that sounds like what every animal in the wild does.
>>
When do you lift while doing IF?
>>
>>40442915

Also, it's not like hunter-gatherers always had food lying around to have breakfast. Meaning they hunted fasted
>>
>>40442236
Eat for 16. You fast the 8 hours you sleep.
>>
>>40442940
Depends on how fast you wanna lose weight. Lifting on an empty stomach will make you lose weight faster but at the cost of losing more muscle than if you had lifted after eating a meal.
That's my experience with it, anyway.
>>
File: image.png (21KB, 261x209px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
21KB, 261x209px
How do you get into intermittent fasting? Do you just go straight into cutting breakfast (that meal for example, I know you can cut dinner as well) or do you start eating less and less in the morning, then finally stop?
Also, can you drink tea in the morning and during the time where you aren't supposed to eat? I'd ideally go for 12:15-6:30 as my eating hours
>>
>>40444120
>broscience
>>
>>40444132
Cut out breakfast.
Tea and coffee are fine as long as you're not adding anything to it. no milk or sugar. And those hours look fine, that's about the same schedule I did
>>40444139
Like I said, that was just my experience.
>>
>>40444159
Thanks for the help
Also, I never add anything to my tea or coffee. It tastes like shit once you add sugar or milk, loses the natural taste
>>
Will Intermittent fasting cure my IBS Constipation syndromwe?
>>
>>40444179
You might have some hunger pains when you first start skipping breakfast. Drink lots of water to help with that, and then just remind yourself why you're doing this and think about how good your first meal is gonna be.
Survive the first week and then it becomes pretty easy.
>>
>>40442142
That's a terrible idea. Fasting fucks with your metabolism and makes you binge. The most efficient way to cut is just a reasonable caloric deficit of like 15% your recommended daily intake to maintain your current weight.
>>
>>40444192

Why don't you give it a shot
>>
It's completely changed the way I cut. I had more progress on IF in a month than I did cutting for 4 months on the 6 meal/day diet that scoobert recommended. Highly, highly recommend.

However, starting it off is pretty shit. The hunger pangs will be annoying as fuck for the first week or two while your body gets used to it. My eating window is between 12:30 to 8:30, and usually I don't get hungry until about 1.

also, my arms and chest are noticeably larger, while my body fat is dropping. I know it's /impossible/ to gain muscle while losing fat, and I've been fairly meticulous about my calories.
>>
>>40442142
The doctor chick that's on Joe Rogan's podcast every now and again recommends you go the extra mile and don't drink coffee or tea while fasting, which makes total sense but is a pain to implement.
>>
>>40444785
how am i supposed to function in the morning without any caffeine from tea or coffee?

If I straight up cut everything I consume for energy in the morning im not going to get anything done until my first meal
>>
If you are doing IF, take it a step further and go on a ketogenic diet. Low carb, high fat.
>>
what is better for IF?

16:8 or 18:6?
>>
>>40442205
Seriously make an effort to get rid of those love handles
>>
>>40444785
>which makes total sense
Brah there are basically no calories in coffee or tea, less than 5 for sure.

>>40444897
You are thinking about this all wrong, it's not some miracle meme cut, it's just a way of eating. 2 hours either way makes no difference. I eat basically 1 extended meal at night, under 2 hours, and still no difference.
>>
>>40442142
>How difficult was it to pull off or explain to others?
I played competitive video games for the entire day. Would forget I was hungry and go to sleep after
>>
>>40442473
If they're not autistic then they wouldn't have a problem moving their eating window a few hours, thereby making it unnecessary to "explain" anything.
>>
>>40444210
idiot. intermittent fasting reduces your metabolism a lot less than constant calorie reduction does.
>>
File: hargrid.jpg (24KB, 545x272px) Image search: [Google]
hargrid.jpg
24KB, 545x272px
My mom is trying to redpill me on this shit.

I think its retarded. You're not losing weight cuz mah insulin levels, you're losing weight because you're eating way less.

Why not just eat smaller meals throughout the day so you don't get hungry and feel shitty when fasting.
>>
>>40444922
Yeah, and that's why it's fine to drink them while fasting, you're still around 0 calories. But by drinking anything other than water you don't get to take advantage of some more subtle benefits, like some stuff about enzymes. Watch the latest podcast with her, she explains it convincingly.
>>
>>40444982
You could eat a single meal a day and still gain a lot of weight

If you can't handle waking up and not eating until 8 pm then maybe you should stop fucking being a bitch
>>
>>40444876
I do it by starting my eating window the moment I d rink my morning tea, it sucks cause school gets in the way, but I take food with me, so i don't have to stuff alot of food in the brief time that I'm home afterwards.
>>
>>40444982
Stay fat, fattie
>>
File: doggie.jpg (44KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
doggie.jpg
44KB, 251x251px
>>40445015

Assuming the same caloric intake you dumb nigger. That should have been implicit.

My point is, it's calories in, calories out. IF is just for dumb faggots who can't or won't count calories properly.
>>
>>40444210
So then why can I eat over 2000 calories and easily return to my previous weight eating normal? Yeah no
>>
>>40445049
I fast and meticulously count my calories been making great gainz at the gym still and I'm losing weight
>>
>>40445049
You still count calories on IF you dumb nigger
>>
>>40444912
lmao
>>
>>40445100

>Muh insulin levels = making gains while losing weight

Sounds like bro science to me.
>>
>>40444973
Illiterates like you talking as if you know anything about metabolism.
>>
File: 6.jpg (93KB, 960x383px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
93KB, 960x383px
>>40444982
Because after 18 hours of fasting, HGH spikes 2000%.

Testosterone up significantly as well.

Lifting after 18 hours of fasting is glorious. Just make sure you are keto otherwise you'll kill yourself due to lack of energy.

Does it suck eating once a day? For the first few weeks yes. After that, you adapt, and you gainz. There's also considerable satisfaction that comes from disciplining yourself and having your eating habits under control.

16/8 is great. 22/4 is better. Good luck bro.
>>
>>40445257
>22/4
Dat 26hr day that only IF gets you
>>
>>40445365
>2017
>not living on mars

never gonna make it
>>
Just a quick question:
Should I still be eating at a 500-800kcal deficit when doing IF? Is it necessary?
>>
>>40445257
>Because after 18 hours of fasting, HGH spikes 2000%.
[Citation needed]
>>
>>40445464
Do you want to lose weight? Yes
Do you want to maintain weight? No
Do you want to gain weight? No
>>
>>40445483

Thenk
>>
>>40442244
i agree with you in that the deficit is what causes the fat loss and most of the info surrounding if is probably broscience. but i think there is something to be said about hormone manipulation and insulin's role in contributing to fat loss. i'm no nutritional scientist but i think there's probably a little more to it than calories in < calories out.
>>
>>40442166
how can you train fasted? since i've started cutting i have to bring an extra banana with me to the gym to eat mid-way just so i don't crash. i can't imagine doing any kind of cns-intensive work like heavy squats or deads completely empty.
>>
>>40442236
Yes.
>>
>>40445587
Not that dude, but while there may be many individual processes in the body that change the rate of fat loss, how much impact do you think they really have?
It's negligible, and cals in/cals out always wins. Even if IF was some magic meme, what's going to happen, you hit your goal 1 week sooner.

Cals in/Cals out over time to reach your desired goal. Everything else is just noise.
>>
>>40445130
Whatever bro all I know is that I hit a 215lbs bench press while still fasting
>>
>>40446034
That was a PR too
>>
>>40442612
Just. Don't eat for 16 hours til dinner.

Eat your TDEE -30% @ Dinner - or as much as you can. But, get lots of complex carbs - not simple carbs. It seems to help for hunger pangs in the morning.

I adjusted to it by taking 200mg Caffeine, kills my hunger pangs desu and can use as a preworkout in the morning.
>>
desu
>>
File: 1486531965299.jpg (569KB, 915x958px) Image search: [Google]
1486531965299.jpg
569KB, 915x958px
>>40442205
Where is your belly button?
>>
>>40442142
>How difficult was it to pull off or explain to others?
Just don't eat in the morning. It takes a bit of time but you'll get used to.
I run 2 miles in the morning on most days and even fasted I'm fine.
>>
>>40442166
So you leave work at 4, go to the gym at 4, cook at 4 and eat at 4?
Fascinating
Please respond as I pretty much also wanna train fasted and go to work but I can't envision it desu.
>>
IT + HIIT as a skelly?
Will it make me lose muscle mass?
Is it worth doing for HGH gains or are they minimal?
As far as i know the more you fast for, the higher HGH release is and HIIT signals your brain to release even more HGH.

Answer would be appreciated.
>>
It can be tough to eat the 'feast' meal if I'm at work and people think it's kind of weird but no one really cares that much. I feel way more focused and upbeat during my fasted state than I ever did while eating a proper breakfast.
>>
has anyone tried intermittent fapping?
i.e instead of trying to only masturbate 5 or 6 times throughout the day trying to fit all 5 or 6 into an 8 hour window?
id imagine the benefits would be similar to nofap but i think i would find it more sustainable than nofap which we all know is impossible to keep up for more than 2 or 3 days
>>
>>40446210
If you can manage a surplus without eating like shit, sure. I struggle to eat enough in 8 hours to gain weight without resorting to shitty fast food or something.
>>
>>40442778
Sick mom science you fucking faggot.
>>
IF seems like the norm any damn way.

Breakfast at 8
Lunch at 12
Dinner at 4

WOW SO HARD
>>
File: 1487498520179.gif (2MB, 350x255px) Image search: [Google]
1487498520179.gif
2MB, 350x255px
Doing something that's more akin to 19:5 or 20:4, started 2 weeks ago

Already lost a bit of weight, hope I won't die
>>
I tend to get very nauseous and lightheaded when hungry, any way to help counter this until I get used to it?
>>
On my 3rd phase of IF now, been doing a 3 month cycle every 3months.
Down from 215lbs to 160lbs, easily lost 20-25lbs each cycle.
Great for calorie and hunger management, lifts stayed the same during the cut.

My eating routine is usually.
AM - black coffee
12:30pm - apple and sardines (200 cal)
5:00pm - banana and eggs (250cal)
WORKOUT
7:00pm - 1000 cal dinner (veggies, beans, meat)
>>
>>40446216
This x1000
Much of the time I need to force myself out of the fast, almost like riding a high
>>
>>40442142
Lmao!!! Fooking people and the memes. Love it.
>>
File: Ns56u643964.png (85KB, 492x280px) Image search: [Google]
Ns56u643964.png
85KB, 492x280px
>>40442222
17 lbs in 3 weeks?

you in a concentration camp by any chance.
>>
How well would eating all of my calories at 3:30 PM work?

I get up at 5:45 and would work out at 11:30
>>
>>40442244
ah, so something like breakfast and skipping lunch, then having dinner would work the same too ?
>>
File: fasting.jpg (70KB, 564x423px) Image search: [Google]
fasting.jpg
70KB, 564x423px
>>40445365

>22/4

>2017 not knowing the intermittent fasting changes the rules of time and space.
>>
You guys arent worried about hitting your protein mark in this cut? I have to hit like 110g a day. how do you do it?
>>
>>40442142

yes I have:

John 16:8

When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170221-103025.png (174KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170221-103025.png
174KB, 1440x2560px
>>40449727
>>
>>40450085
A can of tuna and two eggs and youre there at half the days calories left to fill up on vegetables
>>
Can you do IF with diabetes?
>>
>>40449727
110 grams? That's a chicken breast and a scoop. That's nothing, kid.
>>
>>40450415
Type 1 or 2? Type 1 probably is not advisable. Would be beneficial for type 2 though. It increases insulin sensitivity.
>>
>>40445022

This is what I do as well. I have my eating window from 7AM to 3PM. Uni makes it a pain in the ass but it's pretty nice to be able to have a small breakfast before I run off to class and then stuff my face when I get back. Makes me feel like I'm cheating without actually cheating.

I used to eat from noon to 8 and being fasted during class was hell. So glad I changed.
>>
File: 1487630305073-fit.gif (471KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
1487630305073-fit.gif
471KB, 512x288px
>>40445257
I work 12 to 9. I go to the awesome gym at work and go home and eat. It's cool to eat after? Is this the real life?
Thread posts: 119
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.