[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MY LEG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: myleg.jpg (72KB, 572x961px)
myleg.jpg
72KB, 572x961px
Sup /fit/. I'm 6'2 overweight and I want to lose that shit asap because I'm a dumb faggot. But that's not important right now.

>Broke as fuck
>Manage to eat well on a budget
>Can't afford gym/pool
>Try C25K since it's free
>Anytime I run, the first run goes well but on the day after the next I get insane pain in the shins.

I used to think it was shin splints but this shit hurts whenever I put ANY weight on my legs. Is my Tibia swollen? Is running just a meme? Can I get sick weight loss gains in a way that won't give me a pimp lean?

Pls hlep
>>
>>40438699
have you tried calf raises? those helped me when i started
>>
>>40438699
Maybe focus on just dieting and walking for now, come back to running when you are less heavy. How much do you weigh if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>40438699
>>40439431

Oh also, how are you running? Are you landing on your heel, the ball of your foot (area connected to your toes), or mid-foot?
>>
>>40438699
You're broke?
Eat less
Your meals will be chicken thighs hamburger eggs potatoes rice broccoli and whatever cheap veg you can afford.
That's it.

No running fat shit. You're too big for it. Basic 3 days a week calisthenics and long walks or swimming will get you where you need to go.
>>
>>40438699
I second the calisthenics, walking, and swimming.
>>
>>40438699
Just eat 500 calories under your TDEE and walk 30-60 minutes a day for now (and by walk I mean actually walk, not a casual pace). Try losing about 10-15 pounds, and then try running again.
>>
>>40439431
>>40439449
I haven't weighed myself in 2 weeks. I'm eating at a 500 cal defecit. My last weigh in was at 215lb / 97.5 kg.

I've never been much of a runner, honestly. I run how it just comes natural. Usually landing on the heel but immediately rolling the foot so the weight transfers through to the ball of the foot like a curve.
>>
>>40439467
I can run fine, man. It's just this weird pain.

I eat red kidney beans / pinto , tilapia and salmon, yucca and sweet potatoes and spinach broccoli and cauliflower.
>>
>>40439609
Yeah, I really wish I could swim. I don't have access to a pool or a body of water that isn't a gator infested swamp. I'll look into calisthenics and I guess I'll just go on walks with my neighbor. Thanks for your help!
>>
>>40439732
Am I really that much over the limit? I only weight 215 lb...

Man this is depressing. To think I'd get to a point where I'd have to walk...
>>
>>40439977
Don't worry about it too much man. I had to walk when I was 265 lbs, but after two weeks of good pace walking I was able to start the C25K. Lose a bit of weight and just get used to moving around again, then try running when you feel ready. Perhaps try a run at the end of each week and see what the damage is on your shins before you proceed onto more running. Don't forget to run midfoot, neither on the balls or heels of your feet, but somewhere in the middle.

I would also recommend the Lose It app to track your daily intake and the Google Fit app, which synergizes with Lose It by tracking your steps and showing you how many calories you burned. Get into the habit of weighing yourself every morning when you wake up, because that is when you are at your lightest.

We're all going to make it brah.
It doesn't matter where you start, only where you stop.
>>
File: 047_slurm-mckenzie_400x400.png (114KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
047_slurm-mckenzie_400x400.png
114KB, 400x400px
>>40440250
Thanks, man. I guess we all gotta crawl before we can walk. I'll walk daily since my neighbors been bugging me about it and she usually has a lot to talk about. I'll get into some kind of calisthenics routine since I haven't lost all my strength gains from my teens.

Just an eye opener, you know? Just glad I caught it sooner than later.
>>
>>40440347
Count your blessings and all that. Don't forget to practice walking mid-foot.
>>
>>40439926
Shouldnt be too heavy to run
Do some strength training on your legs for a bit and toughen those muscles up, might help combat or prevent the pain if the pains source is muscle
>>
>>40442252
I used to think it was DOMS but this isn't like that anymore. It's directly centered at the shin and ankle area, and it's even tender to the touch.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.