[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is wrong with me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1482360959455.png (290KB, 754x554px) Image search: [Google]
1482360959455.png
290KB, 754x554px
Greetings /fit/ i'm here to seek advice and tell you a story of failure.

>Fall of 2011, Start lifting for fun (Height: 5'7 Weight: 132lbs)

>Follow random 4-day bro split that fellow gym buddies are doing. Make decent gains the first few months.

>Become more interested in training and nutrition. Start browsing /fit/ as well as other fitness related sites. Decide to do Madcow 5x5.

>Make great gains both in strength and physique. Also reading about training and nutrition everyday. My scientific background helps me further my understanding of it all.

>Tracking macros, gaining weight, following different full body routines.

>2013/2014. Reach 176lbs and feeling joocy.
>Randomly become lazy as fuck
>Old eating habits of 1-2 shitty meals a day return.
>Not following any proper lifting routine and skipping workouts.
>Though still watching and reading fitness related content on my free time.

>2015/2016. Lost a lot of gains. Lifting on and off, but still no consistency in sight. Random spurts of motivation make me go all out for a month or two where I quickly gain, but then return to idleness. Haven't made any progress since the first two years of lifting. Stuck in an infinite cycle of regress and progress. Ultimately looks like regression is winning.

>2017. I'm still here consuming fitness content. Weight is down to 143lbs. Strength is at an all time low (novice level). Physique is somewhat defined but small. Probably been to the gym a total of ~10 times in all of 2017. I know exactly how to proceed in theory to make great gains. I just can't stick to it.

So...WTF is my problem? What psychological issue prevents me from sticking to shit?
>>
I have also fucked up, but getting older made me more depressed and I completely stopped being who I am

We need to get back to it man, I have not gone to the gym in three months, I keep saying tomorrow, but I end up just sitting at home
>>
>>40435257
>/fit/
>fitness content
pick one
>>
>>40435257
Do you have depression?
>>
>>40435257

find a purpose for going to the gym

>started to lift as a big fuck you to the girl who rejected me, after a while the hate was gone and i was genuinely interested in being healthy.
>>
>>40435257
>>40435312
Are you me
I'm getting back at it been running and counting calories again now for over a month

I think I'm depressed some days when I get out of bed all I can think is what the fuck am I doing with my life
>>
>>40435257
Remind yourself it is never about how you feel. You do it because you're supposed to.
>>
File: 1481510004418.jpg (55KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1481510004418.jpg
55KB, 604x604px
>>40435364
Might have gotten hit by a dose of real life when I transitioned from late teen to young adulthood leading to some form of depression yeah.
>>
>start bulking
>proceed with extreme caution because it sucked having to lose 50 pounds over a 5 month period, scared to over eat
>start off slowly and carefully
>a couple months into "bulking" start eating more sweets and junk food
>stopped counting my calories, barely care about protein anymore
>start missing gym days sometimes just because I don't feel like it
>diet is complete shit now
>don't know how to get back into eating right again
what do I do guys
>>
>>40436658
Same thing happened to me
>>
>>40435257
>So...WTF is my problem?
You didn't read the sticky.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.