[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I push myself without going to failure?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: deep.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
deep.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
I've kept reading that people who don't get gains have to "try trying", and that they have to push themselves, so I have pretty much gone to failure on around half my compound sets, now I have read that this supposedly is bad for recovery and that I shouldn't go to failure often, so heres my question, how do I push myself without going to failure? Can it even be called pushing if you're not going to failure? I'm really confused.

Are the people whos told to push themselves such little bitches that they dont even go to near failure?
>>
>>40430687
You made one mistake when people gave you that advice, you pushed reps not weight.

When you're on a linear program and keep increasing weight from workout to workout you'll notice that at one point the weight just doesn't move as fast anymore, the rests you take get longer and you might even get anxious about the next set. Sometimes you'll stop at the 4th rep and actually consider doing another one simply because you're not sure if you'll make it or not.

That's the point at which you push yourself, psyche yourself up move the weight with good strict form and complete the final rep. Of course safety comes first, having a spotter is invaluable on the bench, having safeties on squats too.
>>
File: anime.jpg (22KB, 266x300px) Image search: [Google]
anime.jpg
22KB, 266x300px
>>40430988

thats exactly what I do, but I rarely give up after the 4th rep unless my form was bad.
>>
File: 1482800402345.jpg (61KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1482800402345.jpg
61KB, 1000x800px
>>40430988
that's inspirational thanks man.
>>
>>40430687
it's a common knowledge that to get muscle mass you need to tear the muscle. so "trying" means lifting heavier weights, lifting them properly, and lifting them when you feel like your muscles can't do it.

oh, also the diet. even someone with shittiest genetics will get tremendous gains over the course of a year this way.
>>
>>40431414
>lifting them when you feel like your muscles can't do it.

Isn't that going to failure?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.