[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Conversation Tips Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Hey guys i'm getting pretty confident in how i look to the point where i feel like me being self conscious is no longer the limiting factor that it used to be.

Now however, I find myself at a severe lack of the ability to talk to people.

I've heard that a generally good way to make conversation is to talk about that other persons interests but I'm not sure how to go about that, if i talk to someone about their interests should i just talk about it with them and keep asking questions for as long as I can? I feel like if i ask a girl what she likes to do and she says "cooking" I try to engage her with talking but after maybe 3 minutes I feel like I should change the subject.

Am I right about this or should I stop being so selfconscious and keep on talking about any interest I can find of hers?

Any other advice would be great, I'm literally starting at the bar w/ no weights when it comes to having conversations and trying to be social.
>>
>>40423239
just be yourself man
>>
>>40423239

stop analyzing everything so autistically might be a start. Ask if you're interested or don't. what the fuck
>>
>>40423340
I know this is a meme, but seriously op, just relax and don't overthink it
>>
>>40423239
ask about what that person do not like and why. Sometimes it gives room to other topics.

don't overthink it too much, brah.
>>
>>40423239
Easiest way is to just be honest. If a girl says "I like cooking", and you actually care about cooking, then there will be something you can say. I myself like cooking, and so I would ask her what she cooks, favorite ingredients, favorite food memory, does she like sweet or savory, does she own any cookbooks, if so whose? That kind of stuff.

If you don't share her interests then just laugh it off. For example you could make a joke: " I'd probably burn water, haha, what else do you like doing?".

If you don't have anything in common then realize that and figure out what you want. If you wanted a relationship, then run away, if you wanted her pussy just because she looks hot, then be forward, make innuendos at first, but be very clear in a non creepy autistic way, if she agrees, then cool, if not then rape.

Done. Honesty is always the best policy.
>>
>>40423340
>>40423415
That only works for normies who've honed their conversational skills over their entire lifetime to the point were it's second nature

It's like telling someone who can't read to just "look at the words dude it's not hard"
>>
>>40423239
Ok, here's what you do.

1) Always try to make the conversation about the person you're talking to.

2) Give complements and ALWAYS be positive, avoid words like "hate".

3) live an interesting life. This might be the most important thing. This allows you to always have an anecdote or at least something interesting to say about most topics.

4) eye contact and body language. Make sure you look interested and are really listening.
Say the girl likes to cook, as per your example.
Ask her "What do you like to cook?"
She might say something like "Pizza"
Then you have a lot of follow ups: What kind of pizza?, have you been to this pizza place?, or I like to cook ___.

Godspeed OP
>>
>>40423239
I do this for a living. There are three rules I follow in basic communications:

Groundswell Rule:
Break ground with a topic that can easily be molded to fit any viewpoint. Use safety topics like food, setting or media.

Contention Rule:
Do not be overly agreeable or a "perfect" match. Have differing viewpoints and opinions even if they are slight.

Active Listening:
Engage in the basic rule of paying attention to what they are saying. Most people wait for their turn to talk so that they can talk about themselves; do not do this. Instead redirect back at them with a small anecdote.

These three rules will get you through the first conversation you have with someone. The assumption is made that you actually have opinions of your own and are not a media regurgitator.
>>
File: read.jpg (77KB, 625x416px) Image search: [Google]
read.jpg
77KB, 625x416px
>>40423596
m8, there really is no easy way. You just have to bite the bullet and accept it won't go your way every time
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.