[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just started running. Ran my first mile.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: pt.png (73KB, 271x186px) Image search: [Google]
pt.png
73KB, 271x186px
Basically on NYE I decided to finally quit smoking. About 1 week ago I decided to get into shape and start running. I know I really should be taking it slow but I have not been doing that. On day one I could barley even get around once..last forward to today (about one week later) and I just completed my first mile in around 9 minutes. Am I gunnna make it /fit/
>>
>>40415954
Yes. Progress slowly to avoid injury and add in some injury-prevention strengthening stuff (easy google search).

Don't forget to stretch.

The more you put into it the more you get out of it.

Good luck bruh
>>
>>40415962
How much slower should I take it? Isn't not being able to even finish a mile to breezing by it in under a week way to quick?
>>
>>40415983
No criticism here. Just talking generally for some stuff to keep in mind for the long term.

I've been through the whole smoking thing too, always good to see other people getting off that stuff.
>>
>>40416069
Yeah its trash dude. Oddly enough I used the ecig which is not a tobacco alternative and not meant to quit but helped me quit. Fuck big tobacco.
>>
>>40416081
Dude, congrats on taking steps to improve yourself. First, the running:

Try to keep good form. Shorter, quick steps are better for both speed and joint health. Try to land on your mid-foot. Reduce your vertical travel by as much as possible. Make sure you stretch, dynamic stretches before hand, static stretches after.

Now, your final point. Don't say fuck big tobacco. Don't take any blame from yourself. If you let up on your routine and let up on quitting, you will once again blame the company, and not yourself. Recognize that you are in control of your life, not them, not anyone else, and you will have a stronger willpower to quit.

Best of luck mate
>>
Yeah don't overdo it or you'll get shin splints.

Take rest days, be sure to get a lot of protein just as if you were lifting. Incorporate lifting or at least bodyweight routines at somepoint for that aesthetic goal
>>
>>40416703
no way am I going back to cigarettes...ok well maybe when I'm 80 or something.
>>
File: Shinyandchrome.jpg (70KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
Shinyandchrome.jpg
70KB, 630x630px
>>40415954
This is seriously the only thread worth a damn right now. Gj, hope you get to two and all the best to annons looking to beat their PR.
>>
I wanna be at 1.5 miles by the end of next week...would that be pushing it?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.