[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sugar Addiction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: sugar-addiction-2.jpg (55KB, 650x437px) Image search: [Google]
sugar-addiction-2.jpg
55KB, 650x437px
What's the best strategy, for curbing sugar addiction?
>>
Whatever your opinion on its usefulness for other things is, intermittent fasting is great for re-setting insulin sensitivity.
>>
>>40415561

Sodium cyclamate, lots and lots of sodium cyclamate.
>>
>>40415561
stop eating sugar
>>
-Don't go shopping hungry
-When you crave sugar, eat fruit
-Don't eat processed crap because there's almost always added sugar, make your own food with simple whole ingredients
>>
>>40415561
>sugar addiction

Is this a real thing? It's not like you can go through withdrawal or anything. I think op is just a whiney baby.
>>
>>40415561
heroin addiction
>>
>>40415585
>what's the best strategy for curbing sugar addiction
>eat fruit

uh
>>
>>40415572

>Sodium cyclamate
all artificial sweeteners have either had at least 1 study showing physical or mental health risks, or there is ongoing work with mounting evidence

The biggest nail in the coffin will be current research into the endocannaboid reactions in the brain and their effect in the gut vi the vagus nerve. Endocannaboid research at little as 5 years ago was thought to be the key to new painkillers, but what it will teach us is that "sweet" sensations have a fast track to the gut and that what we now call broscience is hard fact.

Expect some crazy shit about diabetes, the corn industry , and the like in the near future.

On a more practical note, cinnamon can help. Also, learn to drink unsweetened hot tea or black coffee
>>
>>40415616

It can be, and recent research will help prove this. It's not like herion addiction, but it sets up a reward /feedback loop that has a physical effect
>>
>>40415653
Curbing sugar addiction doesn't mean you have to stop eating all sugar.
>>
>>40415561
replace sugar in coffee with coconut oil. full of MCTs. replace sweets with fruit (yes full of fructose but better than white sugar). good luck.
>>
https://youtu.be/_J09aeeBVtk
>>
>>40415570
this
>>
>>40415561
I was desperately addicted to sugar, but I went a year without eating anything sweet, and now it's pretty much a non-issue.
>>
>>40415561
Basically this >>40415576

But different people do it differently, some wean off, some go cold turkey on any obvious sweets, some cut out sugar in their diet but keep fruit, then cut back on that. Some use artificial sweeteners in moderation.

The best way is to do it in the way it's most successful for you. What you can handle and stick to.
>>
>>40415771
No shit but the question is how
>>
>>40416375

willpower
just the same thing that lets a person squat 405 and up
>>
>>40415561
Realizing what you have to gain by mastering your sugar addiction and/or what you have to lose by not doing so.
>>
>>40415561
Stop eating it.

It might take a week or so, but once you kick the habit, you won't miss it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.