[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lanklet Squat Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: sqa.jpg (8KB, 310x163px) Image search: [Google]
sqa.jpg
8KB, 310x163px
Hey all you lanklets, just starting this thread to get some pointers and advice on good squat form for people with long femurs.

I was watching candito's squat video, and his advice tends to be the opposite of what most people tell me. Most people tell me to start the descent by bending my hips first, but candito says to break at the knees first before backing my ass up.

Overall, I tend to get a lot of butt wink and sometimes, I lean forward too much during my descent. My femur is literally as long as my torso.

What do?
>>
Just keep squatting and pulling your torso up. Stretch glutes and inner thighs.

Im 6'4'', long ass femurs but slowly im getting there, I can do a perfect squat with a medium-wide stance. Going for narrow

Started from shit 3 months ago.
>>
>>40413909
24 inch memeurs reporting

if possible, squat with a lot of adduction (if you can do this without ow my hip! depends on your hip geometry)

if not, just accept that you will be bent the fuck over every rep and your back will fatigue far before your quads feel like they've gotten out of bed

you will not be able to get sufficient quad work from squatting alone due to your build, so you would do well to throw in some direct quad work that does not have your back as a limiting factor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvHOdbFAoL8&t=948s
watch this video, Layne Norton is also a long femured guy and he has some good specific advice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrwiddA_8CQ
Max Aita - says he was able to get enough quad work only from squatting, but that guys not as favorably built for it need to include other quad work

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/squat-versus-leg-press-for-big-legs.html/
>>
>>40414120
Hey thanks for the input, so when you go for a medium-wide stance, do you also point your toes outwards?

And during your descent, do you bend your knees or your hips first?
>>
>>40414147
Thanks for the videos anon, however, I'm at work right now and can't watch. Will look later though.
>>
File: 20170217_235612.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170217_235612.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>40414173
knees start first, hips just behind.

This is a stable position for me.. just
>>
6'7/201cm fag here, just hit 140kg Highbar on wednesday.

best tips I can give is to stretch, get some weightlifting shoes and really focus on staying as tight as possible.

as far as stance goes that really depends on what you prefer, I have long legs but I don't have a very wide stance (just wider than shoulder width)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7tEHITB8gA

current form video not perfect lack of tightness and weird video angle but it's pretty good
>>
>>40413909
work on ankle mobility every single session. Squat down (don't worry about your back, slav squat. You're not putting anything on your back for this stretch) and put the barbell on you knees, pressing down as necessary until you feel a stretch in your ankles. If necessary put some weight on the barbell. This allows you to bring your knees forward a lil bit which keeps your hips further forward and over your feet which keeps your back from rounding down

t. 6'2
>>
>>40414234
Wow, that's good form bro! No butt wink whatsoever. Do you point your toes out AND have a wide stance? I can't really tell.
>>
>>40414220
This is what I needed someone to confirm. Knees first, gotcha! Thanks anon.

>>40414251
Is it normal for the front of my shins to feel like they're getting worked out when I'm doing dorsiflexion for ankle mobility? I've been 3rd world squatting a lot and doing ankle mobility stretches.
>>
>>40414345
>Is it normal for the front of my shins to feel like they're getting worked out when I'm doing dorsiflexion for ankle mobility
i think so. That happens to me, anyway. As long as it isn't hurting it's nothing to worry about. Keep up the ankle mobility stuff
>>
>>40414234
what inseam pants do you wear?
>>
>>40414323
Just past shoulder width and ye I point them out about 2o'clock (if straight forward is 12)
>>
>>40414364
Don't have any tailor pants so im not really sure I just wear sweats/leggings desu.
>>
do whatever lets you maintain consistent back angle while keeping the bar over the middle of your foot

retards will tell you there's some ideal perfect stance when in reality it changes depending on proportions
>>
>>40414449
Well what I was mainly asking wasn't about stance. It was more about whether I should bend my hips or knees first during my descent with a high bar squat.

I asked because there seem to be a lot of conflicting opinions on this matter.

Most people tell me to bend my hips (back that ass up ) before i bend my knees, but when I watch youtube videos, they usually say to bend the knees first for tall people.

However, I do agree with your statement on proportions! Thanks anon.
>>
>>40414234
I honestly can't tell if you're a guy or a girl. Are you a girl? How does being 6'7" effect your approach rates from guys.

Good squats tho regardless of gender. Soz if you're a guy it's hard to tell in the video
>>
>>40414543
male just have long hair and hard to tell from that angle
>>
its all about ankle mobility to help you stay proper upright during the squat. until i noticed where the problem was i fucked up my lower back so now im squatting in the smith machine. also im too lazy to put in all the extra work (warming up and stretching before, stretching after, foamrolling my calves everyday) just so i can free squat when i get good results from the smith machine.

some (tall) people are just not made for squatting and if you cant keep good form with heigh weights that puts a lot a lot of stress on your lower back which is something you really dont want.
if you have the motivation to work on your mobility then do it, but be careful as you progress to heigher weights because its easy to cheat as you get into heavy weights. a wide stance helps me to stay more upright, as does elevated heels (lifting shoes or put some weights under your heels -> but dont get unstable).
if you dont have the motivation, dont force it. do it safely in the smith machine or just do something else, your legs will grow just as well.
>>
>>40414631
U r a cute boy but dose legs from behind man...

I'm 6'4" and it does wonders with women. Is 6'7" even better or is that height past peak attractiveness and is too tall?
>>
File: IMAG0480.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0480.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>40414664
already have a gf no need for others but i do get stared at constantly by women and men.

legs actually look pretty big irl desu (quite high bf%)
>>
>>40413909
In my experience there are two causes for buttwink. One is losing tightness at the bottom to try to increase ROM. The second is hyperextending the spine during the descent.

Since you are concerned about excessive forward lean, it's probably the second. The best fix for this is to do a squat, but during the concentric you keep your torso angle constant all the way to the top. This torso angle is now your target torso angle.

Pay attention to your knees during the squat. When you are descending your knee will reach it's end position fairly quickly and will stay in that location until you are near lockout (they will move a bit forward when get below parallel).

Initiate the squat by bending your knees. You should aim to reach your knee position and back angle as quickly as you can. Then just focus on staying in that position until you are about to reach lockout.

Some lifters embrace the forward lean (Kimberly Walford and Kevin Bui/Booey) some use increased external rotation and ankle mobility to reduce it (krzysztof wierzbicki).

A few notes:
Lowbar is definitely the way to go. Planking before squats with an emphasis on squeezing the glutes can help you to not hyperextend.
None of this is from personal experience, just from studying biomechanics and helping friends. I went into the thread because I thought it was for tall people, but I am 6'5 non-lanklet with short femurs.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.