[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Smoking to lose weight?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: serveimage.jpg (899KB, 2835x2126px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
899KB, 2835x2126px
So im having tough time dealing with hunger. Im hungry all the time and i feel like a starving African child with aids. I've heard that smoking cigs suppresses your appetite, has anyone in /fit/ started smoking to reduce your hunger pains? Did it work?
>>
>>40413792

>fit
>smoking

No Anon just no......
>>
Eat more fiber and protein
>>
>>40413792
Picked up smoking while I was in the military, and it is true that it suppresses your appetite. It becomes relatively easy to become skinny and to lose weight, however Anon, it's not worth it.

First, it's harder to quit smoking than it is to cut. Second, it makes you smell like shit and makes your cum taste disgusting (girls don't like this). Third, it constricts your blood vessels causing your workouts to get worse and your dick to get smaller. Fourth, it's terrible for your lungs and heart. Fifth, it's a pretty expensive habit.

If hunger pangs are really bothering me I eat broccoli, lettuce, cauliflower or some other veggie that is really low in the calorie/volume ratio until I'm full. Doesn't stop cravings but at least the hunger pangs will stop.
>>
File: 1487225727481.jpg (56KB, 720x644px) Image search: [Google]
1487225727481.jpg
56KB, 720x644px
>have trouble with willpower
>surely this addictive drug will solve my problems
>>
File: 1485901579059.jpg (45KB, 480x475px) Image search: [Google]
1485901579059.jpg
45KB, 480x475px
I'm currently doing it on my cut, smoke pipe tobacco every once and a while when I feel like pigging out.
>>
>>40413987
>drug

>>40413792
Smoking doesn't suppress my appetite. Loads of caffeine does.
>>
>>40414821
>implying cigarettes aren't drugs
>>
For your consideration:
>https://www.gwern.net/Nicotine

Nicotine is a powerful cognitive enhancer, delivered via a harm minimised method such as a dermal patch or through a vaporiser (not recommended) it can be exceptionally useful. Do not smoke, it's entirely not worth it. Every time you buy tobacco, you're literally paying money to kill yourself slowly and painfully.

Secondly:
>"The effects of caffeine, nicotine, ethanol, and tetrahydrocannabinol on exercise performance"
>https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3878772/

Have a read of this, it's worth the time.
>>
>>40413792
Honestly, the cold hard truth is that you will lose weight by smoking.

I was a fucking skeleton when I smoked. 125lbs at 5'10".

The hitch is that if/when you quit you will put on weight like crazy. So I would only smoke if you plan to keep up the habit long term.

Obviously, smoking is bad for you long term so I don't think anyone would recommend it.
>>
>>40414861

Also, if you want hunger suppression. I would suggest something like (Ar)Modafinil or Ritalin/Dextro coupled with drinking a lot of water and munching on healthy greens as otherwise suggested.

The feeling of satiety can be (and has been anecdotally) achieved with a higher fat and protein diet I believe, if you're hungry however you should eat. But, there is a difference between being hungry for fuel and being hungry out of boredom or otherwise. I am not as knowledgeable on that topic. Perhaps someone else will weigh in on it for you.
>>
>>40413792
Drink coffee.

works for me
>>
Been doing 2-3 a day, makes getting through a hard day a lot easier if timed properly. Productivity has shot up too. Will be switching to vape in a few weeks
>>
File: SMOK-VAPE-PEN-224.png (73KB, 454x441px) Image search: [Google]
SMOK-VAPE-PEN-224.png
73KB, 454x441px
>Suppress hunger, so much so that even practices like occasional fasting can be pretty easy
>Enjoy sweet flavors whenever you want with 0 calories, less craving sugary crap just to get the taste
>Calming/focusing effect, long American history of brilliant people smoking at desks and drawing boards
>More control of dose, can dose *WAY* below the amount of nicotine in cigs/patches/gum and still enjoy all of the upsides. Also means less downside like intense dependence, if you quit later your body's not used to having a fuckton
>The industry has progressed enough that there are cheap pen models like pic related that are still good/really pleasant to use
>Have excuse to hang out with smokers if you feel like it at bars and shit and get in on smoker night-life stories

People who get really into vaping may be super gay, but it's still really legit.
>>
>>40413792
buy a juul

/thread
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.