[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Food/Meals thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 12

File: mp_3.jpg (354KB, 1078x1600px)
mp_3.jpg
354KB, 1078x1600px
What are you eating /fit/?

My golden rules for meal prep-

>1 Grain, 1 Meat, 2 Veg
>For longer than 1 weeks worth of meals, don't bother cooking veg. Cook grain & meat then freeze them. While you defrost, Steam your fresh veg in 5-10 minutes.
>Add more herbs and spices
>Soups are god tier for cutting
>>
File: mp_2.jpg (338KB, 930x1600px)
mp_2.jpg
338KB, 930x1600px
Example

>6-7 Carrots
>1 Head Celery
>2 Onions
>Few bulbs of garlic
>Salt & Pepper

>1kg Jasmine Rice
>250g Red Lentils
>Star Anese & Bay Leaves to taste

>1 Whole Roast Chicken
>300g Lamb Shoulder in same roasting tin

Takes 30 minutes for the veg, rice and lentils and 3-4 hours of unattended oven time for the meat.
>>
File: mp_1.jpg (271KB, 1600x871px)
mp_1.jpg
271KB, 1600x871px
Bonus tips:

Whatever meats you use, pour the oil/fat out of the roasting tin into your grain after it's cooking for lots of extra flavour.

If you're cutting, use the flavourful water from your veg instead. Alternatively, use it for something like noodle broth or soups. Pic related: bonus chicken bone broth and tons of animal-fat onion gravy

Total cost of these 7 meals and broths was about £6.90, so less than a quid a meal.
>>
Whats generally the best bang for buck types of vegetables and fruits.

Bananas are a must.

Also carrots, onions, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach.

Although there is a really great cheap produce store a block away so I have great access to fruits and vegetables.
>>
Also OP these meals look delicious.
>>
Doesnt like the last meal you take tastes like pure diarrhea once you microwave it?
>>
Are frozen veggies bad in terms of nutrition? I cant be fucked to go to the store to buy new veggies every few days. Its too out of the way.
>>
>>40414372
theyre not as good but theyre not awful either, just dont boil them.
>>
File: bCdXgmn.png (2MB, 2372x2322px) Image search: [Google]
bCdXgmn.png
2MB, 2372x2322px
>>40414288
Veg in general are great bang for your buck. Particularly green leafies for nutrition, anything with trees (cauliflower, broccoli, etc) for fibre and satiation and any legumes.

Anything that's in season is cheaper and has added nutrition.

>>40414296
Cheers. I like this technique because I literally pick one or two of a few grains:

>Couscous
>Quinoa
>Lentils
>Rice
>Barley
>etc

and pick a big joint of meat or two:

>Turkey Drumsticks or Thighs
>Whole Chicken
>Half a Salmon
>Lamb leg
>Pork butt
>etc

and cook around 1.5kg of both. It couldn't be simpler and it takes me maybe 10 minutes on each end of cooking, and always tastes good.

>>40414313
Anything tastes worse when you microwave it, but I tend to slow roast meat and steam veg so it's super tender, and the rice is fluffy. That way reheating it doesn't affect it nearly as much.

>>40414372
Some veg lose nutrition faster when frozen, others really benefit from it like peas, sweetcorn, green beans and the likes. They're actually better frozen because they retain more of the vitamins and minerals.

I buy 5-6kg of grains every 3 months and stick it in the cupboard. I buy 5kg of meat every month and freeze it. That means all I need to do is buy fresh veg every week and I'm golden.
>>
>>40414372
In most cases they're the same or better than their fresh equivalents from the supermarket. They're frozen very soon after they are pulled from the ground, so some of the vitamins and minerals that are lost normally from sitting around on supermarket shelves for a few days are still present in frozen veg.
Fresh from a local farmer's market or somewhere you can know for sure that they were picked that day is better than both though. Frozen is still somewhat processed and you'll lose some of the nutrients from the heating process
>>
can u give advice for a bulking recipe?
>>
Anyone have a good lunch recipe that doesn't have chicken?
>>
I freeze a weeks worth of chicken and my grandma cooks me rice/veggys fresh every day :)
>>
File: fO20OK2.jpg (405KB, 2165x1294px) Image search: [Google]
fO20OK2.jpg
405KB, 2165x1294px
>>40414614
I relied on Tortillas for lunch for a while while bulking.

>1 tin of your fav beans
>1kg turkey/pork of choice- slow roast so it falls apart
>Spinach
>Bell pepper
>Corn
>1kg greek yogurt + 2-3 tablespoons of dijon mustard = best sauce

Tons of protein and nutrition, not much fat. Make as many wraps as you need and freeze if you have excess.

My other one was

>6x 160g tins of tuna
>500g spinach
>500g bean sprouts
>Flax or sunflower seeds for added nutrition and fibre
>Lemon and yogurt or lemon and cottage cheese as sauce to keep it moist

Pour sauce on the tuna and veg then wrap in spinach leafs and the tortilla. Wrap as many as you want and freeze any excess.
>>
any advice on what to eat for brap gains?
>>
File: TqQUb3S.png (571KB, 613x1362px) Image search: [Google]
TqQUb3S.png
571KB, 613x1362px
Also these are pretty well known around here but they're so easy to adapt

Sardines are cheap world wide, and sild/sprats/pilchards etc all taste fantastic when you add them to the blender in this recipe. I hated sardines and small fish until I used them in this, now I can't get enough of them and they're all ridiculously good nutritionally and cheap as dirt.
>>
File: B-SS-salmon supper 019.jpg (2MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
B-SS-salmon supper 019.jpg
2MB, 1600x1200px
>>40414478

Looks good, OP.
I've had a giant hen just sitting around in my freezer, and Ive been thinking of doing something like this for a while.

How do you calculate the macros for the meat?
Like, do you just use the macros for skinless breast and then record the values based on the weight of each serving?
Or do you go by which part of the bird you used? Thigh meat has higher calories and and fat content than breast.

If youre bulking, just ignore this question lol
>>
>>40413785
>>40414478

Certainly beats what I eat for lunch (rye-crispbread and carrots with peanut butter) lol.
>>
File: uVSKvRl.jpg (422KB, 1456x2403px) Image search: [Google]
uVSKvRl.jpg
422KB, 1456x2403px
>>40414787
>How do you calculate the macros for the meat?
I tend to use google who can give you fairly accurate calories after you remove the bone(s)

Google told me half a roast chicken has 1,070 calories and weighs 480g so I work with that vs the weight of my cooked chicken for example

Meal prep makes it so easy that I don't usually have to be strict about calorie counting though

>Thigh meat has higher calories and and fat content than breast.
That's almost entirely because of the skin. I pull apart my chicken and whichever other meats I've cooked before sticking them in containers, so it's all the same for me. Plus I just average the total cals anyway.
>>
File: first bowl of the day 012.jpg (818KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
first bowl of the day 012.jpg
818KB, 1600x1200px
>>40414931
Nice, I've been pulling most of my info from the usda database and that seems to be what Google uses for its source.

Looks like im defrosting bird, now. And possibly get rid of all the old dry beans ive managed to accumulate.
Thanks!
>>
>>40413785
>>40413805
> Large veg, medium protein, small sides
Disgusting.

Patrician distribution of choice is obviously
> Large protein, medium sides, small veg

Fight me
>>
>>40415050
>he doesn't pad out his meals with vegetables

let me guess, you're a """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""powerlifter"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
File: mp_pizza.jpg (343KB, 1356x1400px) Image search: [Google]
mp_pizza.jpg
343KB, 1356x1400px
>>40415050
> Large veg, medium protein, small sides
It's 150g chicken with lamb shoulder, 130g of lazy chopped Mirepoix and 100g of Jasmine rice and lentils.

Also veg should always be most of what you eat and I don't buy this fitness more than 2g of protein per kg bodyweight meme. 1.5g per kg of bodyweight is plenty for me,probably too much. Veg should always be most of what you eat.

Fite me irl
>>
>>40413846
Good God that barely gets you 350g of foreign chicken in Switzerland
>>
File: fu4YY4i.jpg (459KB, 1893x1347px) Image search: [Google]
fu4YY4i.jpg
459KB, 1893x1347px
>>40415142
Chicken is about £2/kg here. Salmon is £6/kg and Beef is somewhere around £4/kg

Scotland is god tier for food, even if the chicken is factory farmed and full of estrogen
>>
I live with my mom in a gated community with an HOA to make the third reich blush. We can get fined and evicted (despite owning our home) if we're found with a grill.

How can I cook meats and such in a healthy manner without a grill?
>>
>>40415315
put it on a rack and bake it. fat will melt down off of it just like a grill.
>>
>>40415315
do you not have an oven? or a pan?
>>
>>40413846
>pour oil/fat out of the roasting tin into your grain

This shit is absolutely god tier right here. Rice soaks this stuff up like no other
>>
Cycle 1 - Chicken, Rice, Veggies
- 3lbs chicken, 1.5 cups rice, 500g California Blend, 1 Green Pepper
Cycle 2 - Red Sauce Pasta
- 3lbs chicken, 400g vegetable pasta, 500g Broccoli Stir-Fry, 1 jar Garden Vegetable Red Sauce, Half Onion, 1 Green Pepper
Cycle 3 - Fart Inducing Pasta
- 3lbs chicken, 400g vegetable pasta, 500g California Blend, 1 jar Sun-dried Tomato Alfredo Sauce

These each usually last me around 3 days. Any recommendations on a new meal to throw in there? Looking to add some beef
>>
>>40416799
Same poster, no I don't count calories or macros or any of that shit. I'll start when I see my gains diminishing
>>
Burrito with no meat
>>
File: IMG_20160923_184434.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160923_184434.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
This is what I eat in a training day. On my off day I eat noodles with a broccoli zuccini and cream sauce.

This whole food thing is the hardest part for me, but I am slowly making progress in this departement.
>>
>>40413785
mmm that looks way better than the chicken breast preps i always see
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.