[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Squats - Shorter leg

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: memes.gif (16KB, 106x288px) Image search: [Google]
memes.gif
16KB, 106x288px
I have a shorter leg. I already use the biggest possible plate inside my shoe but it's not enough for squatting.
The smallest plate(2,5kg - 5lb) available is too thick.
What else can I use? Taking a small wood plate from home is the only solution?
>>
>>40413134
I think I have should used the picture of a hot girl. Fuck.
>>
>>40413134
i think that probably is your best option. i assume you mean youre putting the plates under your bum leg to supplement the length right?
>>
>>40413220
Yes. The difference is only in the femur actually, I was thinking about putting it under the heel to short the distance between both endings of the limiting group, the hamstring.
>>
>>40413279
that seems reasonable. i would honestly talk to my doc and see what (s)he has to say, and then ignore it if they told me not to squat and just put something under my foot. that said it would have to be like, the EXACT height needed to even you out
>>
>>40413299
I did. He recommends squats and suggested the plate inside the shoe. I really was expecting a suggestion that involves something that can be easily found in a gym.
>>
>>40413350
do you not have the babby 2.5 pound plates in your gym? because if so one of those could work. how big is the gap?
>>
>>40413134
I believe Klokov also has a shorter leg, so he offsets/staggers his feet slightly to compensate for this.
>>
>>40413413
>klokov isnt a perfect human specimen
i feel like ive been lied to
>>
>>40413371
No. The lighter one is 5 lb.
I believe it's about 2,5 cm, 1 inch.
I already use a plate of about 1 cm inside the shoe, but since the difference is only on the femur one hamstring is still much shorter than the other.

>>40413413
I thought about that, wouldn't the bar tend to go above mid-foot anyways?
>>
>>40413437
damn the 2.5 pounders are about an inch in my gym, i really think one of them would have worked sadly.
>>
>>40413134
I had a slight issue like this for a while. Would really affect my long distance running. Ankle would get sore after a few miles. Went to the PT and told her I need to get a hip readjustment. Worked wonders and felt amazing afterwards
>>
File: IMG_0249.jpg (123KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0249.jpg
123KB, 768x1024px
>>40413134
I have the same problem OP

Right leg is an inch+ shorter than my left. I don't lift weights only calisthenics so keep that in mind. I try to train legs seperately, lunges, pistol squats, etc.

I sometimes do 2 legged exercises too though with a little bit of added weight (hold dumbbell or plate). I'll either step on something with my shorter leg, be it a pile of clothes on the floor, wearing one of my thick sole sandals, or a barbell plate just to even my hips out a bit OR I just won't do the full range of motion. I believe most of the length discrepancy in my legs are in my femurs just like you. So the length discrepancy isn't noticeable until I start to go ABOVE parallel. The higher you go the more apparent it is. Just find something to step on with your shorter leg anon. Your feet are stationary so there is no reason why you would have to put something into your shoe. Maybe in running but not squatting.
>>
>>40413134
If putting a plate under your foot isn't an option, try going to your local shoe repair shop, and ask about lifting the shoes you work out in. A lift in the heel is ok, but will be putting a lot of stress on the arch of your foot, so lifting the whole shoe is more desirable.

If that turns out to be too expensive, cut up and glue some bits of dense rubber to the appropriate thickness at home, and bring it to the gym with you.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.