[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

*blocks your arteries*

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: butter_vfuyia.jpg (575KB, 1795x1123px) Image search: [Google]
butter_vfuyia.jpg
575KB, 1795x1123px
*blocks your arteries*
>>
>>40411271
Lubricates arteries allowing blood to flow better
>>
>>40411311

Sadly the more accurate way to look at it. They're both wrong, but this is at least wrong in the right direction.
>>
>>40411271
Butter is great for you if you don't go overboard with it.
>>
>>40411859
just like smoking
>>
>>40411859
my grandma is 91 and she eats butter all the time

she had a stroke last week and survived too

however shes not a pig like 90% of fit
>>
File: red death.jpg (43KB, 348x246px) Image search: [Google]
red death.jpg
43KB, 348x246px
*Acidifies your organism*
>>
man all fucking food in excess will just kill you.

who cares anymore

eat what you want as long as it's not too much so you don't get fat

eat what you can to get gains

fuck you fags
>>
File: infosite-soy-2-fb.jpg (55KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
infosite-soy-2-fb.jpg
55KB, 1200x630px
>>40411271
*shrinks your balls*
>>
>>40412451
That's not how estrogen affects your body.
>>
>>40411761

No it's not
>>
i can't believe it's 2017 and you fat morons still think consuming fat correlates to fat on your body or in your arteries. clogged arteries are caused by too much sugar. i'll bet you dipshits think eating cholesterol is bad too
>>
>>40413384

>that guy who gets his nutrition knowledge from magazine headlines
>>
>>40413474
from the 60s no less
>>
>>40413384

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/blogs/eat-run/articles/2016-09-12/the-truth-about-saturated-fat

>The very science most often invoked to argue the case for more saturated fat actually shows it to be almost exactly on par with sugar.
>>
>>40413833
https://therussells.crossfit.com/2016/09/26/david-katz-junk-foods-slyest-defender/

nice try sugarman
>>
>>40413912

>he's a SNEAKY sugar shill because he tells us NOT to eat sugar
>>
>>40413939
by comparing sugar to sat fat, it implies sugar isn't nearly as bad as it is
>>
>>40411271
It's just milk and salt.
>>
>>40413963

He doesn't do that, the articles people cite to say saturated fats aren't bad do that.
>>
>>40413980
???

he just did that you moron

also why would I compare saturated fats with sugar? i'm a saturated fat shill, sugarpleb
>>
Vegans get most things on nutrition right. If everyone went on a nutrient-complete high-carb low-fat vegan diet for a few months it would teach them so much that they could incorporate into a regular animal product containing diet.
>>
>>40413384
You can biopsy your body fat and find the dietary source it originated from. What the fuck does that tell you. Honestly. Anyone with half a brain should be able to figure out what the fuck it means.
>>
>>40414061
Nigger they can analyse your bones and tell you where your food was grown
>>
>*blocks your arteries*
>"heh... nothin personnel kid"
>*teleports inside you*
>>
>>40414017

All he does in that article is point out what studies say, particularly the studies that have been used to say saturated fats aren't harmful.

This study from Harvard look at that directly

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26429077

>PUFAs, and/or high-quality carbohydrates can be used to replace saturated fats to reduce CHD risk.
>Replacing saturated fats with carbohydrates from refined starches/added sugars was not significantly associated with CHD risk

This was also said by one of the authors of the 2010 saturated fat meta-analysis that jump-started the pro-fat fad

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/press-releases/butter-is-not-back-limiting-saturated-fat-still-best-for-heart-health/

>“Our research does not exonerate saturated fat,” said Hu. “In terms of heart disease risk, saturated fat and refined carbohydrates appear to be similarly unhealthful.”
>>
File: 1481939189995.jpg (75KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1481939189995.jpg
75KB, 720x960px
>>40414092
Pro-fat isn't a fad.
>>
>>40414148

This state of saturated fat denial we're in is a fad. I mean I hope it is-- imagine these people holding science back for another 10, 20+ years.
>>
>>40414155

Pro-fat =/= saturated fat denial
>>
>>40414199

When I say pro-fat, I don't mean anyone who isn't strictly against all dietary fat. I mean the current high-fat, low carb diet movement where one of the main principles is that saturated fats aren't unhealthy. The kind of person who would come into a thread like this and start defending butter, with their argument being "sugar is bad, therefore everything else isn't"
>>
>>40414252
Oh jeez. I'm not a high-fat low-carb moron. I'm just vehemently anti-sugar.
>>
>>40414275
reasonable amount of sugar from fruits a day is alright though, like a couple of oranges or a kiwi, especially around times of protein synthesis. Helps prevent blood aminos from being metabolized into glucose and lets the protein do it's thing.
>>
File: Ray-Peat[1].jpg (9KB, 160x208px) Image search: [Google]
Ray-Peat[1].jpg
9KB, 160x208px
>>40411271
"No!"
>>
>2017
>still falling for sugar, grain and industrial seed oil propaganda

Redpill yourself already

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sNqnAZTy4w
>>
>>40414754
Wish I knew how to read those charts.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.