[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/owg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

why does no one talk about oly lifting on /fit/ no more?

i just got into it and it died...
>>
>>40407512
everyone posts in the wechat groups now
>>
>>40407528
link?
>>
>>40407512
That's because Oly lifting requires athleticism. Few people here have that. It's all DYELs and fatass powerlifters.
>>
>>40407512
Are there any decent strength/Oly hybrid programs?
I tend to see programs that are one or the other
>>
Because /plg/ won
>>
>>40408019
Also this
>>
>>40408019
SS has power cleans as main exercise and snatch as accessory.
>>
>>40408098
What about for an intermediate lifter?
>>
>>40408101
I am wrong person to ask it then.
t. dyel
>>
>>40408019

Not really. There's some supertotal programs floating around out there but they tend to be very basic templates rather than fully done up.

Basic problem is that oly requires a lot of work to be any good at and has kinda shitty carryover to general strength for the work involved, so it's not the most effective combination. Either you care enough about oly and so need to focus on it or you don't and its a timesink taking away from everything else.
>>
>>40407512
Because oly lifters are DYELs
>>
>>40408101
There are version of the Texas method for oly lifting
>>
oly lifting is far superior to powerlifting. the only reason why most people don't like it is because of its technicality. picking up and learning powerlifting is a breeze compared to it
>>
File: juliapreggosquats.webm (1MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
juliapreggosquats.webm
1MB, 640x640px
you will never get oly qt pregnant with your strong kids ;((
>>
File: julia.webm (914KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
julia.webm
914KB, 640x360px
>>40408869
>>
Because oly lifting is a sport and not really understood by most people. Most people here are insecure and lift to get bigger and stronger, seeing all other sports a waste of time because they don't make you big and strong (unless you lift at the same time).

Oly belongs to /sports/ where people actually care about being athletic instead of having muh muscles
>>
Because it's hard and it requires coaching and careful planning. Most people on this board are "recreational athletes" and lift because of looks and/or health. Some want to become powerlifters, but powerlifting is much easier to do on your own.

I've been lifting for two years but started olympic lifting in November. I don't train regularly anymore, most of my time goes to training snatches and cleans with front squats. I train six days a week most weeks unless I'm working. Most sets are 2x3 or 2x2 on 80% or more. The people I train with are stong as fuck but they don't look like it. Most elite tier olympic weightlifters don't look pretty good, unless they've actually focused on some hypertrophy on the side, but most coaches will tell you that it's a waste of time and it literally is.
>>
>>40407512

Because you got into it. So it died
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.