[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Percent of Bodybuilders and Powerlifters with eating disorders..

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: e.jpg (122KB, 575x474px) Image search: [Google]
e.jpg
122KB, 575x474px
Is it 100%? The sick relationship with food they have must linger with them their entire lives.
>>
>>40404794
why are you here
>>
>>40404794
>being knowledgeable about food makes you have a disorder because the vast majority of people are fucking stupid when it comes to food
>>
>>40404816

Far away in the magical realm of America, three thousand years past since the golden emperor was dethroned, there exist rare and exotic books detailing the twisted and bizarre, hidden knowledge passed down in secret from practitioner to practitioner since long before the coming of the Sickest One who changed the world forever with the application of such forbidden knowledge. Existing within these tomes of forbidden knowledge are queer and disordered sciences of Macro Nutrients and Metabolic rate. They say those who read the information within these books of power have their minds permanently altered, and gain an unholy and deep knowledge edible material, therefore as long as anyone can remember these books have been hunted and burned, and now remain in unknown places, worshiped and read to this day by cults of beef eaters.

t. AD5017 nu-american citizen
>>
>>40404794
After I started getting /fit/ and fixed up my diet, I realized how shitty I used to eat, and how much I ate was disgusting. Now it's easy for me to eat at maintenance, and keep it clean. I used to live to eat, now I only have to eat to live- I can enjoy my life without feeling like shit.

So yeah, my relationship with food changed for the better.
>>
>>40404794
this picture makes me want to throw up thinking of how sweet and greasy it must be
>>
IT'S MOTHERFUCKING SHAKE TIME

GODDAMMIT
>>
>>40405660
5 SCOOPS
>>
It's high but not 100%. I had concerns about developing disordered eating patterns when I started to compete, but I'm pretty good about just watching my portions and still allowing myself a treat in the off season without pigging the fuck out with a "cheat meal".
I have a pretty regularly scheduled life anyway though, with work, training, and a couple of other regularly scheduled hobbies, and other regular responsibilities I have to fulfill, so I find the prep diet is even a pretty easy adjustment without it being "on my mind" all the time.
>>
>>40404794

Started working out last June. Didn't count calories or macros, just cut out fast food and sodas while lifting weights and riding my bicycle.

Hit a plateau in my weight loss, so I downloaded My Fitness Pal and started counting cals and macs in December. Hasn't been too hard to eat clean and is now a healthy passion.

I'll still enjoy some mexican food or pizza here and there, but I portion it and make sure not to go over my calorie count and always hit my macros.
>>
The definition of "eating disorder" is not based in some physical or mathematical constants. It's built based on the norm. Even if the rate was 100%, it wouldn't be a substantive statement. My point is that proper calculation of ones intake and subsequent eating based around a plan is somehow considered a disorder, when it really should be the norm if people's health is something we want to persue.
>>
>>40404816

>knowledgeable about food

Lurk this board some more. Bodybuilders are gullible as fuck and very often have a terrible understanding of nutrition that doesn't go much beyond "food has vitamins" and some broscience about macros that they read on T-nation.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.