[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I work out when I'm sick?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: tbarrow.jpg (46KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
tbarrow.jpg
46KB, 500x750px
Should I work out when I'm sick?
>>
No. You will only lengthen the duration of your illness and, given that your body is already mobilizing is resources to fight the microbes invading your body, your recovery from exercise (i.e. where you actually mane your 'gains') will suffer to boot.
>>
>>40404759
If there's one thing I learned from Mr. Plitt there, it's the danger of overtraining.
>>
>>40404791
Even low intensity? I'm thinking of going on a treadmill so that I'm not sedentary all day with my bulk
>>
What the exercise in OPs pic called? I see people inserting the barbell into the cage side and push the barbell or pulling it.

Should I incorporate this work out into my routine?
>>
>>40404843
It's the Austrian Row, and yes, you should
>>
You know who you don't see work out when they are sick?

Dead people.

Should be fine, just reduce intensity by about 20%, and make sure you've got a good spotter in case you pass out.
>>
>>40404759
Stay out of my gym fucking plaguefags!
>>
>>40404759
don't go work out in a gym, to likely to spread germs and what >>40404791 said. however, it can feel nice to do some light cardio just to get your blood flowing for a bit. nothing crazy, just get moving
>>
>>40404827
You should do low intensity depending on the sickness if it's really bad don't but if it's just a cold then it can actually help you get over it but stay under 50% effort
>>
>>40404856
This is a Tbar row an Australian row is just bench press
>>
Depends on how sick and in what way.
If I have a cold that's keeping me down, I rest, because it's the best way to recover.
If I just don't feel my best because of some more minor illness I go in, usually do cardio, sit in the sauna and then go home.
>>
>>40404759
Yes, stop being a pussy and push through it. People skipping gym because they are a bit sick will never make it.
Also, I personally don't care about infecting other people, it's their problem.
>>
>>40404759
choo choo all aboard the gains train
>greg plitt
>>
>>40404759
cold? yes, it always makes me feel better and i've had some great workouts sick as a dog

even had a great overhead press session once with a bad case of bronchitis years ago

fever? probably stay home
>>
>>40404759
Depends on the illness.
Fever? No
Slight cold? Yes
>>
Everyone I know who gyms out hardcore is always fucking sick. Wtf I haven't been legit sick in 10+ years.
>>
>>40404759
you can, but you will be sick longer. Better to just rest imo
>>
>>40404759
>Should I work out ______?

Yes.
>>
>>40404759
Coach Blaha covered this topic in one of his videos. I'm so glad he chooses to live in poverty and make informative content all day long instead of working a normal job. He's like, dare I say, a modern day Jesus!

Here's link guys.

https://youtu.be/yFrT4pTOJRY
>>
>>40406118
This, as long as there is no fever the worst thing that will happen if you over do it is make it last a day or two more, just listen to your body.
>>
>>40404815
The only thing I learned from Mr. Plitt is to stay on the track.
>>
>should I work out if I m sick?

Work our UNTIL you are sick, brah
>>
>>40404759
Theres 2 things you just can't out run. The Flu, and the choo choo
>>
>>40404759
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkVz-we1PTA
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.