[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sleep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: No sleep.png (433KB, 554x788px) Image search: [Google]
No sleep.png
433KB, 554x788px
If I don't sleep, how many extra calories will I burn?
>>
sleeping burns calories. and does a lot else too.
>>
>>40397391
Yes, but how many extra calories do I burn by not sleeping? Clearly it takes more energy (calories) to stay awake than to be asleep, so their must be a difference.

I'll settle for an estimate.
>>
When I tried to get on the uberman sleep schedule, I was eating crazy amounts of food. This was before /fit/, so I don't have a reasonable estimate, but your appetite soars. You are correct in that you burn significantly more calories staying awake.

Sorry I can't be more help.
>>
>>40397480
Thanks. On a slightly related question, how long can a human go without sleeping? What are some of the health risks with it? I ask because of a diet plan I have.
>>
>>40397480
this.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/11/161102130724.htm
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23392199

you might get obese by simply not sleeping. You may now think, that you can just power through it by saying you just won't eat anything while staying awake, but the thing with sleep deprivation is that you completely deplete your willpower reservoir just by forcing you to stay awake. You will be a fucking zombie with no will, barely any logic and literally no restraints.
Don't do it man, lack of slepp will fuck you up, like serious health issues
>>
>>40397417
Based on an average sleeping person burn rate vs the same person for 8 hours of light activity. When I say light I mean just sitting with occasional movement, sitting at a desk on a computer for example. I would say you would burn about approximately 75% more calories or about 350.
>>
>>40397498

These might be questions for your doctor.

We had to stay up 48 hrs a couple times in boot camp. Everyone was irritable, tensions were high, and lots of people would go hide in the head to catch a few winks when chief wasn't looking. All in all it sucked ass.

It sounds like you're planning to stay awake for as long as possible while starving yourself to lose a lot of weight very quickly, effectively cheating the whole "diet and exercise" thing. If this is your plan, do not attempt it, you will hurt yourself and possibly gain a net amount of weight when you come off of this.

Just read the sticky. Exercise is really fun once you do it for a couple weeks.

Again, this line of questioning is best answered by your doctor, who is a licensed healthcare professional, and not by autistic weebs who pretend to lift.
>>
>>40397498
You can't die from lack of sleep. Literally nobody ever has.
>>
>>40397612
well you don't die from just staying up once as long as possible; you will just drop at some point.
But chronic sleep deprivation will seriously harm your organs, leading at worst to a severly diminished health for the rest of your life and an early death (if you don't have access to modern medicine, you might actually die pretty quick)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4669910/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4848147/
>>
>>40397658
This.

Sleep deprivation is literally a form of torture.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.