[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice thread, get in here

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

File: Zyzz background.jpg (396KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Zyzz background.jpg
396KB, 2560x1440px
Alright /fit/, I come to you for some help. I've been lifting for almost 5 months, and running about 2 miles a day. I'm finally starting to see real progress. With new found confidence, I want to turn my life around. What other things do I need to work on? Any tips that really helped you? Some examples of things that I heard and am going to try:

>Fix posture
>Increase water intake
>Finally ask that girl out
>Stop drinking sugary beverages
>Sleep on your back

Anything that might be helpful. Zyzz said I could be a sick kunt if I wanted, and I want to. I'm willing to put in the work, I just need someone to show me the way.
>>
Drink your milk right before bed, your body utilizes calcium for bone repair best while sleeping.
>>
>stop drinking sugary memes
Dude, starting right now dont ever fucking drink one again. dont try to moderate HOW much you drink, literally dont touch that shit. drop it cold turkey forever
>>
File: allnrgs.jpg (315KB, 597x757px) Image search: [Google]
allnrgs.jpg
315KB, 597x757px
>>40397368
Are energy shots okay, though?
>>
Get a good pair of training shoes for good form and shit
No shitty 50 dollar walmart specials, some real training shoes
I personally use Nike Metcons,
>>
>>40397326
an important thing to keep in mind is to accept that you are whole and complete.
Realizing this will eliminate a lot of unnecessary fear and anxiety.

Thereafter move onto your desires and wants, and then focus on the "Big goal/End goal"
> why do you want it
> how much are you willing to put in to reach it

At the top of my head, another thing you might want to add into your routine is meditation. It's not some indian voodoo magic and actually has its positive impact on general wellbeing recorded in empirical science

Godspeed and deus vult
>>
File: 1485786891981.jpg (1MB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
1485786891981.jpg
1MB, 1500x844px
>>40397397
>meditation
How do I meditate? What does it do and how?
>>
I've got two tips for you, OP:

I'm really not sure what your goals are, but if zyzz is your inspiration, I'm assuming you want to get laid. Take care of your teeth! Chicks notice this, and its not hard. Brushing religiously, floss, and some listerine go a long way. Bonus: Brush with your non dominant hand to improve coordination.

Second, make sure you properly stretch before and after your workouts, especially running. Athlean-x has some great youtube videos about this. Take care of yourself
>>
>>40397450
This post is not going to warrant all the information (which can be easily sourced from the internet btw) of meditation, am typing on phone in middle of set so I'll just briefly tell you what to expect and not expect
1) expect thoughts, meditation is about "clearing your mind" or "being presently in the present" but you are definitely going to think of the lunch you ate or some other stuff, don't be frustrated and just let the thought come and go
Focus on your breathing, close your eyes
2) expect to have your mind wander or feel restless, relax
3) do not expect meditation to give you super powers, it will however, give you more self-awareness and ability to look at things more objectively (the science behind this is something about your brain neurons connections between the emotional sense and personal sense of being in the brain)
4) it can be done any part of the day, sitting on the train, or waiting for a car
5) 5 minutes is good enough, for a start. When you feel like you've got the time, and you've got the focus to increase the time, do it!

Godspeed! May mental gains and inner strength come to you
>>
>>40397578
Thank you, I'm going to look into it a bit more and give it an honest try.
>>
File: otZjI5s.jpg (481KB, 518x3648px) Image search: [Google]
otZjI5s.jpg
481KB, 518x3648px
>>40397450

Easy day.
>>
>>40397326
>Sleep on your back
???
why, what's the advantage?

>>40397450
i enjoy mindfullness and emptiness meditation (without the spiritual component!!), but read a little bit into different styles and try some, before you settle for one specific thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OboD7JrT0NE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPpUNAFHgxM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgHCwsQ1MqI
>>
>>40397578
>5) 5 minutes is good enough, for a start. When you feel like you've got the time, and you've got the focus to increase the time, do it!

You get into the meditative state in less than 5 minutes?
I need atleast 15 until my monkey brain starts to actually shut up and i can focus/loose my self/completely observe
>>
File: IMG_0442.jpg (96KB, 722x832px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0442.jpg
96KB, 722x832px
I've been cutting now for around a month and a half at 1800
Lifting x3 a week and cardio x2

Should I keep cutting down to a lower bf% or slow bulk till summer now?

Pics related

5ft 10"
74kg
>>
File: IMG_0443.jpg (122KB, 722x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0443.jpg
122KB, 722x1280px
>>40397950
Can I also get a bf estimate?

I wanna cut down till I'm at like 12% and build from there
>>
File: IMG_0444.jpg (92KB, 722x814px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0444.jpg
92KB, 722x814px
>>40397961
>>40397950
Side pic

I was at 1/1.75/3/4 for 1RM at 78kg before I cut
>>
>>40397925
When I was sleeping on my sides, my knees would always drift up, further contributing to my APT. After I started exercises to straighten out, sleeping on my back helped to keep it that way. Also, it's best to get used to it if/when you get a gf.
>>
>>40397578
>>40397864
>>40397925
>mental gains and inner strength

hmm, inner strength sounds nice. Usually, when I want inner strength, I would just get mad and channel that anger. But I guess different strokes for different folks.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.