[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey son, why don't you help your old man start lifting weights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

Hey son, why don't you help your old man start lifting weights too? I bet I can lift more than you!
>>
Where are my tendies?
>>
File: photo.jpg (63KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
63KB, 900x900px
>>40395573
Alright Dad!

...dad?

Where'd you go?
>>
File: 2f7.jpg (94KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
2f7.jpg
94KB, 601x508px
>tfw I saw a 20 year old guy squatting and his 50 year old dad spotting him in the gym the other week

I will never know this feel
>>
File: 1470560942224.gif (985KB, 425x283px) Image search: [Google]
1470560942224.gif
985KB, 425x283px
>>40395595
>50 yr old dad wants to start lifting
>I'm pretty babbymode myself but I've built some strength
>he starts on lower weight than me on everything
>he keeps increasing his weight to match mine every single time even though it ruins his form
>>
>>40395573
my dad is diabetic and ive been trying to get him to go to the gym with me for years. He does the same excuses everyone has. Now he has a pump permanently attached to him that feeds him insulin

My dad's 52 years old /fit and he's showing no signs of changing his lifestyle. I fear he may live to see his grandchildren.

depressing as fuck.
>>
>>40395640
he may not live to see his grandchildren*

fuck me
>>
>dad enters attic where homegym is placed
>"how much is that?"
>"90 kg dad"
>"shut up, can I?"
>"well yea but be careful with your back"
>proceeds to trying to deadlift it, can't get it up
>"holy shit son"

t-thanks dad
>>
File: 1487058824142.jpg (2MB, 918x1254px) Image search: [Google]
1487058824142.jpg
2MB, 918x1254px
Meme from op aside how do i go about on helping my dad by getting him to the gym? He's average weight but the issue lies in his back. Which is fucked from a back injury years ago has Something to do with a disc and (sciatic nerve?). So basically he gets bad pain (says it feels like a knife stabbing him in the back) from carrying about 40 pounds on a good day. Would progressively starting very very small and going from there slowly help ease the pain and give more mobility? This is real important to me i dont want my dad ending up in a wheel chair down the line :(
>>
>>40395664
90kg dead?

so how much cock do you suck?
>>
>>40395666
can't help about your dad but that is a very nice pic and digits
>>
>>40395676
>t. 6 months SS "powerlifter"
>>
>>40395666
he doesnt have to lift heavy to be healthy.

as silly as it is get him on the ddp yoga. it works for old fucks. and have him work cables that put minimum stress on the back.
>>
>dad was a curl bro, told me I need to do dips to get a v taper
>Massively overweight. Maybe 270 @ 5'6"
>Discourages me from cutting because 'you go to the gym to get bigger'
>Doesn't care about squat, deadlift, etc because 'those are for your legs'
>Tells me I'm wrong about calories in/out because he watched a short documentary that told him cutting carbs will make him lose the most weight
>Smoked for 30 years or more, early 50s now

He will not live to see my younger brother's children. I'll be surprised if he makes it to the wedding
>>
>>40395666
Idk how mobile he is but maybe swimming? Yoga +Mobility exercises?

Sometimes people can work around nerve pain with a regimen but other times there's really just nothing you can do. He doesn't have to be
a e s t h e t i c just healthy
>>
>dad was powerlifter from high school up until he was arrested
>completely cut him out of my life 6 years ago before he was released from jail

I don't regret it, but since I started lifting there's always been some lingering thought of lifting with him
>>
>>40395638
Just don't do more than him while he's around, bro.
>>
>>40395676
>>40395690
I remember when I was 15 years old, 182 cm, 72kg and had a squat max >80 and was still able to do 100kg easy
>>
>>40395913
>under 6 feet tall
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.