[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When to skip a day at the gym

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1481835687016s.jpg (7KB, 249x213px) Image search: [Google]
1481835687016s.jpg
7KB, 249x213px
I have an exam at my college tomorrow. Is it acceptable to take an extra rest day from pplxppl to study? Will it fuck up linear muscle progression?
>>
File: CdUWsCKUIAE3N0x.jpg (49KB, 415x577px) Image search: [Google]
CdUWsCKUIAE3N0x.jpg
49KB, 415x577px
>skipping gym instead of exam
>>
>>40391855
This. You can always retake the course, can't retake your life
>>
Yeah it's fine bro, taking only one extra rest day is okay as long as you don't make it a habit. Good luck on your exam.
>>
>>40391752
I don't take rest days from making it.
>>
>>40391855
https://youtu.be/s2XMhGSXtaI?t=146
>>
>>40391752
>8 hours sleep
>most likely no work
>class that day roughly 4 hours lets say
>eating takes roughly 30 min depending on socializing, so well round up 2 hours assuming 3 meals a day and a bit of socialization
>study well say around 6 hours and 2 hours for other classes possible hw
>add that all up we get 8+4+2+6+2=22 hours, leaving 2 hours left to go to the gym
>and this is generous on eating and study time

skipping is for pussies, and youre a pussy if you skip
>>
>>40391977
You forgot
>2hr spending time with qt gf

:^) loser
>>
>>40391977
Thanks, I needed this. Ill be going tonight.
>>
>>40392050
>implying i waste my time with dumb roasties and insulting someone on an asian basket weaving forum
this guy
>>
>>40392077
No problem desu, you just gotta put it all into perspective. Its a full day dont get me wrong, but in the end its up to you and how you use your time.
>>
>>40392050
>gf
lulz
>>
Atrophy starts after like 1-2 weeks. You can safely take an entire week off and the only damage you'll do is to your discipline.
>>
>>40392103
“Imagine there is a bank account that credits your account each morning with $86,400. It carries over no balance from day to day. Every evening the bank deletes whatever part of the balance you failed to used during the day. What would you do? Draw out every cent, of course? Each of us has such a bank, it's name is time. Every morning, it credits you 86,400 seconds. Every night it writes off at a lost, whatever of this you failed to invest to a good purpose. It carries over no balance. It allows no over draft. Each day it opens a new account for you. Each night it burns the remains of the day. If you fail to use the day's deposits, the loss is yours. There is no drawing against "tomorrow". You must live in the present on today's deposits. Invest it so as to get from it the utmost in health, happiness, and health. The clock is running. Make the most of today.”

― Marc Levy, If Only It Were True
>>
>>40391752

Skipping a day will do nothing

Those who say otherwise have been lifting for less than two years
>>
>>40392151
bump desu
>>
File: 9k8328.jpg (168KB, 691x1599px) Image search: [Google]
9k8328.jpg
168KB, 691x1599px
>>40391752
Rippetoe says young healthy men like yourself can afford to still lift with a sleep deficit as long as you are still eating enough, and you're usually getting enough sleep.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.