[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Loose Skin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1451731347689.jpg (47KB, 480x422px) Image search: [Google]
1451731347689.jpg
47KB, 480x422px
Hey /f/it, I started trying to lose weight a little under 4 months ago. I started at 308 and I'm currently 244, so I've lost 64 pounds. It's been awesome, but I do have one issue; loose skin. Do you know if there's anything I can do to make my skin bounce back, or will it always be like this?

Additional info (If it matters):
Height: 5'8"
Current exercise routine: NONE, I'm a NEET
How I lose weight doing nothing: Eat 1,200 calories a day.
>>
There is so much bro-science around this issue because its such a huge insecurity to people, thus its easy to get their shekels from it.
Here is what you need to know:

The amount of loose skin you get depend on your:
Genetics

what can you do?
Wait 2 years after the weight loss
keep hydrated
oil up regularly (Which is probably bullshit)

Let's be real here though. If you were +100 pounds overweight, you will probably have some.
Also don't listen to the bullshit that losing weight quickly will somehow make it worse. It doesn't, you just have to give it 2 years to snap back. After that you're left with the rest forever.
Also don't forget that being a skelly with some skin is way better than being a fatass.
>>
>>40385999
Forgot to mention that lifting can help fill it out pretty much everywhere but around your stomach.
>>
>>40385999
>>40386008
Alright, so it's basically just a waiting game? Damn, sucks I have to wait 2 years for this shit to bounce back. Glad I decided to fix myself when I was young and not wait. I'm not at my weight loss goal yet ofc. Want to get to a normal bmi.

Do you actually think it would take 2 years even though I'm still super young? :>
>>
>>40386030
Oh yea, also heard how long you were fat effects the skins ability to bounce back, is this true?
>>
>>40386030
Well seeing as you're young it might not take as long or you might end up with alot less of it. Good on you for fixing it early and not in your 40's.

>>40386042
People do say this and it does sound logical. But I've never seen any studies regarding this so take it with a grain of salt
>>
I remember reading somewhere that eventually your body will reabsorb the skin. I have no idea where I read this, and it may even be bullshit, but it makes sense to me that our body would kinda break down the excess tissue if it's not needed
>>
>>40386110
eh, that doesn't really seem right to me. I mean, sure it's extra tissue but would the body focus energy to absorb it if it doesn't have to?
>>
>>40386157
Well, your skin cells replace themselves every few days or whatever so why not just destroy and replace less than was there before if it's just hanging there
>>
>>40386163
I don't think our body could tell it's useless desu
>>
>>40386179
Well it seems to know it need to make more, seems silly that it can not reverse the process
>>
>>40386219
It knows to make more because it's being forced to. Your body expands, so it needs more skin to make that expansion happen. There's nothing forcing it to bounce back.
>>
>>40386227
What if one was to wear compression clothing, then there would be something forcing it back
>>
File: deep.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
deep.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>40385971

>Current exercise routine: NONE, I'm a NEET

Being a NEET is the easiest way to get /fit/, you really should start working out, you can make surprising gains even when losing weight since ur so big.
>>
>>40386283
what are some good workouts I can do at home?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.