[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck do people not use clips? I saw a guy doing CURLS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Bobby Screaming.jpg (62KB, 558x564px) Image search: [Google]
Bobby Screaming.jpg
62KB, 558x564px
Why the fuck do people not use clips?

I saw a guy doing CURLS at the fucking power rack, but he was a big guy so I could understand wanting to use a barbell for less weight and being able to rack at any time, BUT HE WASN'T USING CLIPS.
Another guy was doing squats, not a big guy at all, only 1pl8 8 reps, he could obviously handle the weight well enough to balance it, but HE WASN'T USING CLIPS. LITERALLY WHY NOT?
Another guy, big black guy doing ez bar skullcrushers but only with 1 10lbs plates so it was obvious he could handle it without clips, but ONE OF THE 10 PLATES WAS HANGING OFF OF THE BAR, IT WASNT EVEN PUSHED IN ALL THE WAY

WHY WON'T PEOPLE USE CLIPS
LITERALLY WHY
IT TAKES 2 SECONDS TO PUT ON AND OFF
THEY WERENT EVEN ADDING WEIGHT DURING THE EXERCISES.

WHY WHY WHY
REEEEE
on the bright side, there were no annoying gym couples who spend 75% of the time taking pictures of eachother for instagram.
>>
I only use clips on the smith machine
>>
>>40381172
I always wear clips, gloves, kneepads, and a condom for safety. Can never be too safe m8.
>>
>>40381172
Were the dudes bigger than you?
>>
File: NcaGDjb.jpg (18KB, 462x409px) Image search: [Google]
NcaGDjb.jpg
18KB, 462x409px
>>40381230
>not using bubblewrap for maximum safety
what year is it again?
>>
>>40381172
i dont use clips on my barbell rows to help my form
>>
>>40381230
>>40381290
why mock? there's no reason not to use clips. It takes 2 seconds to take off and put on, and it's even required by the gym. It's like wearing a seatbelt, literally why would you NOT do it?

>>40381264
curlguy was bigger and so was big black guy, but squatguy was not
>>
Cheap shitty bait but this does mildly surprise me sometimes on squats
>>
I only use clips for DL because I hate loud clanking
>>
>>40381466
>>40381458
name one reason not to use clips.

if you need the incentive of the plates falling off to get good form, you're not doing it right. You can fix your form without being a retard.
>>
I don't use clips for bench because if you fuck up with no spot you can allow the weights to fall off which is much safer
>>
>>40381172
I can never find the clips at my gym anymore and barely anyone uses them anyway so fuck it.
>>
I don't use clips on heavy sets of bench because 90% of people at the gym don't know how to fucking spot
>>
>>40381503
>name one reason not to use clips.
>if you need the incentive of the plates falling off to get good form,

You have awful bait
>>
>>40381503
1. It takes extra time
2. My gym has maybe 3 pairs of clips and I don't want to carry mine around
3. I don't have problems with balance and my plates don't slip on compounds. I never use BB for anything else
>>
>>40381503
>Name one reason
Bench press safety
>>
>Saves time
>Saves effort
>Makes bench far safer
>Not all gyms have enough clips
>Makes loading and deloading quicker and easier
>Encourages good form
>200 other reasons

top bait
>>
>>40381503
if you fail a lift and aren't being spotted on bench it's safer not to use clips so you can dump the weight if you need to.

Most of the time I don't use clips because why would I? If I'm warming up doing weight I know is very easy then I'm just wasting time taking the clips on and off again. I only use clips for working sets if I'm not changing the weight every time.
>>
Why doesn't everyone wear basketball shorts at the gym? They only take 2 seconds to put on.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.