[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

eating disorders

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: crows.jpg (13KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
crows.jpg
13KB, 250x250px
Does someone have a cure for bulimia? I have been going on diets for 10 years now, but there is always a moment where my body overthrows all reasoning and I start binge eating again.
So far all I have read about eating disorders is the same: No cure exists.
>>
>>40366705
>Does someone have a cure for bulimia?

Get therapy, you dumb slut.
>>
>>40366705
You can actually cure any mental disorder by fasting. Length depends on how serious your disorder is.

http://orthomolecular.org/library/jom/1974/pdf/1974-v03n04-p301.pdf
>>
>>40366705
AFAIK one of the forms of purging people with bulimia have is excessive exercise. This could be turned into your favor.
It doesn't have a cure but mental disorders symptoms can be greatly influenced by environment. Try to lift instead of puking?
>>
>>40367605
As some examples, cutting frequently starts after exposure to other people that cut and brag about it on the internet.
The delusions caused by paranoid diseases, like schizophrenia greatly change with time. Ghosts, demons, talking to god, secret societies, aliens, gov spying.
>>
>>40367638
Ok how did this go from a cheat meal to secret societies...honest question

Did it ever occur to you maybe the guy just got high?
>>
>>40367659
What? It's bulimia not a cheat meal.
I gave examples of how which symptoms of mental diseases manifest can be influenced by environment.
Schizophrenia is a great example, it has been known for a long time and the themes of delusions changed greatly.
>>
>>40367729
What grown man calls a cheat meal binge eating. I've seen actual women binge eating and no man does that unless hes either really really high or has a legitimate disorder. If you do they have centers that will help with that but its your choice. DSM changes constantly so what would him being schizo have to do with it especially if he didnt say that.
>>
>>40367777
I binge eat every month, almost always after deadlifts and cardio on the same day

Don't be retarded
>>
>>40367799
congratulations you are the 1st man i have ever heard refer to his consumption of calories to recover his cns as binge eating.

good g...nope...im not going to do it.
>>
>>40367777
>What grown man calls a cheat meal binge eating.
No one cares to your shit life. That' the correct term.

>DSM changes constantly so what would him being schizo have to do with it especially if he didnt say that.
Are you low on cabs or are you retarded?
>>
>>40367934
carbs*
>>
OP here
I'm a guy, when I say binge eating it's not some huge meal, I lose control and can spend a whole week to a month eating 5000-7000 calories a day. I gain all the weight back no matter the workout. I even eat shit I don't like as long as it's highly caloric.
>>
>>40367934
abaondon threid
>>
>>40366705
>body overthrows all reasoning
People actually believe this shit?
>>
>>40366705
Hey friend, I've dealt with bulimia for quite awhile now and heres how I made it better
>Quit dieting
>Eat enough healthy food + my bodyweight in protein
>Eat regular meals
>Lifting to cope with stress instead of binging
Seeing the results of eating properly and working out made me really want to kick the bulimia hard. If I'm putting in all that effort, why would I want to sabotage the results?
There is a 90% change you binge because you don't eat enough regularly, are stressed, and bored. I still throw up sometimes, but it's very rare.
anything is possible OP you just have to want it bad enough
>>
Main thing - stop binging.
Eat small regular meals throughout the day. Do not fucking skip one because you think it'll help.
Don't stock any food you're more likely to be to binge on. If you feel the urge to binge eat a fuckton of rice or something that'll fill your stomach up fast.
Whenever you feel the urge to binge chug a fuckton of water.

Most likely your problem is that binging has become a habit or reflex and you need to break it. It's stupid to try to significantly cut your calories whilst trying to get over this habit, the best thing you can do is get a regular, scheduled diet.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.