[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does hypertrophy training work for natural lifters? Or is it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1482175153013.png (88KB, 376x118px) Image search: [Google]
1482175153013.png
88KB, 376x118px
Does hypertrophy training work for natural lifters? Or is it all about high weight low reps? I really love the style of low weight 15-20 reps because of the pump I feel, but I've been reading a lot and from what I can make of it, it's better to do high weight low reps. Any insight?
>>
>>40364922
Yes it works. I do heavy and light days.
>>
Yes and no. Sometimes people forget that the absolutely most important things in lifting is lifting progressively heavier weights over time. The problem with hypertrophy training for natties is that it's way harder to keep adding weight to an isolation exercise done for 5x10 than a compound exercise done for sets of 5. So what people end up doing is training the big compounds with sets or 5 or similar, while doing some extra, high rep isolation work. The compounds drive progress while the isolations give you a little extra hypertrophy. Also remember getting stronger in the 5-8 rep range + eating a surplus makes you bigger as well.
>>
File: 1471139810735.jpg (35KB, 329x449px) Image search: [Google]
1471139810735.jpg
35KB, 329x449px
>>40364997
I've been eating at a deficit for the past 7 months because I really wanted to lose weight. Went from 260ish to 204. I want to get around 180 or so before I start eating at a surplus. My strength has gone up even while eating at a deficit, but that's just noob gains. I guess a good ratio for the training would be 2 weeks strength 1 week hypertrophy?
>>
>>40365091
No. You will lose gains if you aren't going heavy every other session. A week with light weight is asking for losing gains.
>>
>>40365218
I'm not really interested in gaining a fuck ton of strength and being able to lift insane amounts of weight. I just want a lean aesthetic physique. Hypertrophy wouldn't achieve that?
>>
>>40365218
no he won't you dumbass.
>>
>>40365091
Try 3 day/wk: heavy, medium, light intensity
>>
>>40365351
I meant heavy light medium*
>>
>>40365289
If you are going whole weeks with no heavy weight your gains will be zero. Do you even want to make it?
>>
>>40364922
With 8-12 reps i increased my bench, OHP and barbell row by 10 kg in a month. Works great for me at least
>>
>>40364922
I do heaviest weight that i can do 20-30 reps on.

Its all about the mind musclr connection and feeling the burn and squeezing the muscle as you exercise. Lighter weight and higher reps helps me feel the burn more.

Also im working out to look aesthetic and to be healthy, not snap my shit up and 'go to far' with the muscles.
>>
>>40365529
How many times a week did you do each exercise?
>>
>>40366076
nice. yea pretty much what im wanting. i guess ill try it out for a few months to see. im doing zyzz routine right now. everyone says it's a lot of volume, but i dont really see it. i do medium weights 8-10 sometimes more reps and i find it pretty easy.
>>
>>40364922
food is everything. u can do heavy weight low rep light weight hi rep and neither will do shit for size unless you are eating enough, natty or not
>>
>>40367151
zyzz routine is pretty shitty, he only managed it because he used steroids. Do something that hits every muscle at least 2 times a week if you're doing hypertrophy work
>>
>>40368548
I was doing a PPL routine for like 4 months before I had to stop. I could feel it breaking down my joints and just fucking me up. I liked his routine because it spread everything out. Hitting shoulders separate from chest etc. Now I feel super fresh all the time and am able to get everything done.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.