[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

5/3/1 bodyweight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 531[1].jpg (16KB, 640x232px) Image search: [Google]
531[1].jpg
16KB, 640x232px
What happens if I start 5/3/1 with bodyweight accessories without doing any compound lifting prior? everyone says its an "intermediate program"
>>
>>40356852
People who workout with nothing save for sufficiently advanced bodyweight movements tend to be fairly strong.
Bodyweight can easily tranfer over to any other physical activity you can name.

I think going to 5/3/1 after a few years of consistent strength based calisthenics routines would be a really easy transition.
>>
>>40356852
They say it's an intermediate because it's designed to give you much slower strength gains than an LP program, but there's nothing to say you CAN'T do it as a beginner. It works, but it's not the most efficient way to get stronger as a novice.
>>
>>40356852
>What happens if I start 5/3/1 with bodyweight accessories without doing any compound lifting prior
it would have nothing whatsoever to do with 5/3/1. I honestly hate douchebags like you. you will make no gains and complain afterwards that "5/3/1 did nothing for you", meanwhile you never even did the program for a single week. fuck off. jim wendler himself would shit in your pants if he read this.
>>
>>40356852
For beginners you adjust the rep range you use for the weeks. Rather than use 5 reps, then 3 reps, then 5,3,1 reps you do everything as 3x5. Adding in FSL and jokers where you can.
>>
>>40356852
Do 5/3 repeat, with no rest week while you are still getting gains. Then switch to 5,3,1 program when you stall completely.
>>
>>40357510
I agree. Do 5/3 at first. As long as your training max is going up one training session to the next (even just a few pounds at a time) keep progressing your work sets.

You can do basic calisthenics, weight dips, pushups, work on your handstand presses, but I would also encourage you to work towards advanced bodyweight moves.
>>
>>40356852
do 5/3/1 for beginners, it's a template that's out there somewhere

you have a solid base of upper body strength probably, but you still need to get used to the movements
>>
>>40356852
I don't see any benefit of doing less than 5 reps on anything ever as a beginner. I wouldn't do it. Do linear progression instead.
>>
>>40357921
you very rarely actually do less than 5 reps on 5/3/1
>>
>>40356852
If you're gonna do 5/3/1 then go for 3/5/1 5 PRO with FSL then do your calisthenics aiming for a total of 50 reps i.e.
Use 85 of TM first week, always aim for 5 reps instead of doing standard 5/3/1 style of AMRAP then after you hit the 85% set do 3-4 sets with the same weight you used on the first working set, alternate the anchor lift of the day with your calisthenics, add box jumps and medicine ball throws ans you'll be ok, just be sure to run 4-6 week cycles before deloading
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.