[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is yoga legit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: yoga.jpg (95KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
yoga.jpg
95KB, 600x400px
I've read and heard that yoga can make you grow up up to 3 inches. Im 5'10 and 18 and would really like to be 6'1.

Is yoga legit? Have u guys tried it? If it works when should I do it in the day? thanks.
>>
>3 inches taller from better posture

no
>>
Flexibility through yoga or stretching can improve your posture and potentially make you appear minimally taller. You won't grow though.
>>
>>40352629
>yoga can make you grow up up to 3 inches
Not going to happen.
If anything, lifting - with good form, mind, you don't want to damage yourself but to express more HGH - would help more.

Yoga is good for stretching, or as a spiritual thing. Even then, there are better stretching routines, yoga can more easily lead to damage, especially in hard spine twist or spine bend poses.
>>
i took a yoga class in thailand years ago and the teacher told me not to eat for at least 3 hours before hand. based on this i always thought that yoga would be best done when you wake up, before breakfast.
this is backed up with zero evidence though.

it's not going to make you taller, but it will benefit you
>>
Lots of pussy at yoga classes as well.
>>
>>40352672

>Do some basic bitch "stretching routine" because yoga can fuck you up

This is the "deep squats are bad for your knees and deadlifts are bad for your back" of mobility and flexibility.
>>
>>40352629
yeah it will, happened to me
>>
>>40352714
Squats and deads aren't part of a religion tho.
Yoga isn't the 'pro level stretching', it's a different thing - almost as good as a routine that focuses on stretching your weak points, with a big extra helping of spirituality, with all the crazy shit that comes with that, that's often censored away when showing 'yoga' to westerners.
>>
>>40352629
combine it with zumba for maximal grow
>>
>>40352629
yeah bro i used to be 5'6 then after my first yoga class with my coach Johnny I crew to 6'6
>>
It's not bad for the core and i use it for stretching and flexibility
>>
>>40352765

what the fuck are you drinking?
go do heavy 20rep sets for a few weeks and tell me you haven't found <DEITY>
>>
>>40352765

It isn't just "stretching, but with spirit stuff" either. It combines the stretching aspect with coordinated movements, postures, and control of the breath in a way that goes above and beyond "stretching" to actually develop control and useful range of motion.
>>
Yoga is legit.
Pretty relaxing overall, but you have to get into it and actually try.
>>
>fell for the yoga meme
>started pranayama daily
>lost all desire for video games and a gf
>soul feels free of all impressions
Housewife yoga is cancer.
>>
>>40352985
Great mobility routine, with added spirituality on the side, that had to be curbed somewhat to make it more appetizing.
I'll take my good ole mobility and agility drills instead.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.