[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 52

File: vikings1280jpg-652840_1280w.jpg (330KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vikings1280jpg-652840_1280w.jpg
330KB, 1280x720px
Rollo isn't a true Viking. So fudge 'im, edn.

I want to get into lifting for the sole purpose of becoming a stronger swimmer. Not competing it's just a hobby. What routines should be my focus? Purely strength ones right? Just how much will strength training complement swimming?
>>
What are the most common causes of bingeing other than a lack of willpower?
>>
File: 1486403231511-v.jpg (65KB, 706x960px) Image search: [Google]
1486403231511-v.jpg
65KB, 706x960px
>>40344650
Emotional eating. I'm an emotional eater and using food as a coping mechanism. Anxious? Eat. Depressed? Eat. Disgusted with myself because I am addicted to food and feel like I'll never change? Eat. Gain weight from all the extra food? Eat. Repeat ad nauseum.

You can say it's lack of willpower because it totally is. But there are more underlying causes than you know. A normal person doesn't just start eating 3-4k calories worth of food in a single sitting randomly one day.

>coming from a planet. 6'4", was 453lbs. Still 355lbs.

Everyday is a new day and every single meal becomes a battle of interests. Which do I want more? Food or results?
>>
File: 1486042125477-g.png (393KB, 2254x2452px) Image search: [Google]
1486042125477-g.png
393KB, 2254x2452px
How to stop bad habits /fit/?
>bite my nails
>bite and tear at my fingertips and cuticles.
>absent mindedly bite at the inside of my bottom lip
>grind my tongue against my right side molars until it's raw and it hurts (I then just continue to do it)
>bite my cheek

I'm a fat fuck trying to change and none of these are attractive regardless of weight or physique. But every time I stop myself, I find myself automatically doing it again minutes later.
>>
>>40344713

Punish yourself you stupid anime poster.
>>
>>40344681
This makes a ton of sense. I think I've been attaching nostalgia to my bingeing habit. Remembering the simpler days when I'd eat as much as I want when I wanted as a kid.

How are you fixing your emotional eating? Stupid question.. I guess it is just a matter of grinding isn't it... Best of luck in your journey anon. We'll make it
>>
File: 1486073822342-fit.jpg (52KB, 453x600px) Image search: [Google]
1486073822342-fit.jpg
52KB, 453x600px
>>40344722
No bully. I just chose an angery reaction image at random.

And punish myself how?
>>
>>40344724
Nah not a stupid question. Everyone says the standard trope of "one day at a time". I had to start taking it one meal at a time. I clear my mind as much as possible like an hour before ordering or preparing food. As it's time to order or I'm prepping I ask myself questions.

"Are you actually hungry for this much food? Or are you just doing it because it's all you know?"

"Are you even hungry at all? Are is it just a mix of boredom and deep down, you're unsatisfied with your life?"

I also have hundreds of threads worth of fat hate pictures.
>>
>>40344746

Reduce the amount of anime you get to watch until you fix your disgusting habits. You dont need to wallow in them.
>>
File: Snapchat-557692833.jpg (462KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-557692833.jpg
462KB, 1080x1920px
what muscle is this
i only do sl5x5
>>
>>40344523
If I do some cardio right before drinking will I get drunk faster/more drunk? Trying to use a limited amount of booze effectively.
>>
im having a hard time breaking a long plateau in my weight loss, should i try a meme diet like keto?
>>
>>40344989
Drink fasted, 3 drinks and you will be hammered

>>40344949
probably your soleus dogg, does it flex when you plantarflex while in knee flexion?
>>
>>40345082
try eating 20/4 IF, worked for me, 30 lbs lost
>>
>>40345203
i'll try that thanks anon.
>>
>>40345207
good luck dude, embrace the hunger, eat a tiny bit before you resistance train like 50 grams total of protein carb, then a big dinner, and only coffee for breakfast/lunch
>>
>>40345218
arbitrarily restricting things always helps me out for some reason so i feel good about this. gonna give it a real try I appreciate the input.
>>
>>40344523
Didnt rollo become one of the greatest vikings by establishing the kingdom of Normandy and setting the grounds for william the conquerer to make great britain a thing and invent the english language?
>>
File: 1470266279336.webm (3MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1470266279336.webm
3MB, 640x640px
What's the difference between strength and hypertrophy?
>>
File: Photoshop_2017-02-12_03-02-39.png (953KB, 647x559px) Image search: [Google]
Photoshop_2017-02-12_03-02-39.png
953KB, 647x559px
Is there anything I can do to fill out this place ? Any specific exercises? Pretty sure I need to build a strong core, will deadlifts and squats be enough?
>>
>>40346030

Strength is how much weight you can lift.

Hypertrophy is focusing on increasing the size of your muscles.
>>
what mastic gum should i buy
there's too much shit to go through and i don't know if the size of the "pieces" matters
>>
>>40346030
One is something you can measure, the other is something that doesn't exist for a natty.
>>
>>40346184
I don't understand how making your muscles bigger and getting stronger are two different things
>>
My grip sucks. What are some exercises to improve it ?
>>
>>40346317
they do overlap, but some programs and # of reps focus one over the other
>>
>>40346362
Not the one who asked, but I'm curious. Sticky basically say that a few heavy rep is for force building, while a lot of light rep focuses more on cardio. So what would a program for hypertrophy would like ?
>>
>>40346184
Will muscles look different after training one over the other? Can you change your training and therefor the appearance of your muscle just by changing your rep ranges and rest times?
>>
>>40346362
take two identical skinny dyel noobs. one sarts a strength routine and the other does a hypertrophy routine. after a year, what do each of them look like? what ways are they different?
>>
The strength vs hypertrophy things sounds stupid. You're either building muscle or you're not. Progressive overload happens regardless of rep range and rest. Could hypertrophy training really just make easier gains?
>>
>>40344523
While dancing and making out with a girl yesterday she asked me if i was a virgin. I told her yes cuz i am. She lives 5 minutes away from home walking. She confessed that she liked me and i like her back. Help fit im only 18
>>
>"deadlifting is functional"
>conventional deadlifting is a retarded way of picking thing up
>sumo style is more natural
>sumo is somehow a meme lift
can someone explain this shit
>>
>>40346484
do it yourself and see how they turn out
>>
Ok I took a week off for tennis elbow. It no longer hurts when fully extended still a little tender. Should I take another week off to fully heal or fuck it. It says it can take months to fully heal online so screw that??
>>
Is it possible to have muslce weight gained at a higher rate than fat weight lost over the course of 2 months?
>>
>>40346443
>>40346484
No one will answer this because no one knows.
>>
>>40345203
What does this mean to a noob?
>>
What would be a good weight loss lifting routine?
>>
>>40347080
It means you have a 4 hour eating "window" during every 24 hours. So for example you would only consume calories from 2pm-6pm No calories before or after that time. It limits how much you can eat by closing down the window in which you eat it. I wouldn't recommend starting off with it though.

If you want to do Intermittent fasting, do either 1-2 24 hour fast per week (Eat nothing from 8pm Sunday to 8pm Monday, then have dinner as normal for example).

Or start with a 16/8 IF window. Same as the 20/4 but you can eat from 12pm-8pm and fit in your calories there.

Either way, its not magic, you still need to spend less then you consume, but the eating Window limits (for most) how much they can stuff in their face in that time.
>>
>>40347192
Whatever one your doing now.

If you aren't then any beginner routine is fine. Starting Strength or Stronglifts (just don't start with the bar as recommended, such a fucking stupid concept). My personal recommendation is Greyskulls' Linear Progression.
>>
>>40346837
Let's say "functional" your picking up one half of a heavy couch or dresser. You get in your Sumo stance, you pick it up. Then you do what? You set it down because you aren't going to walk with your legs spread like a tard.

Now do the same thing with a conventional stance. Oh look you can walk like a normal person.

Sumo has no place except in the gym. Its not more natural. Its for power lifters who want to maximize weight lifted. Anyone else doing it is likely purely ego retard lifting.
>>
>>40347192

Standard SL routine while eating TDEE-500/BMR.

>>40346484

>Low rep
>High weight
>Force you to use every single muscle in your body to do the lift

>High rep
>low weight
>have to recruit less muscles for the job
>your main muscles get big from overuse

For example, compare a hypertrophy squat vs a Powerlifting squat.

>Powerlifting squat forces you to have a strong core to keep your back locked to do the squat
>Hypertrophy is a low enough weight not to matter
>You are fighting muscle fatigue from doing the same motion again and again on your thighs
>>
>>40347253
Alright will do.
>>
File: HELP.jpg (19KB, 383x572px) Image search: [Google]
HELP.jpg
19KB, 383x572px
>>40344523
I'm struggling a bit on my warmups for deadlifts.

I've got no problem with the last warmup and my working set since I can use mixed grip. But I've heard that I want to use overhand grip for the warmups before the last one. The last two times I've done deadlift, I've barely gotten through the second-to-last warmup since my grip keeps loosening. I want to say that my hands are just too small (I am a manlet) to wrap around the bar well, but I'm sure that's just an excuse. Is there any truth to this, or is it more likely that my grip is terrible?
>>
>>40347298
Grip is terrible. Just use over over as long as you can but if your losing your grip, switch to mixed or try to hook grip. As someone with small hands it took me quite awhile to get the hook grip down but now I don't regret learning it.
>>
>>40347328
Good to know. I've tried hook grip, but I was probably fucking it up. Always hard to get an idea of how these grips look just from looking at pictures.

Thanks.
>>
>>40347359
When I started learning it, I seriously did it for nothing more then 95-135 lbs for a few weeks, just doing warm ups and occasionally practicing it on non-deadlift days. Eventaully i felt okay and was getting to 225 without my thumb wanting to die. Now I can do 375 for my working sets with it. It took me several months of practice and stuff before I felt good with it though.
>>
>>40344523
what do you do when acquaintances figure out you're a hollow person that is imitating how people act?
>>
How do you decide what weight to begin starting strength? From what I understand you should begin at a weight where form doesn't suffer but you feel the exertion at 8-10 reps? However anons seem to be insisting 40-50kg is a reasonable start for squats and higher for DL

> weigh 53kg
>>
>>40347273
You think there is a big difference between a 3x8 set range vs a 5x5 set range. It's very similar volume and feel my max is the same for both.
>>
>>40347531
First off, remember that it's called STARTING Strength. Whatever you start with is okay. There are people who start squatting nothing but the bar and that's fine.

Second, READ THE FUCKING BOOK. It's available on Amazon and other booksellers (you could also probably pirate it pretty easily as well).

Third, you figure out where to start by lifting. If you search online, you should be able to find a Starting Strength calculator for you pretty easily. There, you put in the most you can lift and it pops out what you should start out at.
>>
>>40347547

If by the end of a five rep range you aren't on the verge of collapse then it's not heavy enough. For a 3x8, you are fighting your muscle tightness keeping you from doing the set, not energy exerted so much.
>>
Is this shit??
www.walmart.com/ip/FITNESS-REALITY-810XLT-Super-Max-Power-Cage-800-lb-Weight-Capacity/55351546open_in_new

It's strange that most racks are 600-1300 dollars but this one is 180 at Walmart or 280 on amazon. Is it shit I assume?
>>
>>40347531
>Whatever you start with is okay.
This. Don't get caught up in numbers skeleton, work on your form before being worried about weight progression and begin with what is realistic for your body
>>
>>40347597
Fuck after each set of 3x8 I'm about to die. Like faint, light headed, breathing heavy, was thinking 5x5 would be less taxing but it's probably the same. Leg shit is gay when cutting
>>
>>40347617
https://www.amazon.com/Fitness-Reality-810XLT-Super-Power/dp/B01MR0BM7X

Yeah, the reviews for it actually don't seem so bad on Amazon. One guy said that a few pieces came broken out of the box, but the vendor did message them afterwards.

Personally, I wouldn't purchase it since I'm not familiar with the brand, but I've definitely seen worse. Weightlifting is all about safety. If you feel like it'd be safe having that in your home and if you feel like those safety bars will work as intended, go for it. Definitely keep searching online, though, and read those reviews. This is a big purchase.
>>
>>40347677
Thanks I feel like the cheapest shit isn't worth my life. I'm in ohio so rogue fitness is pretty big here but fuck it's expensive. That one seems extremely cheap relative to almost everything else. When something is to good to be true it usually means it's not true. Wanted to buy a half rack or something. Just enough to squat and bench in and be able to dump weight if need be
>>
>>40347677
And it's 300 with a adjustable bench. That's next level cheap it has to be made from old uranium or something
>>
>>40345389
Yeah which also led to the foundation of boundary law
>>
Are weighted pullups the best lat workout
>>
>>40347677
I have the PPR200x which is a little more then that although I got it on sale and same with the lat attachment. Works great.The lat attachment is kind of meh, mostly because the bottom connection is so low. But for facepulls, lat pull downs, its not bad. Rows from the floor are okay and I do it for things like cable crunches
>>
I've been doing my first ever cut for about 4 months now and I just got hit by my first really really bad fuckup binge. I must have eaten 1000 calories over maintenance every day this week and even though I feel like shit I'm still hungry.

Literally never had a problem before this week at a 750 deficit, what the fuck triggered this so hard?
>>
Best (cheap) clean bulking foods?
I already listed eggs, chicken, fish, rice, beans, potatoes, broccoli. (Apples and bananas as snacks)
>>
lads. does tearing cartilage in your knee affect growth plates
>5'10 manlet
>brother is 6'3
>>
>>40346782
Don't overthink or you'll fuck yourself over, you got this far so just keep doing what you're doing. Everyones first time is awkward so don't feel weird
>>
when i look at the nutrition values of raw chicken wings, do they include bone weight or not ?
lets say 100 gr chicken wings have 19 gr protein, does it mean 100 gr without bone ?
>>
>>40348300
>does it mean 100 gr without bone
yes
>>
Flossing daily, good or bad?
>be 23 y/o
>never been to the dentist, always been scared
>only have a single tooth with cavity
>decide to get it cleaned up and filled
>while at it also have cleaning performed
>after the whole thing, my mouth feels like I've lost several of my teeth because it's been covered with a lot of tartar
>also now dentists are now even scarier to me
I do not want to go back to the dentist ever again.
Aside from brushing daily, I've also been flossing daily.
Definitely makes me /feel/ like my mouth is cleaner, but should I keep doing it?
>>
>>40348313
so how much of the weight comes from the bone? 70 chicken 30 bone or is it closer to 50-50?
>>
File: 1469919563772.gif (2MB, 240x144px) Image search: [Google]
1469919563772.gif
2MB, 240x144px
>>40344650
>>40344724
>>40344681

Studies also show that sleep deprivation causes your body to send out messages to the brain wanting you to eat more in order to supplement energy or some bullshit like that. I'm not sure 100% on the scientific reasoning but the takeaway is that when you've missed sleep for whatever reason, you're much more likely to want to binge the day after.

Recognizing this window of vulnerability/increased risk and being more actively mindful in avoiding it has helped me a lot with maintaining weight loss.
>>
Will HGH make me grow taller at age 18? I haven't grown much since 16 or so.
>>
>>40344523
Wait. How is Ivar standing?
>>
>>40347273
good explanations
>>
>>40348448
no but i believe it made my wrists and hands thicc af
>>
>>40346439

Above 7. Below 7 is strength. 7 exactly is a waste and you will make no gains.
>>
Progression is nowhere near linear for me on SS. I'm only a month and a half in but it is constant plateaus on every lift. I know some of this is because I'm also losing weight (750 deficit) but is that normal so soon? I'm currently at 95/120/180/250.
>>
>>40348574
how much did you buy? shit is pricy
>>
Does coffee, tea or mineral water break the fast?
>>
File: cfcabaf2f7-1485954985629.png (918KB, 1192x935px) Image search: [Google]
cfcabaf2f7-1485954985629.png
918KB, 1192x935px
Is it safe to drink protein, creatine and alcohol within an hour?

Just finished leg day and got invited out to a party, need to know FAST
>>
Can I make any beginner routine like SS or SL hypertrophy focussed by simply changing the reps to 3x8-12 on all the lifts?
>>
>>40349163
why would you do this
>>
Is staying on maintence for 6 months doing more harm or good or neither
I ask because im at pretty low BF as of now and I wanna maintain it till the end of summer and then start a clean bulk.

Also we can all agree wow react is the most underrated react out there
>>
Redpill me on orange peel, I bite into oranges because I am too lazy to peel them
>>
>>40349059
fuck it yolo doing it anyway
>>
File: cA1XENR.jpg (45KB, 640x505px) Image search: [Google]
cA1XENR.jpg
45KB, 640x505px
>>40349249
>>
>>40349178
To focussed more on gaining muscle more than strength?
>>
>>40349059
>>40349270

drink a fuck ton of water and you're good
>>
File: olives.jpg (78KB, 994x559px) Image search: [Google]
olives.jpg
78KB, 994x559px
Wanting to add a teaspoon of oil to my shakes for some extra easy cals,

What's the best oil to use for taste / health benefits?
>>
My right shoulder is aching after i did some stretching and it's been 3 days. (woke up the next day with pain, so might also just have slept in a shit position)
It hurts when i don't warm up and try to move it overhead, but after moving it overhead for 3-5 times the pain decreases, but not entirely. It is only prominent when lateral/to the side movement overhead and rotation when stretched out. The pain is concentrated in the lateral deltoid area.

what to do to recover quicker?
>>
>>40348336
since no one answered my question i just cooked weighted and calculated everything. maybe it would be helpful to some other anon
500 grams of raw wings becomes 380 grams when baked.
500 grams of raw wings have 124 grams of bone.
>>
Would eating 1kg of quark a day be bad for me?
>>
Is there a problem with getting all my fats from peanuts?
>>
>>40349278
Is that bad?
>>40348973
Also interested in this one, bump
>>
>>40349844
it's probably fine, especially if organic (there might be some pesticide shit that doesn't come out even if you wash it)

and I mean people bake with orange peels. It's just weird to eat it like that, I've never heard of anyone doing it
>>
>>40346030
Hypertrophy is the process of breaking down your muscles and forcing your body to repair them, as a consequence of the repair they are slightly larger than they were before they were damaged.

Strength gains are made by teaching your central nervous system to engage more muscles in your body to control a weight.

They are less related than you think, someone who only trains for hypertrophy will look extremely fit, but will be weaker than someone who only trains strength. But at the same time someone who trains one will also make gains in the other.
>>
>>40346484
The strength guy will be strong, and the hypertrophy guy will look better
>>
>>40346513
>>40346484
>>40346443
>>40346184
>>40346030
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tM1LFFxeKg
>>
>>40348326
Flossing has been proven to have no benefits.

Dentists are terrible and they always treat you like shit, even if they're nice.

I haven't been in like 2 years and I won't go back unless I have an excessive problem.
>>
>>40346137
the muscle there is called the oblique go google some exercises for it
>>
Can someone recommend me a full core workout? I did deadlifts on Friday and my lower back hurts when I bend or make certain movements. I know this is due to core weakness because I never really work my core or abs, and can barely hold a plank for a little over a minute.

I fell for the minimalist programming meme and i've realised how flawed it is for people who were sedentary prior to starting squats/deadlifts/ohp etc.

I don't have access to a cable machine so no cable crunches, bodyweight exercises only please!
>>
Hi /fit/,

A quick question: Is it okay to lift heavy three times a week and on the resting days to do a stretching + cardio workout?

My concern is that the stretching + lifting will fuck my tendons…
>>
>>40350169
You could do lower weight higher rep on the compounds, but have strict focus on the form, may be front squats. It shouldn't hurt your lower back to deadlift, regardless how weak your core is. It sounds like you're putting too much weight on.
pullups/chinups with lifting your knees and keeping the core tight is an option too
>>
This might be a weird question.

I have a really unfortunate fat distribution which means that I gather ALL my fat in my upper thigh area. My calves, and upper body stays absolutely fat free. This means that when I cut, I end up looking incredibly frail in my upper body, but quite fatty in my thighs. A different of ~30 lbs is about a 1 inch loss in my thighs, that's how bad it is.

This time I've decided to keep cutting until all the fat is gone off my thighs, even if I end up looking anorexic lel. I want to lean out completely, have a completely clean base to build up from. I don't even know if it's possible or if my body will start eating my fucking muscles and shit and just never lose the stubborn fat.

Thoughts? Am I doomed with this shit fat distribution? Should i do lipo or something?
>>
>>40344650
Emotional eating, comfort food, and sweet tooth. Eating sugar just makes you want more sugar, its better to cut it out completely.
>>40344681
>still 355lbs
stop giving out advice here fatty, your weight immediately discredits anything you have to offer or say here.
>>40344713
>anime pic
>obese
what a suprise, the weeb virgin fatty is fat
>>40344949
That's your calf muscle or tendons attatched to it
>>40347192
no such thing, any muscle gained is going to help burn fat faster so pick whatever at random because youre never gonna make it anyway if youre still fat at this stage in your life
>>40348326
Get a checkup at least once a year. You've got to remember that everything in the world are businesses (this is a self awareness realisation that few have understood) This includes the medical sector, the government only helps pay for you because health is a basic human right, but dentists and doctors are just businessmen trained in medicine that wear white coats, they'll look for things wrong with you to fix so that they can get their money, dentists are businesses just like a bakery or electronics store trying to make money
>>
File: shitmetric strength.png (245KB, 769x947px) Image search: [Google]
shitmetric strength.png
245KB, 769x947px
Why do I constantly wake up with random aches and pains?
My gym doesn't have oly barbells/plates so its only machines, BW shit, pullup bars and cardio so I don't think my form is off.
For example my bike broke down yesterday and I had to push it 3-4km. My hamstrings and calves were killing me, but when I woke up, my lumbar and left rear deltoid/rotator cuff and forearm were killing me. Its a new muscle each time, but my back has been annoying me for a week or two, and that might have been bad form.
As I said my gym doesn't have oly barbells or plates so I was doing a full stack on the 'deadlift machine' which was 220lbs. Now I can do this comfortably and I normally have my gym bro there to make sure I have good form, but I widened my foot stance when I was DL'ing because my feet weren't wide enough and now I have this back pain.
This is also having an effect on my benchpress. When I go down, I get this aching pain on my right collarbone and deltoid and it's really making life difficult. I used to have a lmao2pl8 1-2RM but now I can barely manage 3x5 176lbs. Since I always start of my workout with the benchpress, the pain tends to last and fucks up my other workouts.
What the fuck am I doing wrong? Is it the position I sleep in or should I just avoid the gym for a while?
lifting since mid-september BTW. 172lbs
I NEED an answer to this.
>>
>>40344523
Bump
>>
>>40350634
>planet fatness
>>
File: Progress.jpg (2MB, 1806x1806px) Image search: [Google]
Progress.jpg
2MB, 1806x1806px
Is this decent progress for 3 months of SS ? Am I gonna make it ?
>>
What's the best ab meme workout? I know people say "lol squats and deadlifts r all u need !!!111" but I know that's bullshit unless you already had strong abs/core to begin with.
>>
>>40350747
your lifts will tell you whether you're progressing OK
>>
I can't remember people's names and faces. It sucks but I got this girls number a week ago and if I saw her I couldnt recognise her. Why is this happening
>>
>>40350765
Ive just recently gotten past 1 plate (started at 20ish lbs with each) with my big three lifts. It feels like Im progressimg slowly though.
>>
File: 1485483515320.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1485483515320.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
got scapular impingement for the first time...time to take a break for 1-2 weeks
>>
>SHEIKO & DIETMAR PROGRAMS

Sheiko Programs:

>Beginner (/plg/ internet exclusive)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cfn4wy-9lc3mO5ObkoBU_Bf2GUtkr42gCyZS_hzeD4I/

>Intermediate Small Load (/plg/ internet exclusive)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A8YmCRV8hL4VFdMtuSzNAM_0wjPF4lj1HxHFEnMVers/

>Intermediate Medium Load
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18nIdEHDGktGptKsWDQzowXkmHeM6XGMFj-TnGdQKLmY/

>Intermediate Large Load
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1htZVT7ltLYVBSB3Uh9PQKqARitj46IEgihbo3Uu04P0/

>Advanced Small Load (/plg/ internet exclusive)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NUdKocJ2GnpjFXei-N_doL7NM6aT-LwulkS8LQwGEk/

>Advanced Medium Load
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Yt4THa8mZNR81aUcgDVgdqTpc3GiAKLenx3Z7id0yE/

>Advanced Large Load
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akqwfO1und1UI1zvnwK9KIMeJ-r0TLjYJMxi2cTp84c/

>Elite Large Load
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ylP5us2vjisEHK4KgMSZoDT7AREc4Ok3cudKy-wWObk/

Dietmar Programs (translated by c’’,)):

>Guide for competitive programs:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzE9F9Z7GkwLSHl5UWt2Z09LVE0/view?ths=true

>New to competitions:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/176C50p67VaRiFYuDqGctTVRbgXcvejVea4GrZDg4RmA/

>Veteran competitive:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/197wVbzGyE5MWvP1KB4u6rsJX30uAmgeVxJvTV74sVc8/

>Guide for volume program:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzE9F9Z7GkwLYkVmb3prYWt1OWM/view?ths=true

>Volume program:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YbmVOCBKbY8bDOVjO5lNThwKOkthaHi1sX0o6PsixJc/

>Volume program: (by Haugen)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BWu8oSQ9htB91Yjo6pP5XX8qrk-mbUNax_rvEcEf4H8/

L
>>
>>40350800
How many people do you know already? The brain can only remember a few hundred people apparently.

Could also be a medical condition (don't remember the name) where you have a hard time recognizing faces.

Also depends on how long you've been like that. Could be stress
>>
>>40350745
It's just a shitty student gym that doesn't allow them because of 'safety reasons'.
Even planet fitness is better than my gym. Mine is probably less than 50 square metres.
Anyway answer the question
>>
>>40350827
>got scapular impingement for the first time

Same here, although it's very minor. What lifts can I do that won't make it any worse?
>>
>>40351067
I don't fucking know. I'm only gonna do legs and forearm grips...shit has been burning for two days now for me.
>>
File: drobson321h.jpg (35KB, 457x600px) Image search: [Google]
drobson321h.jpg
35KB, 457x600px
Is Reg Park’s Beginner Routine any good for someone who want to build both strength and size?
Tomorrow's gonna be my first day at the gym and i don't really know what routine should i follow
>>
Anyone tried wearing a back brace for lordosis?

Did it help - especially if you work an office job?
>>
On Wednesday I did chest and arms for the first time in over a month.

It is now Sunday and I can still feel the soreness in my chest. Am I clear to do upper body again or should I wait until the soreness is completely gone?
>>
>>40350800
If you have an iPhone (I assume she does too because all grills do) just facetime her. Ask her on a date that way, it will seem really unique/alpha and you get to remember what her face looks like.
>>
>>40351039
I had some memory troubles before when I wasn't on TRT but it was mostly related to movies and series. I could rewatch stuff after a year with close to no spoilers but now its gone.

>>40352249
don't have one, ill message her tomorrow to buy me a diet coke from the school store and see how it goes
>>
File: distrusting sponge.jpg (29KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
distrusting sponge.jpg
29KB, 320x320px
Would this be an okay routine for a grill?

>ATG squats
>Bulgarian split squats
>Lat pulldown
>OHP
>Hanging leg raises
>Cardio on off days

inb4 London, I'm asking for my friend
>>
>>40352511
Sure. Or you can just do a normal routine with more lower accessories and less upper accessories.
>>
>>40348049

I can find pork tenderloin in bulk pretty cheap. Also nuts and coconut oil are a good investment. For me a $15(cad) bag of almonds will last about a month and I'm sure you can get that cheaper in the US.
>>
>>40352522
The thing is I doubt she's gonna want to do any more upper body compounds.

Will 1 vertical push and 1 vertical pull be enough to prevent any posture/muscular imbalance issues?
>>
>>40348973

No as long as you don't add milk or cream or any calories to the drinks it's fine.
I like to do a 20/4 IF because of long work hours and black coffee is wizard jizz for staving off hunger especially the ones with more caffeine. Just try to not have it too late in the day and fuck your sleep schedule up. I generally try not to have more than 1 a day about one or two hours after I wake up but that's up to you.
>>
File: 1460703486793.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1460703486793.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
>>40344523

Wrist Roller...

What sort of knot do you guys use?
>>
>>40349297

Coconut oil or MCT oil if you can afford it. I add mct oil to my pre workout and coconut oil to my morning coffee.
>>
>>40349690

Not unless you're not taking fish oil supplements for your Omega 3s.

But anon why would you deprive yourself of all the delicious fats and only eat nuts? Variety is the key adhering to your diet desu
>>
>>40350747

Depends on your goals desu. Are your lifts progressing? Do you feel stronger? You won't notice a lot of aesthetic gains on SS in three months of even 6 but you will be stronger and thicker. You're chest is definitively bigger and you're starting to get a small v-taper.
>>
>>40352179

Training with DOMS actually helps relieve the soreness. Work through it and you'll notice it feels better during and after.
>>
This question is specific to runners or military personnel

I'm planning on joining the Royal Marines, British naval infantry. The entry standard running time consists of two 2.4km/1.5 mile runs with a one minute rest in between. The first run to be completed in 12.5 minutes and the second run in 10 minutes.

I currently run the first in about 17 and the second in about 15. How long will it take to meet the entry standard? And how long will it take so I can beat it comfortably?
>>
>>40352989
Depends on how hard you train and how often you run. 15 for a 1.5 is shit, even by amerifat standards. For what it's worth, people in USN boot tend to drop their 1.5 by like 3-4 minutes in a 2 month period in sub-optimal conditions.

C25K bro, train to run 5K straight in 20 and you'll pass no problem.
>>
Is there anything particularly bad with squatting with a wide grip (as in, hands near the sleeves of the bar). I have shoulder impingement issues that cause me immense pain if I use a more narrow grip that I typically see other people use.

I'm working on improving my flexibility in my shoulders, but I'm worried about risking snap city or something because I hold the bar with such a wide grip.
>>
>>40353009

I know it's shit man, I've got about 8KG to drop and I've only been running for about two weeks. My feet and shins give up on me if I run at a 11km pace so I'm building it up slowly
>>
File: notbadcharlie.gif (472KB, 498x400px) Image search: [Google]
notbadcharlie.gif
472KB, 498x400px
>>40350747
Thighs don't lie Anon. If you are adding weight every workout, then you're still making them gains.
>>
>>40353047
Then you're doing the right thing. Get some good shoes and make sure you're warming up properly and stretching and rehabing properly, especially if you're doing more than 10 miles a week.

>>40353020
There's a way to have good form with a wide grip it's just not ideal. So long as the bar path/position is correct and your arms aren't supporting the weight of the bar it should be fine for now. Look up some form videos by Rippletits or some PLing guys and work on the flexibility, because if holding a squat is an issue, your bench and OHP are probably affected and you don't notice.
>>
>>40353084

I've looked at plenty form videos (I use Ripp Gripp to the best of my ability), but I just cannot maintain as narrow of a grip that people like Ripp say to use without my shoulders hurting like a motherfucker. My bar position and path are on point and I have no issues (currently) with keeping the bar steady, so my only problems for now are with being unable to hold a more narrow grip.

I guess this is the price I pay for spending most of my life playing vidya gaems. I'll keep working on fixing that shit ASAP.
>>
>>40344523

I'm doing SS but I stall on anything involving shoulders, particularly OHP. Can I incorporate some more non-SS exercises into my routine for the sake of gaining more strength? 25kg is already fucking hard.
>>
Is hummus fit approved?
>>
>>40353325

Volume helps a lot for shoulders, but I wouldn't add anything more than heavy lateral raises.

Then again, if you're struggling with 25kg OHP, you're either the lankiest skelly around, or you're doing something wrong, or you're not eating enough, or a combination of the three.
>>
>>40353325
>>40353450

Another option would be to look into investing in microplates. It'll allow you to maintain linear progression with smaller jumps in weight. This helped me a lot when I started to stall on OHP.
>>
>>40353459

We have some 1.25s at our gym. And I'm a skinnyfat manlet with no strength. That's why I'm doing SS.

Also, yknow, I have hypermobility in my joints and my shoulders painlessly pop out pretty much constantly, which makes anything involving shoulders even harder.
>>
I dont get it /fit/, I hop on tinder and get match a day and it's almost always bisexual chicks. I'm also an asian whose face is effeminate.

What do I do to become a manly asian? Should I get a buzz cut?
>>
>>40353479

You can buy microplates as small as 0.25lb, senpai. It's worth the investment if you're a particularly hard gainer on lifts like the OHP.

Also, have you tried deloading and working back up?
>>
File: 20170212.jpg (148KB, 488x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170212.jpg
148KB, 488x1080px
I can't comprehend my own weight/size/look. I want to start lifting tomorrow but I'm not sure if I'm skinny as fuck or if I am average weight for what I should be (130lbs as 5'6). Someone tell me what I am?

Do I bulk ASAP, or do I lose the belly fat before attempting it? I live off of about 1200 calories right now, hoping to get 2800 when bulking
>>
File: OUcEY.png (47KB, 547x465px) Image search: [Google]
OUcEY.png
47KB, 547x465px
New to lifting, skeleton

2.5lb increases, fine to put 2.5 on one side only?
Would it be fine to add to this routine, or unnecessary. and if so what>? I'm not at the gym very long at all.

I haven't gained weight in 10 days at 128lbs. 2300 cals. Do i just up it to 2400 etc until i do? dont want excess fat gain, even though im a skeleton
>>
>>40353509

No, because I've not actually reached the point where I've stalled yet, but I'm almost 100% sure I will the next time I try to go up. My friend is taller than me but has overall the same musculature (Imagine if you turned a stocky short guy into a lanklet instead) and we lift basically the same on almost all lifts give or take a couple kg and he was struggling like fuck today as well.

Can I bring my own plates to the gym or is that autistic?
>>
>>40349448
Thank you for your effort anon, this is actually really helpful
>>
>>40353503
Start taking strapons in your boypussy
>>
>>40353548
Bulk responsibly.
>>40353562
If you haven't stalled twice already just stop bitching. You never assume you're gonna fail a lift, because if you grab the bar with the assumption it's not gonna go up, it won't. It sounds cheesy and unreasonable, but there's confidence and mental outlook has a huge, scientifically proven, impact on physical ability.

You're gonna put the weight up anon. Maybe not next session, but you're not at the point in your journey where you need to worry about this sorta shit. Just put the fucking weight up.
>>
>>40353548
5'6" 130lbs is a woman's size

you need to bulk
>>
>>40353562

I would recommend deloading when you fail to increase your work weight 2 workouts in a row, and then work your way back up following normal LP. Also what >>40353604 said.

Bringing your own plates would be no worse than bringing your own weight belt. Nobody gives a fuck.
>>
>>40353604

Alright fatlet, I'll do my best when it comes. I have my doubts about being able to lift it, but I'll try anyways. If I can't, well, I'll try to go up by a smaller ammount.
>>
File: 1460259642884.png (9KB, 642x345px) Image search: [Google]
1460259642884.png
9KB, 642x345px
>>40353629

Remember this when you're OHPing next time.
>>
Im 6'1 and I weigh roughly 160 lbs. I'm trying to get to 200. I work at a manual labor job so I'm on my feet everyday. My metabolism is through the sky, I can eat high sugars 10x a day, shit, and my weight wasn't affected at all. I'm thinking of switching to a smoothie and protein powder diet with occasional snacking. Anything wrong with this or is there more I could be doing?

Thanks in advance,
StripperPole Anon
>>
>>40344713
Just cut and file them daily so you can't bite them, plus girls like guys who take care of themselves
>>
>>40353654
You don't eat as much as you think you do and your constant activity is the reason you are skinny, not your natural metabolism.
Get and app and track your calories throughout the day. After a few days of tracking start focusing on eating a surplus of calories while lifting, then progressively start focusing on getting a proper balance of macro-nutrients.
>>
>>40353654

OATZ, nigga
>>
>>40344523
What do when you achieve the leg size and strength you wanted but don't want bigger legs?

do I need to stop diddlylifting and squatting? or just stop squatting?
should I embrace bro status? As much as I love my heavy ass squats, they grow too easily
>>
>>40353688
Not enough money for a membership, still working on saving money for a car so gym equipment is on the back burner right now.

Do you know what my calorie count should be at my height+weight?
>>
>>40353761
Read the sticky.
Most calorie counting apps will do that for you after inputting your stats and goals. Or just look for a cheap BMR calculator.
>>
>>40353761
Get MyFitnessPal and it'll do that caloric number work for you
>>
where the fuck can I shop fitness stuff online that is from EUROPE? want a neck harness and other less used shit and cant find it
>>
Are pull ups enough?
I only do pull ups, chin ups, weighted pull ups... to work my back, and I've had sweet gains.
Is any other exercise worth it?
>>
>>40353761
Go to calorie king calorie intake calculator to see how much you need to lose, gain or maintain weight and listen to >>40353779 and input what they say you would under goals and bam. Learn basic understanding of food portions and your set.
>>
File: 1449383746819.jpg (34KB, 489x479px) Image search: [Google]
1449383746819.jpg
34KB, 489x479px
>>40353823
>Is any other exercise worth it?
>mfw
You mean in general? Yes.
You mean for just your back? Yes.
>>
Where can I find informative videos about how nutrients n shit work? I wanna get a better understanding of what sugar, proteins etc do within the body
>>
Adding some weight exercises to my Insanity workout this month. I have a bench and a curl bar.

What four exercises should I do to get the most upper body pump? Also how to focus my bench on pecs more? I have long arms and only feel burn in shoulders.

Thx guys
>>
File: Screenshot_20170212-213705.jpg (223KB, 1194x1568px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170212-213705.jpg
223KB, 1194x1568px
How do I fix my shoulders lagging? Doing SS
>>
>>40353559
> fine to put 2.5 on one side only?

No. no. 1000x no. Don't load the bar unevenly. Stump up the cash for your own fractional plates if your gym won't buy them.

There are different recommended accessory routines to combine with Greyskull LP. Look them up and see which suits you best.

If 2300 isn't making any difference to your weight, 2400 isn't going to make you excessively fat.
>>
Any site/app for calculating what ideal lifting ratios, cardio, etc should be, to help with setting goals
>>
>>40354121

Add some more volume in the form of Lateral Raises 3x8-12, as heavy as you can do them. Do them after your main lifts so as to not fuck with the routine.

Shoulders are a bitch to grow, and you really have to hammer them hard.

>>40354119
>Also how to focus my bench on pecs more? I have long arms and only feel burn in shoulders.

Widen your grip.
>>
File: shoulder_dislocate.jpg (26KB, 770x428px) Image search: [Google]
shoulder_dislocate.jpg
26KB, 770x428px
How the fuck do you do this? I have poor shoulder mobility and can't go past the middle without elbows bending.
>>
>>40354387

Widen your grip
>>
>>40354200
Clarify. From what I think you mean, there is not magic "oh no my gains" ratio between lifting and cardio. It's based entirely on your individual physiology, amount of rest, and diet. You're gonna have to fuck around for a while until you find the right balance.
>>
>>40354210
To hit my pecs durin bench should my elbows stay parallel to my body as I go up and down? Or out at a 45degree angle.
>>
>>40354662

Elbows should be at a 45 degree angle, and forearms should be vertical from all directions at the bottom of the rep.
>>
>>40354387
don't force anything, if you can't do it don't try and tear a rotator cuff or something
>>
had a beer and 2 coffees at lunch 2 hours ago. Will I fuck my shit up if I go lift tonight in another 2 hours?
>>
>>40354712
Thank you so much. One last question I really appreciate it.

My plan is to do month one of Insanity which I have done many times and pause the video or do a set of lifts while certains exercises that I don't like are on. I basically will have time for three sets of four exercises.

Bench 3 x 10
Standing Curls 3x10

I also have a dumbbell. Any what two other simple lifts can I add? How can I work my triceps.

Newbie cardio robot here. Thx
>>
>>40351197
pls respond
>>
>>40354880
If a routine is in the sticky, it's good.
>>
>>40354753
no just don't do cardio
>>
File: image.png (59KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
59KB, 540x360px
Is it normal to feel my glutes being worked during leg curls?
>>
>>40354753
Drink a lot and fuel yourself up with good carbs (if your doet allows)
Then you're good to go
>>
Is my plan alright? I'm coming from SS and want to start volume training

Upper 1
Bench 3x5
Incline Bench 3x12
Chest Supported Row 3x8
Lat Pulldown 3x12
Lateral Raises 3x12
Hammer Curls/Skullcrushers 3x8
Pull Ups 4xFailure

Upper 2
Overhead Press 3x5
Pendlay Rows 3x5
Rear Delts 3x12
Dumbbell Bench 3x8
Dumbbell Flyes 3x12
Dumbbel Curls/Triceps Pull 3x12 SS
Dips 3x8

Lower 1
Squats 3x8
Deadlift 1x5
Standing Calf Raise 3x12
Leg Curl 3x12
Leg Extension 3x12
Seated Calf Raise 3x12

I'm doing 4 days a week, I just do the same lifts for my second lower day. I hate doing super sets, but I had no other way to workout arms that much without spending too much time at the gym.
>>
>>40354998
why not just do PPL (push-pull-legs)?
>>
>>40354812

You'd honestly be better off reading the sticky and doing a proper routine like SS instead of meme shit like Insanity.

But, to answer your question, solid options for triceps are close-grip bench, and tricep extensions.
>>
Just built a home gym and feel the itch to lift heavy every day.

I did deadlifts and some DL accessories yesterday, I workout every day since last monday. Should I rest today or hit up some chest or arm?
>>
>>40355097
Insanity is the shit bro best cardio I have ever had and always helps me shed winter weight each spring.

Thx for the other advice though. I obviously stay the fuck away from the sticky but will def check out the lifts mentioned.
>>
>>40355125

Even if you are alternating muscle groups in a PPL or UL fashion, your body still needs rest (as in no lifting at all) at least once or twice/week
>>
File: gQ7mnC8.jpg (115KB, 1120x1012px) Image search: [Google]
gQ7mnC8.jpg
115KB, 1120x1012px
>>40355189
>I obviously stay the fuck away from the sticky but will def check out the lifts mentioned.
>But I will listen to rando's on a QTDDTOT
Idiot
>>
Does the EC stack cause hair loss? Is there a way to counteract that?
>>
>>40344713
Chew gum.
>>
>>40355220
well fuck :(
>>
How long do noob gains last?
I'm about 5 months in and want to loose a bit of the fat I put on while building muscle, can I do this without loosing muscle and how would I do that?
Also when should I start cutting?
Thanks for any help guys
>>
>>40355505
If your lifts have stalled noob gains are probably done. If you want to cut and you're over 10% BF, then cut. If you don't want to cut and you're over 20% BF, then cut anyway.
>>
>>40355041
I can only go to the gym 4 days a week and PPL is usually 6 days if I'm not mistaken
>>
>>40344523
whats the ideal plank length?
>>
I lost over 60kg and now have to deal with a good amount of loose skin (boobs and belly). Still going to the gym 4d/w but not seeing much effect to reduce it.

1- Currently cutting to get to my desired weight (currently 103, desired is 95kg@6"4'). Will the cut helps reducing the loose skin ?

2-Is any former fatties have advice/recommendations of good compression shirts to "hide" it as much as possible ?
>>
>>40355548

About a minute. You should be squeezing as hard as you fucking can so that one minute fatigues you no matter how strong your abs are.
>>
>>40355566
Treat your skin right with all those girly methods and it will bounce back a very small bit, but not much. Your best bet is to just fill it in with muscle after you're done cutting.
As for shirts, just find a brand and material within your budget. I use shitty discount ones and they are irritating as fuck but they compress nicely.
>>
can someone share an ab routine they've had success with?
>>
>>40355566

Skin takes time to rebound, especially if you lose fat particularly quickly. It could very well take up to a year or two before it's done stretching back. Don't worry about it too much and just keep liftan.
>>
I have never in my life been able to do a pull up

I've lost a lot of weight but still can't do one. What do I need to do?
>>
>>40355615
>>40355649

Alright thanks boys.
>>
>>40355654

Do negatives and lat pulldowns until you can do 1 pullup. From there it's just working on doing more.
>>
>>40355524
Cheers mate, I'll check my bf out tomorrow morning and get on with that.
>>
File: IMG_0275.jpg (16KB, 226x249px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0275.jpg
16KB, 226x249px
Question about Phrak's GSLP

Since it says alternating between OHP/bench and chin-ups/barbell rows, does this mean that you are always going to be doing OHP and chins on the same day and Bench/barbell rows on the same day? or do you alternate between those too? does it even matter which ones you do together on days?
>>
I was in a hurry and looking for whey powder and I accidentally bought some shit that's like "whey powder for her"

what the fuck does that mean does it have estrogen in it or something?

can I still use it?
>>
My buddy suggested:

Mon - Legs
Tues - Chest and tri
Wed - Flexibility and cardio
Thurs - back and bi's
Fri - rest
Sat - cardio light
Sun - rest

On what day do I do shoulders?
>>
File: 486207295.jpg (67KB, 803x216px) Image search: [Google]
486207295.jpg
67KB, 803x216px
Does cardio fix erectile dysfunction?
>>
>>40355916
Really depends on what's causing it in the first place
>>
File: batemansmile.png (171KB, 385x314px) Image search: [Google]
batemansmile.png
171KB, 385x314px
>>40355222
trips of truth
>>
how do i /aesthetics crew/ mode
what's the best aesthetics program basically
>>
File: hightestgirl75.jpg (100KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
hightestgirl75.jpg
100KB, 640x640px
>>40355822
post the nutritional information.

I'm sure it doesn't have estrogen in it, lol, more than likely has less calories/fats/proteins than a regular whey powder
>>
>>40355999
noob?
PPL, moderate weight, high volume. I like doing 3x10.

about a minute and a half rest between sets
>>
I'm happy with my leg size and don't want them to grow any more but I do enjoy squatting
what the fuck do I do here
>>
/fit/, why tf am I always exhausted? It doesn't seem to matter if I get 4 or 10 hours of sleep because I always feel extremely tired throughout the day. What can I do/take for energy?
>>
does walking/hiking do fuck all for muscle growth or is it just cardio? I don't mean walking to my car I mean going on hikes on a mountain path for example.
>>
>>40356162
sleepigntoo much or too low causes that

stress too

low carb diet or low calorie diet too, I've been cutting for a while and getting to those shredded levels and I always feel tired and sometimes easily irritable
>>
File: demboots.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
demboots.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>40356018

who ? where ? how ?

>like I have a chance.
>>
>>40356018
>>
>>40356162
Try keeping a regular sleeping schedule if you don't already

>>40356178
It might especially if you're carrying extra weight and going steep
>>
>>40355806
pls
>>
>>40356193
looks like you just bought really shitty protein powder
>>
File: 1480880443520.jpg (179KB, 819x935px) Image search: [Google]
1480880443520.jpg
179KB, 819x935px
Not getting much traffic to my thread so I'll ask here

Stats:
>200 lbs
>5' 10"
>Mid twenties
>23.5% bf (So, 153 LBM)

Goals:
>Hit 12% bf with highest LBM I can, as fast as I can

Plan:
>Begin Starting Strength (again)
>Eat 1800-2000 kcals a day
>Hit at least 180g of protein a day
>Do intermittent fasting on the 16:8 schedule 6-7 days a week
>Do 20-30 minutes HIIT after every lifting session

Would like to know what /fit/ would change about this plan. Also worth noting I will NOT do keto. Keto sucks a dick and makes me useless. Thanks in advance and a butt for your troubles.
>>
File: hightestgirls6.jpg (323KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
hightestgirls6.jpg
323KB, 1280x960px
>>40356659
I feel like you're gonna burn yourself out

this is a marathon not a sprint
>>
File: 1480140625893.jpg (99KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1480140625893.jpg
99KB, 960x960px
>>40356693
I thought that might be a concern. But I'm already doing the diet part and pretty much doing IF involuntarily cause of school. Maybe I should do the HIIT and save SS for when I'm down to 12% and ready to eat at a surplus? But then again, lifting will help me keep my LBM higher while I'm losing fat.
>>
Random question regarding rice and its macros

So i found a bag of rice that claims to have around 12g of carbs per 50g (1/4 of a cup) which is fucking good because that means i can eat half a cup everyday and not go over my 25g limit (keto)

Weird thing is almost any other brand of white rice has almost double the carbs, a quarter of a cup of generic white rice on myfitnesspal has around 30 carbs just by itself

Is my brand juking me? if not how is this possible? you can look it up on mfp it's called schettino (spanish brand)
>>
>>40356659
When you cut you won't have many muscle, but it will be surely better than being fat. Anyway i got some advice:

>Remember to adjust your daily calories every 3-4lb lost, otherwise you will get stuck.
As you lose mass, wheter it's muscle or fat, your body burn less calories, so you need to calculate TDEE again. Also i hope 1800-2000 is the result of more than 1 TDEE calculator and not just a number you chose, cause that would be retarded
>IF is cool and i like it, but remember it goes well with carb cicling, making lifting days the days you eat more carbs and less fats and rest days the opposite. also if training fasted don't forget BCAA or whey pre workout, and remember that the post-wo meal have to be the largest and with the most carb and pro.
>DON'T do HIIT after lifting.
I mean, you can do that, but that would be too much if you lift seriously. I honestly get more tired from HIIT than from the gym, so i do it on rest days. Also doing both lifting and HIIT would create a huge difference in calories burned in rest days and training days.

>Don't forget to make at least a week of normo caloric after 6-8 weeks of ipocaloric diet. This is because your metabolism will slow down as you cut, and it will become harder and harder to lose fat, as your catecolamines and cortisol levels become skyhigh.

Also make a refeed based on carbs from time to time, it helps with energy.

Good luck brah
>>
>>40356731
Don't eat rice on Keto you fucking mongol.

The 20-25g net carbs is to account for the carbs in vegetables and the occasional bit of sugar in things.

You will knock yourself out of keto eating any rice.
>>
>>40356734
Maybe I should just do some LISS after my workout then and forget the HIIT altogether? Or will HIIT on off days be much more beneficial?

Also, if I do LISS or HIIT, how long should I go? And for HIIT is starting off with a 2:1 rest/workout ratio ok if I'm just starting out? Or should I go straight to 1:1?

When answering all of these keep in mind the main goal here is of course fat loss.
>>
>>40349907

You can do an accessory hypertrophy set after your routine is finish if you are worried someone saying you look small.
>>
>Pain when squatting in the back
>On the right side of my back, from about the mid of my back down to the small

Fuck, could hardly do squats. But working through the motion even at a low weight I think helped some.
>>
in a bar/club, is "hey whatsup" a good opening line?
>>
What's better for transforming moobs: peck deck machine vs chest press machine?

My office has an executive style gym, therefore the machines and no true bench press
>>
>>40356997
Pullovers.

Theres probably a pullover machine there.
>>
>>40357029
There is not, unfortunately.

Also, misspoke: pec fly machine, not pec deck.
>>
If I eat IF from 8am-4pm and do cardio at 8pm when should I take yohminbine to avoid insulin?

Also I lift early in the morning, is one scoop (25g of protons) 30 min before a work out enough to get me though it?
>>
>>40357095
Well just do both then. Best way to get rid of manboobs though is to just lower your body fat %
>>
>>40357129
Got it, thanks.
>>
What's the best beginner tricep exercise?
>>
I need to put carbs back into my diet for a couple weeks before cutting again. I don't really feel great after eating whole grains like pasta, etc.

Is it OK just to eat a couple of spoonfuls of caramel with an apple? (that's about all the carbs I need.)
>>
>People eating rice
>when they could be eating the superior Spatzle

double the protein of rice, same calories, and wont boost your estrogen.
>>
How important is incorporating a lower back exercise?

Beginner
>>
>>40357250
kickbacks

>>40357115
8 am yohimbine with cardio

lift at 8 am

one scoop + some simple carbs between 4-8 is good
>>
>>40357328
Rice increases estrogen? I know it decreases DHT.

>>40357396
You're fine as long as you are deadlifting
>>
>>40357325
Yeah man that's fine
>>
>>40357412

how do you think Asians become so twinky?
>>
>>40357412
I am not deadlifting

>>40356997
>My office has an executive style gym, therefore the machines and no true bench press
>>
>>40357435
I mean I guess if you downregulate 5-ar you increase the amount of test that can be aromatized.

>>40357445
Ah I see. Well if you don't have a back extension machine, then don't really worry about it. Just hit your rows and pulldowns even if they're silly machines
>>
>>40357473
Thanks!
>>
Assuming 1 mile at X pace is 150 calories

If someone ran a half mile, walked 5 min, then ran the next half mile (all running at X pace)

Would he burn 155-160 calories due to the walking adding some or 100-125 due to less overall heart rate
>>
best workout for upper inner chest? i have a big void there compared to the rest of it.
>>
I have 1.37 lbs of raw hamburg. What do I do with it? I want it to last at least a few days because I'd rather not blow those six bucks in one night.
>>
>>40357533
It's all a guesstimate anyways pal. I would say somewhere in middle if not damn near the same. Assume 30 people did it we would all burn different amounts.

How do I get my wife to ok me buying a power rack. Told her we couldn't go on vacation so I could use extra money to fix up a room in house. She about shit when I told her I also would like to drop 1 grand on a rack
>>
>>40357596
It's more important to understand concepts that you can apply to your execution than copying exercises. The function of the clavicular head is to adduct the humerus while the shoulder is in flexion. So you have to find movements, with varying ranges of motion, that you can load against this action.

The problem with bilateral movements for the chest is that it's difficult to get a full contraction since the other arm gets in the way. The problem with unilateral movements for the chest is that it's hard to load a large range of motion because of mechanical inefficiencies.

That being said, landmine press.
>>
>>40357642
thanks anon.
>>
>>40357601

Make a burrito bowl. Less burrito, more greens and onions.
>>
>>40355806
pls help
>>
File: cuck.jpg (34KB, 298x444px) Image search: [Google]
cuck.jpg
34KB, 298x444px
>>40357622
is this you
>>
File: 0mhiAQR.png (388KB, 493x750px) Image search: [Google]
0mhiAQR.png
388KB, 493x750px
1. redpill me on "bro splits"

2. is it possible to bulk, gain muscle, without also gaining fat?

thank you friends
>>
File: IMG_20170210_235006.jpg (2MB, 4048x3036px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170210_235006.jpg
2MB, 4048x3036px
>>40355524

Is this accurate? You should start cutting at 20%?

I'm skinnyfat DYEL, 6'1" and 184lbs, just picked up SL and I'm eating hard. A calculator said I'm ~20%, so I'm wondering if I should cut before starting to gain. Any advice?
>>
>>40357841
Not him but personally i would recomp for awhile, you dont have enough muscles to justify a proper cut.
>>
>>40344523
for swimming do this 2 or 3 times a week:
chins 3xF
squat 3x5
press 3x5
deadlift 1x5

when you can't progress the press every workout start alternating it with bench. same with deadlifts and cleans. feel free to weight the chin ups too.
>>
>>40357876
I'll re-read the sticky with that approach in mind, thank you.

But briefly, recomp means eating at maintenance while trying to maintain linear progression, correct?
>>
Started running on the treadmill, seems most of the time i'm stopping from pain in calves and shins pretty quickly instead of exhaustion, is there something i'm doing wrong?
>>
File: 1486671498954.jpg (170KB, 700x936px) Image search: [Google]
1486671498954.jpg
170KB, 700x936px
Alright lads I've been spending the last few months counting calories and have lost about 20 pounds. Today I realized I dont know how the fuck calories work. Why does a gram of cheese have more calories than a gram of lettuce. When you say something has 300 calories are you basically saying that after the digestive process you will have gained a net 300 kcal, so macronutrients that are easier for the body to break down will leave you with higher net calories?
t. retard
>>
>>40357922
ye
>>
>>40357935
calories are a unit of energy. if you eat 1,000 calories you get 1,000 energy to "spend". If you don't spend it all the remainder will be stored as fat. sugary shit therefore obviously always has shit loads of calories.
>>
File: Rash.jpg (48KB, 398x400px) Image search: [Google]
Rash.jpg
48KB, 398x400px
Whats /fits/ favorite rice?
>>
>>40357935
different types of (in this instance specifically dietary) molecules have different amounts of energy that your body can extract from them. for example a simple fat unit is not the same, energetically speaking, as a simple protein unit, because they contain different amounts of energy and because your body extracts the energy in different ways.

different foods are made up of different proportional combinations of these different dietary molecules, and so have different quantities of extractable energy.

that's a superficial as I can put it.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170213-025646.png (149KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170213-025646.png
149KB, 1080x1920px
I'm hitting my proteins every day, but on most days most of my energy comes from fat, is this bad?
>>
>>40358104
Thanks, that makes sense. I tried googling it and got a bunch of HAES shit
>>
File: sigge rippe.jpg (31KB, 446x466px) Image search: [Google]
sigge rippe.jpg
31KB, 446x466px
So I'm trying to get stronger. Been doing SS for a few weeks and seeing great results. I'm currently on a 3300 calorie diet (with A LOT of protein). Is this too much? Too little? Back when I ate like a normal person and lifted, I basically saw no progress. The added calories are definitely the cause of my numbers going up recently, but is 3300 going to make me a fat fuck if I'm doing just SS and some warmup?
>>
>>40344523
What are they on?
no visible side effects?
and how do i get some?
>>
>>40357807
Yes because spending a grand+ while being married without talking it over makes you a cuck. Tell me again how long you have been single.
>>
I've asked this already but didn't get a clear answer. As someone 4 months into SS should I switch from high-bar squats to low-bar squats? I tried low bars and feel like I get more muscles involved. The only problem I have at the moment is keeping the bar in place.
>>
When training for strength should I be eating at maintenance TDEE or above? My current TDEE is ~2400 cals.
>>
>>40358595
Are you trying to get stronger or not? If yes, eat above. If no, below to cut weight.
>>
So I'm new and currently cutting; everytime I drink a protein shake, I feel like throwing up. Is this normal?
>>
Serious question fit, am I gay if I bang a tranny?
>>
>>40354908
pls respond
>>
>>40344523
Will stop drinking alcohol make me leaner?
>>
>>40358935
pls respond
>>
>>40358372
anyone?
>>
>>40358935
yes
>>
File: DSC_0763.jpg (3MB, 1960x1102px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0763.jpg
3MB, 1960x1102px
I'm a college wrestler, season just ended. I'm 165 right now, probably close to 15%BF. Rest of the team is now in off season, bulking. Should I bulk with them, or get my summer cut on?
>>
Is it ok to take 50-100mg of caffeine before running using the c25k program? I want to do this twice a week while on a pplx routine
>>
>>40359287
Yes, switch. Bring your grip in, make a back pussy, and pull that fucker down hard

>>40359334
Yeah as long as you don't shit yourself while running
>>
Is the following enough to work out the chest adequately for mass?

Bench press 4x8
Inclined press 4x8
Decline press 4x8
Flyes 3x12
Inclined Flyes 3x12
>>
>>40359612
Oh and I should add doing it twice a week
>>
>>40358836
Yes
>>
File: butt-wink.jpg (60KB, 600x619px) Image search: [Google]
butt-wink.jpg
60KB, 600x619px
What can I do to improve hip mobility? I can't do a slav squat without falling backwards and I either have buttwink or end up leaning forward while squatting because my posterior chain wont stretch into the hole. I've started doing RDLs to help this but my lower back still ends up feeling stiff. I've also thought about doing some yoga... are there any other mobility techniques to get good hip flexibility?
>>
>>40360462
Stretch your hamstrings.
>>
>>40360462

hang urself
>>
File: 1472892619654.jpg (120KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1472892619654.jpg
120KB, 500x500px
>>40357810
pls respond
>>
>>40362050
>2. is it possible to bulk, gain muscle, without also gaining fat?
yes technically it is possible. but in my experience people who tries and advice that are always small dyels. and i never ever saw one of them getting bigger.
>>
>>40353337

a million times yes
>>
>TFW got sick 3 times over the course of 2 months
How the fuck do I fight off this gains goblin and prevent it from returning?
>>
what is the equivalent of 1/2/3/4 for females?
>>
>>40362657
I've found taking multi's help me a ton with never feeling ill (also drink like 80fl of of water a day)... I take 2 optimum nutrition vitamins before I sleep
>>
>>40362702
Quarter pound of raw garlic every day.
>>
>>40362734
meant for >>40362657
>>
File: cut.jpg (28KB, 811x456px) Image search: [Google]
cut.jpg
28KB, 811x456px
cut or bulk
>>
med student so I dont get too much free time to lift but for the past year I've been going on average 2 times a week, occasionally 3. Is this enough?
>>
>>40362771
Depends on your goals, strength or asethics, short term, long term. Can go either way, up to you
>>
>>40362673
.1/.2/.3/.4
>>
>>40362779

4/2/4

6'3 218-225lbs, I could bulk up to 250 and then cut? Im running powerlifting program with big addition of upper body hypetrophy
>>
>>40362787
If you want to be bigger then you are going to have to get big sometime. I wouldn't blast off to 250, but adding 1-2(absolute tops) pounds will take roughly 2 years to get to 250. Assuming you don't fuck anything up, you could cut back down to 210-215 and be ripped, but at that point you are 2.5-3 years out.
>>
File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
I bench 105kg, squat 150kg and press 50kg but I can barely curl 16kg dumbbells for 5 and I've been trying on and off for nearly a year

Is this normal? What's a decent number for curls and what are some likely reasons I'm still dogshit at them?
>>
>>40362771
Cut, obviously. Unless you 100% don't care about how you look.
>>
File: 1477224822238.jpg (696KB, 2007x1304px) Image search: [Google]
1477224822238.jpg
696KB, 2007x1304px
>>40357810
>1. redpill me on "bro splits"
They're fine, as are full body. In my experience they're one of the most truely subjective things in lifting and everyone is different.

>2. is it possible to bulk, gain muscle, without also gaining fat?
Yes, particularly in your first couple months of lifting. After that it's still theoretically possible but practically virtually impossible. It's also far, far less efficient.
>>
>>40362911
see
>I've been trying on and off for nearly a year
Get some dedication faggot
>>
Can I do two consecutive workouts on 531 during deload week? I did squats yesterday, and it would ease up my schedule if I could get bench press done today. Since it's deload week I don't feel particularly taxed.
>>
Why is the 5th rep on OHP so fucking hard
>>
https://youtu.be/wbXMzTi5_QQ
https://youtu.be/jKsHGm65a4Q
Can I get a form check?
>>
File: IMG_1417.jpg (16KB, 249x201px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1417.jpg
16KB, 249x201px
How to not fuck up your rotator cuffs on bench and ohp?

How to also add flexibility to the shoulders and hip
>>
>>40364495
>How to not fuck up your rotator cuffs on bench and ohp?
Remember that the most natural movement of your shoulder is to actually rotate in the cup. Keep your elbows tucked during both movements. Also some shoulder strengthening exercises like dislocations, lateral raises, hitlers, and the one where your forearm is perpendicular and you swing out and in with a db can help out.

>How to also add flexibility to the shoulders and hip
If its tight hammies, RDLs. If its tight hip muscles, stretching and goblet squatz. I'd ask this in /plg/ because I have the same issue with hip flexibility and they are pretty knowledgeable about that kinda stuff
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.