[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how did you manage to quit smoking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1308079089001.png (218KB, 600x579px)
1308079089001.png
218KB, 600x579px
and how many times you failed?
>>
>>40341310
Smoked 1-2 packs a day for 10yrs+

Went from cigarettes to dip to nicotine gum to patches to nothing. Took about a year.

Haven't used nicotine for 5 years now.
>>
>>40341310

Replaced it with lifting, cardio, cooking & eating clean, green tea, & meditation.
>>
>>40341310
Still trying been doing it for 7yrs, using Bupropion (Fuck that chantix shit), down to less than 5 a day from a pack and half been using cardio, and caffeine to stave off cravings at their worst.
>>
Smoked for about 5 years, 1-2 packs a day. Got tired of always feeling like shit, so I smoked my last cigarette, made it taste like shit and just quit. Haven't smoked in maybe 1.5-2 years, and think about it maybe once every two weeks for 5 seconds. I don't plan to smoke ever again. Btw I still feel like shit every day.
>>
Learned to smoke at the bars. Got to an easy pack a day. Sometimes pack and a half. Was to unhealthy to exercise so slowly gained weight. Went for a run. And couldn't breathe. So I quit. Started running everyday to get used to using my lungs. Hard to smoke when just earlier you were out of breathe
>>
Do sprints.
>>
File: vapelord.png (431KB, 556x644px) Image search: [Google]
vapelord.png
431KB, 556x644px
>>40341310
am I one of the lucky ones?

I smoke like 2-3 cigarettes a day and each time I do it the nicotine hits me nice and hard. Although I definitely have a ritual of doing it at certain times (before bed, after working out), I never crave them or even really think about them during the course of a day. Occasionally I'll forget to even have them when I usually do if I'm caught up in something.

Been doing this for months and months. Can I keep it up? I've been very careful not to smoke too much because I don't want to get addicted. I almost don't understand how people do get addicted to nicotine.. I jones harder for a can of diet soda then I do for a smoke, and I haven't drunk a can of diet soda in weeks. Done with soda altogether.
>>
>smoke a pack a week for a whole summer
>live in New England
>November comes around and it's cold at night
>stop forever
>only smoke sometimes when I drink with charity butts
>>
>>40343529

Nicotine is chemically addictive af, even compared to "hard shit"

I started like you, but then I started stress smoking. That was my downfall into being a regular smoker.

But op: Quit with patches + vape, now I'm solely vape naesh. Still addicted, 21mg, and moving that number down over time. Cutting each fill with an extra drop of 0mg every week. Slow and steady
>>
>>40342052
this
>>
>>40343592
>winter kills urge
it's true
I smoked 100 grams a week last summer.
Got sick. Stopped for a week.
Learned that it will affect my health without possible recovery. Quit cold turkey when it got cold.
Never smoked tabacco. only weed once a month.
>>
>>40341310

Was pack a day when I quit, had smoked for a little short of 10 years. Had probably tried 10+ times.

I replaced it with calisthenics and nicotine spray. At first I was using a ton of spray and doing pushups/squats/planks/(also archery) daily. Also started a new job at the same time, so new beginnings on multiple levels.

Over time I backed off on the spray, reduced workout frequency (also went over to an actual routine) and started eating more. A bit under a year later I'm still off the cigarettes and up from a lean 65kg to a lean 75kg (6'0").

So yeah, nicotine replacement, distraction, organising your time and having related goals.
>>
I'd always just go for a walk when I felt I needed a ciggy. I couldn't stand walking and smoking at the same time + walking is a lot more satisfying I found
>>
>>40342159
feel like shit how? You can't be still craving them after 1.5-2 years without nicotine, surely?
>>
>>40343981
you smoked 1/2 oz everyday lol, I call bullshit
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.