[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just started lifting and had terrible back pain. Found out I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Just started lifting and had terrible back pain.
Found out I have 39 degree scoliosis

am I RIP before I even started?
>>
Scoliosis can be fixed
>>
>>40340086
I have pretty bad scoliosis myself. I do compound lifts and it actually makes my pain go away. I also try to do lots of stretching, foam rolling, and yoga poses to try and realign and straighten myself. I'm too old and broke for surgery. You'll never even out totally but you can do things to isolate the weaker side and make it stronger. I had to do a lot of playing with foot position in my stances til I feel more or less equal effort from, say, both erectors.
>>
>>40340086
How the fuck can you not know you have scoliosis before you start lifting
>>
>>40341278
To be fair, with the OP pic it could be hard to tell by yourself since it bends both ways. Someone could grow up just think they have a short torso.
>>
>>40341241
Backfag here. This guy gets it. In the meantime, axial loading of the spine is your first-class ticket to Slip City. You will have to decide how far you want to push that envelope but if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't even THINK about OHP or DL for now.

Good news is if you do all the right shit Anon says here, you will be able to DL and OHP safely one day and make it.

>40% anterior compression fracture L3
>multiple herniated discs
>>
>>40341377
i also have scoliosis and i can do ohp fine, but can't go really hard on it. remember, squeeze your glutes

DL is impossible for me with anything more than 70kg though, due to scoliosis, golfer's elbow, and right knee tendinitis
>>
>>40341303
And never had an x-ray before?
>>
>>40340230
For a minor degree, yes. Beyond that you need a surgery to fix it
>>
File: lamar.png (624KB, 571x611px) Image search: [Google]
lamar.png
624KB, 571x611px
Lamar Gant was a deadlift record holder for quite some time afaik.

His scoliosis was a lot worse than yours.
>>
>>40340086
I have Scheuermann's Kyphosis. It's going to need surgery either now or when I get old. Constant pain, 5/10.

Take it fucking slow. You know your body. Stretch, foam roll, do planks, eat good, rest.

>x-ray's show one vertebrae that is shaped almost like a triangle.
>Favorite lifts, DL, OHP, squats.
>Lifts that made backpain worse; Bench
>years ago someone told me to keep my head up about my back on fit
>i love you bros
>>
>>40342082
+1 dem feelz. I had a bad free climbing fall and RUI (heavy packs on an a 34 day icefield traverse) the same year in my early 20's. Ten years ago, I found this place and a local cert'd SS coach, and it's been tits to the wind ever since. Biggest setback was almost a year after going too low and rounding on a PR. Waiting sucked but I learned yoga during that time and wish I'd started there. You can make it, OP. Impeccable form, don't rush, profit!
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.