[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it normal for my lifts to decrease a bit while cutting? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Is it normal for my lifts to decrease a bit while cutting? I was benching my bodyweight for 7 reps 2 weeks ago but today I was only able to do 5 (after doing two other sets of 5). Gonna try again here in a few minutes just to see what I can rep out when I'm not tired. Thoughts?
>>
>>40336649
Yes it is normal ya big tard
>>
>>40336649
Of course, it's harder to maintain lifts when you eat less than you're used to. Lifting is as much physical as it is mental, and if you're not in the right mindset because you're more hungry than normal or not as energised then your lifts can suffer from that. Also you're probably losing a slight bit of muscle mass if you're cutting, since no cut can really be perfect, so that is probably also adding to it
>>
>>40336649
Yes, you'll notice less energy and lost gains on a cut, so try to minimize loss by not cutting too fast.
>>
>>40336649
not if you program properly
>>
>>40336649
>Is it normal for my lifts to decrease while cutting?
Yes. Depending on how advanced you are and how much of a deficit you're in, lifting in a cut is more about minimizing how much you lose than actually gaining.
>>
>>40336649
I wonder why "common sense" isn't very common...

you're cutting down on fat and some muscle mass. of course you're gonna lose strength.
>>
>>40336723
So, how should I program properly?
>>
>>40336735
your MRV is going to drop a bit so lower overall volume but keep the intensity up, id probably go to 60% of your normal volume and find your new MRV. I kind of prefer upping frequency and keeping volume really low per session, like 1-3 sets 5x a week, overall the volume stays decently low but you can hit some heavy weights since you aren't doing much per workout.
Also people vastly overestimate how much muscle mass you lose while cutting, even at high deficits, like 1000cals .
>>
>>40336758
this this this this
>>
>>40336649
prime example of losing gains because of 7 rep sets
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.