[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

cheat days

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 11

File: IMG_9807.jpg (528KB, 1425x1779px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9807.jpg
528KB, 1425x1779px
How often do you eat a "cheat meal" or take a "cheat day"? Once a month i'll eat a pint of ben and jerrys or i'll eat a pizza or something. Don't even know why I do it, makes me feel disgusting. But it's winter and I wanna get bigger so I could use the calories.

How do you feel about this stuff fit?
>>
>february
>cutting
>>
I've just smashed two pizzas and two bottles of red wine.

I cheat once a week but I'm usually clean bulking so the odd day of dirty bulking doesn't bother me
>>
I've had like 20-25 grams of fat today tops. I'm getting icecream too
>>
i eat maintenance on sundays which on IF is already a huge binge

always includes 1000kcal box of ritz crackers. hot niggers i love crackers
>>
File: 1468864181914.jpg (38KB, 499x660px) Image search: [Google]
1468864181914.jpg
38KB, 499x660px
>>40332731
>mfw just ordered a pizza

I have a cheat pretty much once a week too lately. I'm cutting though but it seems to make little difference on my progress. As long as I still have ab veins, I don't give a fuck.
>>
I've never understood how people can have all that sugar without vomiting. Makes me nauseous.
Same as seeing chocolate over chocolate over chocolate with extra layers of chocolate and a chocolate icecream on top.

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT THE WHOLE POINT OF SWEETS IS TO GIVE YOUR TASTE BUDS A NICE LITTLE TOUCH, NOT TO DROWN THEM IN THEM.
>>
File: 1419153461510.jpg (7KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
1419153461510.jpg
7KB, 228x221px
>gonna buy large bag of m&ms tomorrow

just try and ducking stop me you sons a biscuits

>will still keep a deficit
>>
Once a week, but sometimes I'll eat garbage if I go out with friends after a night of drinking. Usually have a pizza with a pop and if I'm feeling extra fat a Rolo Blizzard from Dairy Queen. Pretty sure I've ruined my gains with beer....but whatever. My gf still thinks im Strong :/. It's nice just to workout. Also feel like I'm making progress after just starting stronglifts.
>>
>>40332682
On my 'cheat' days i basically fast all day then eat like an asshole for dinner, pizza,wings, diet pop
>>
I eat what I want whenever I want. Been eating clean lately just because it makes me feel better. I'll binge a couple times a week on pizza, ice cream, Mexican food, whatever.
I don't track calories or macros. Ama
>>
>>40332682
Every day probably. I eat potato chips and nutella every day
>>
Im a sugar addict and I eat some kind of sweet treat almost everyday, usually a few cookies or a candy bar or something.

I try to balance it out with cardio, I would say it say it has worked decently well, I know my gains would def be better if I stopped though.
>>
>>40335292

Kill yourself you weak willed shit
>>
Three cheat meals a week
I would go too crazy if I gave myself a whole day
>>
>>40333895
can you post a pic of your body
>>
My TDEE is 3k+ so I can fit a lot of things in there (having a slice of pizza or a burger isn't going to kill my cut). However I'm going on vacation soon, so I'll cheat a bit then.
>>
>>40335729
Cringe

Fatty trying to make it here but I cheat day too often, how do you get the willpower brehs
>>
>>40333895
bf%?
>>
>>40337303

>willpower

what is this

just do IF and you can fit whatever cheat thing you want in to your night time feast
>>
>>40337761
THIS!
currently doing IF and its great
>>
File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
Never because the whole concept is for manchildren with shitty dietary habits

Eat sweets and junkfood all you like, just fit them into your macros and stop being childish and retarded about it
>>
>>40337761

Yeah because IF changes the fact that every known thing in the universe follows the 1st law of thermodynamics

It doesn't matter what diet you follow, just count your calories you fat nigger
>>
>>40332682
what is that in OP picture? looks really good
>>
>>40338839
Looks like chocolate, marshmallow and like a flapjack or granola of some kind

Probably what americans call smores
>>
cheat days mean you are a weak-willed pussy
no exceptions
>>
>>40338884
thank god i don't live in america because i would probably be on 600 lbs life because of my sweet tooth
>>
File: smore.jpg (172KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
smore.jpg
172KB, 400x300px
>>40339016
The best part about s'mores is that to make them decent you need to be out camping deep in the woods, so they're more of a rare treat. Making them in a microwave or in a backyard cheapens them.
>>
Birthday tomorrow so it`ll be natural Cheat day - with Pizza, Cake, multiple cooked dishes and stuff.
>>
File: 1470173542675.jpg (83KB, 715x537px) Image search: [Google]
1470173542675.jpg
83KB, 715x537px
>>40338769
Every fucking cheat meal thread there's always some autist who thinks he's too hardcore for fun.
>>
>>40338950
See >>40339649

You're not getting shredded for Olympia. You're not trying to maintain a weigh tclass for a meet. You're a fucking nerd who likes to pick up barbells as a hobby. Lighten the fuck up.
>>
>>40332730
not OP but my metabolic rate seems to be quick as fuck, i can lose fat real quick, so I dont have to start cutting all that fast.

it might be bro science but it really is not a problem for me to just lose a bit of fat (and muscle lol)
>>
File: 1479973162044.jpg (91KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1479973162044.jpg
91KB, 720x960px
>>40332919
>just try and ducking stop me you sons a biscuits
kekd on the autocorrect
>>
>>40332682
Do keto. So once a month. However it takes awhile to enter keto after a heavy carb cheat so that is all I can afford. Last cheat day was large pizza, soda, large cookie, brownie, and godly lamb masala.

It isn't so bad as normal keto diet is pretty leinant and I got a lot of carb free sub food.
>>
>>40339649
>Interpreting what I said as meaning I don't eat what I want because muh precious cheat days concept
Top yourselves. Eat all the shit you want, stop calling them cheat days like neckbeards.
>>
>>40339740
reves eats Pizza with fork and knife
>degenerated
>>
>>40332682
I eat stuff I enjoy everyday while bulking and cutting.

But every once and awhile I will go out to eat. or I will have a bowl of ice cream that doesnt go over my calories.
>>
>>40332682
Everyday
>>
>IF 6/18
>once in a week
>Next day i eat nothing but water and air
>>
>>40339925
It's a good way to eat it if you're a fat fuck because it takes so long that you get bored and feel more full because of how fucking long you just spent eating a pizza.
>>
Once a week I buy a bag of candy or a pint of ice cream and eat them. I do pretty much cardio on top of Texas Method so it doesnt have that big of an impact on my body composition but it is a disgusting habit anyway which I need to ditch.
>>
didn't buy the m&ms lads, was a qt at checkout and i would've felt a right plonker buying just them

someone is looking out for me
>>
>>40339957
I missed meal is just as bad as a cheat meal, lad.
>>
>>40332682
Cheat days are fucking retarded. They have fucking SLAIN me. My cheat days mostly happen on the weekend due to boredom/depression and completely annihilate any progress I made. I've started doing EC stack on weekends and it kind of helps but god damn I wish I wasn't depressed and wanted to do stuff.
>>
>>40332682
Once a week, maybe? I only have time to hang out with my friends on weekends and we get some beers or wine; sometimes we go to restaurants. However, this cheat day it's never intentional; I don't keep in mind that I "deserve" a cheat day.
>>
>>40335921
No. I'm 180/185 lbs. I don't look great, but I don't look bad either. My lifts are 265 bench, 335 squat, 425 dead. One rep maxes.
>>40337744
Probably somewhere around 15 to 17%
>>
Unlike most people here, I have cheat days because I enjoy them. I love the taste of sugar in my mouth. One of the best feelings a man could have is tasting a well prepared dessert.

Then I usually follow up the next day by eating 600 calories or less.
>>
>>40332682
Never. I eat what I want when I want, but I'm not into fast food, candy/snacks or soda so it works out.

There is a burger place (not McDonalds/BK-tier or a franchise, just a local place) that has a really good bacon cheeseburger and fries that I don't mind eating if anyone asks, but I don't buy from there on my own accord.
>>
>>40332682
i do it once a week. Yesterday I ate a whole pizza and a bunch of chips/cookies. i resume my diet the next day and end up in the negative by the next cheat day. I feel super gross the next day, but this helps me add more weight to my lifts.
>>
>>40340152
Oh 5'9" manlet btw.
>>
>>40335292
I'm also a sugar addict desu
But when I finally cut out "bad" sugars it was such a significant change. What I did was I said "Okay, self-anon. You can have as much dessert as you like. BUT. The only dessert you can have is fruit."

Now you might be saying to yourself "fruit is for faghots, is nasty, is not the same as pint of chocolate fudge ice." That's true but it did still work for me, it made my eating really clean and I ended up not even eating that much fruit. I'd still have like a small chocolate bar every week or so.
>>
File: 9KaGtN6.jpg (189KB, 800x1827px) Image search: [Google]
9KaGtN6.jpg
189KB, 800x1827px
>>40332682
On cuts? Never. So right now I dont get to have a cheat day as I am cutting down for warm weather.

After I am done I will probably do a cheat day every 2 weeks. Most likely it will be me drinking shots and having some cake or some shit.

I miss drinking a lot while on cut. I never get drunk just a buzz, 3 shots of vodka buzz and enjoy a movie or game or reading.

On cut nadda.
>>
>>40338884
Loool
>flapjack
(we call those pancakes)
>granola

It's graham crackers. They taste great when you're < 10 years old and dip them in milk.
>>
>>40340246
That picture is fucking disgusting
>>
>>40340246
Tuna loaf looks fucking disgusting, and I'll eat tuna with pretty much everything
>>
Yeah, I sometimes do but then again it's through cheesecake whcih has a lot of protein in it, 900 kcla for a whole cake and innit 140g prot. Tastes good and I dont have to really worry if i eat the whole cake in 2 dais
>>
>>40339665
>what is discipline
You actually, unironically, will never make it.
>>
File: 1450315306756.jpg (46KB, 720x554px) Image search: [Google]
1450315306756.jpg
46KB, 720x554px
>>40340793
>muh discipline

I've been working out religiously without fail for 4 years and eat clean 90% of my life.

You are actually, unironically autistic.
>>
Senpai's please recommend or provide a link to a high protein diet. I want to lower my bf% without sacrificing gains.
>>
>>40340860
>90%
Refer to >>40340793.
>>
File: 1486584417587.jpg (47KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1486584417587.jpg
47KB, 499x499px
>>40332730
>not getting ready for spring break
>>
>>40340239
Yeah I do that as well. Greek yogurt with fruit and granola is fantastic. You will never want to eat ice cream again
>>
>>40341164
Spring break is still an event? I thought that died with mtv. Celebrating it I mean. Obviously schools still have it.
>>
>>40332682
>BEING SUCH A SHIT COOK THAT YOU NEED A "CHEAT DAY"
>>
>>40338828

>counting calories
>not instinctively knowing how much to eat when cutting or bulking

Like animals we are, all of us, animals. And like animals, we need to rely on our gut, not on calculators or math.
>>
>>40332682
people often equate cheat-day with stuffing themselves with as much of their favourite food and snacks as they can fit in without throwing any back up.
In that sense, i don't have cheat days.

I only keep track of my calories while i have specific goals in mind.
The rest of the time i'm keeping track through rough estimates and sticking to a normal meal schedule. 2-3 meals a day, fruit, nuts and veggies as snacks. Sometimes a meal is replaced by munching chips. I never mindlessly indulge in extra meals or servings.
>>
>>40341867
>T. LIVES IN THE WILD WITH NO CLOTHES ON
>>
>>40340117
Hello me. Not this weekend pal. Think of your depression just like you think of your bad cheat day habit. If you control your cheat day habit, than you'll depression habit will control itself.

It's a mental trap you've gotten yourself into because you're afraid of what will happen if you're fully disciplined.
>>
Started getting fit about two weeks ago now, had my first cheat, ordered pizza and got drunk, funny thing was it didnt feel as good as it used to, am I broken now? is there only fit?
>>
>>40343415
yeah, because before you could eat shit with no repercussions. now, when you eat shitty food, you ruin at least a few days of work you put in.
>>
File: 1472419516458.jpg (60KB, 704x528px) Image search: [Google]
1472419516458.jpg
60KB, 704x528px
>tfw cheat month just ended
>>
>>40343571
That makes sense, I told myself I'd go to the gym tomorrow, it looks like I a basically going to go nearly everyday, but then again, if I have the energy for it it can't be that bad right? I feel like I have a pretty quick recovery time, I dont really ever feel super sore after coming back from the gym or waking up the day after
>>
>>40332682
Having a regular cheat day is a sign of not going to make it. We all put our strict diets aside every now and then, but it should never be a regular thing. I ate crisps yesterday, but it fit my macros though.
>>
>>40343596
from my experience, DOMS work like this.

First few weeks: aching muscles a day after workouts.

After first few weeks: no DOMS at all, feel like you can train every day no problem.

Reaching heavier lifts (around 2 plate squat): DOMS come back, but feel different. it's a stiffness more than a pain.

you can go to the gym whenever you feel like it. some /fit/izens will warn you form overtraining, but i think that is a concern for athletes rather than us hobby lifters.
>>
>>40339925
Barbarian spotted
>>
>>40343619
This.

Even my "cheat" days still fit into my weekly macro schedule.
>>
>>40343627
DOMS??? Sorry, I am new

And yeah, I dont think I have to worry about over training, I do about 45 mins / 1 hour at the gym, and I do a pretty even split between cardio and lifting session, I just do enough that a feel tired at the end
>>
>>40343675
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed_onset_muscle_soreness

read the sticky, too m8
>>
>>40332682
Every meal

Every day

Permabulk for life

Going for polar bear hibernation mode
>>
>>40343694
I gave it a skim, I'll give it a proper read
>>
Once a month, I'm still losing weight and putting on muscle one year after I started.

Fuck the haters, I'm making it with cheat days.
>>
>>40332919
PB M&Ms in the 400g bags are the death of me. Like 2000kcal and can absolutely go to town on them.

I think I'm gonna get a donair tonight. I'm only at 1000kcal so far on the day so even a huge one won't kill my cut.
>>
>>40340215
5'11 180lbs here. Your pretty fat, and I'm at about 13%bf
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.