[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is wrong with me /fit/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Sad_Pepe.png (65KB, 1092x1037px) Image search: [Google]
Sad_Pepe.png
65KB, 1092x1037px
I have been doing calisthenics for 2 years, and just tried to bench 110 lbs for the first time and could only do 5 awful form reps even though I can easily do 40 weighted pushups (30 lbs.)

I am also a 145 lb manlet if that means anything.
>>
>>40331878
aint nothing wrong with you your just weak
>>
Well for a start, the goal of calisthenics is not raw strength, and if you've been doing it with that goal in mind, then you're retarded.

And to get better at certain lifts, you do those lifts.
>>
>>40331878
there's nothing wrong with you you're just weak
eat more and get form practice. your cns will figure it out soon enough
>>
>>40331878

You say you're bad at something you've never trained?

That's usually how it goes.
>>
That's right in the novice standard according to symmetric strength: https://symmetricstrength.com/standards#/145/lb/male/-

Also, according to Symmetric Strength's FAQ:

> After going to the gym for a couple years, I am still classified as a "novice". Why are the standards set so high?

> The classifications compare you to strength athletes, rather than average gymgoers. Even being one of the strongest lifters in an average commercial gym won't guarantee you an "advanced" or higher classification.

So... everything seems normal... If you never do bench press, but you exercise regularly, then you should be a novice in that lift.
>>
>>40331887
>>40331914
I wouldn't say I'm weak, I can easily lift myself (145 lbs) when doing dips, chinups, pushups and have amazing muscular endurance.
I didn't even feel a burn or exertion when benching it, I just couldn't lift the bar properly and my spotter made me stop :(
>>
>>40331878
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv4pNy4EADA&ab_channel=BrendanMeyers

Lift weights you fucking weakling.
>>
>>40332054
Wrong video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx45nUETmIA&ab_channel=STRENGTHWARS
>>
You just have to find someone who knows how to bench thats all im also 145 lbs but i can bench 176lbs just after 3 yrs of calisthenics
>>
>>40332043

You're 145lb.

Basic bodyweight exercises at that size are not tremendous demonstrations of strength.
>>
>>40332043
>I wouldn't say I'm weak, I can easily lift myself (145 lbs)
You stupid twink faggot. If that's your bodyweight, I can strict press your frail body. You are weak m8
>>
>>40332242
I don't think there are any "weak" 145 lb men who can do 20+ chinups. I definitely beat all my friends who don't work out in strength, and they are taller and weigh more than me.
>>
>>40332092
too bad that powerlifter has TINY WHITE DICK
>>
>>40332043
>>40332297
try doing a pushup or god forbid a pullup at 300, that shit will make you beg for mercy
>>
I could rep 205 on bench when I first tried after doing calisthenics.
You either dont know how to bench or youre doing calisthenics wrong.
>>
>>40332378
Bix nood mufugga muh dick muh dick.
>>
>>40332640
what does bixnood mean

I have been laughing at it for years because it sounds funny
>>
>>40331904
You try doing a 1 handed handstand pressup or place
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.