[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Extreme calorie deficit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: self.jpg (439KB, 581x867px) Image search: [Google]
self.jpg
439KB, 581x867px
I have been on a diet for nearly a week at this point and I am somewhat worried.

Currently I am 300 pounds, 5'10, male.

My diet consists of eating beans and chicken. I make the beans with tons of onions and tomatoes. The chicken I make steamed with pepper and salt.
I eat green beans at the side during lunch. For breakfast I simply have some beans from the previous day with eggs. Dinner is all left over beans.
I eat 1 apple every day. I drink tea with artificial sweetener and some lemon juice. I eat sunflower seeds when I'm working.

My problem is that it is impossible for me to say I am going to get any more than 11000 calories per week on this diet.
The food that I am eating through this diet makes me very full, but is so low calorie that I am at an extreme calorie deficit.
Where I should be getting approximately 2400 calories daily, I am instead getting 1700. 1800 MAX.
I also have very little desire to eat. It is almost as if my appetite has completely disappeared. I am often forcing myself to go to the kitchen and eat because I can feel hunger through a faint 'burn' in my abdomen.

I don't want to stop this diet because I find it satisfying and I am losing weight. But at the same time I don't want to hurt myself.

What should I do?
>>
700calories, especially at your weight isn't really all that extreme desu
put it this way - our bodies are built to store fat for living off in times of famine
you'll be fine - your body is readdressing your insulin sensitivity, it'll take a while to rebalance
>>
That isn't extreme at all I was coming in expecting something like 800-1000
That is fine just cut out the artificial sweetener shit and don't snack on seeds
Drink more water
>>
>>40326652
Alright Ill take your word for it.

>>40326667
Why cut out the sweetener and the seeds?
The stuff I read said that seeds give essential fats.
As for the sweetner: I like my tea sweet
>>
>>40326717
It raises your insulin
You should try eat all your food within 8 hours
>>
>I should be getting 2400kcal
>I get 1700, 1800 MAX!!!!1

That's a 600-700 calorie defecit, to lose weight you start with 500 calorie defecit or for faster weight loss you bump it to 1000.

You're on a 700 calorie defecit and you consider it 'extreme'?

Yeah, take a look ladies and gentlemen, here's a retard who'll stay FAT forever
>>
>>40326751
2400 calories is the amount I got after the deficit.

I guess I calculated it kind of wrong but that isn't any reason to say I will stay fat forever.
I'll lose weight regardless of whether what fags like yourself say.
>>
>>40326638
I cut 315 -> 235 at 5'11 on 1500 kcal / day over a year. No loose skin yet and lifts have stayed at 1/2/3/4 so no real adverse effects but I haven't progressed in anything and I'm not done cutting
>>
>>40326638
I was 165 pounds at 5'10 and cutting at a 1500 defectit (600cals a day) for about a month. Started shedding hair, dizziness, mood swings etc.
>>
>>40326769
go down to 1200 calories
>>
>>40326779
Are you afraid that you will get loose skin?
How old are you?
>>
You can even eat 0 calories per day if you're fat, mate.
As long as you have the necessary vitamins and minerals, the body will use your stored fat as energy.

So don't be a retard with your lack of calories.
I did 500 calories per day for a month. 12kg lost, no cardio. But I had all my vitamins and all my minerals. Every single one of them.

Now, if you don't have your vitamins and minerals, you're fucked, man.
Don't be a retard about it. Be smart.

That's mostly the issue with people who go with extreme caloric deficit. They forget about vitamins and minerals, they think that they should just eat low calorie shit, but they shouldn't.

500 kcal a day. Program what you eat. You need A to K, you need Iron, Potassium, calcium, Zinc, Manganese, Magnesium... You need all that shit or else you'll have health problems due to mineral or vitamin deficiency.
>>
>>40326798
Always afraid of loose skin
>>
>>40326638
I read that as 11000 calories per day, was about to be mad impressed by those bulking skills.
>>
Well if you want loose skin, then keep going.
>>
the faint flush feeling in the abdomen is a fairly common report of people dieting, especially people dieting aggressively. some people speculate it's increased perfusion of fat cells which are being mobilised, others suggest its the sensation of fat cells shrinking after their fat load is exhausted.

likewise, loss of hunger is also a common side effect of very large deficits.

why uhh im not sure, but i've also experienced it.
>>
>>40326850
Drink water
Take fish oil

Preventative measures are your best bet
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.