[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SL squats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: master-the-squat-paul-anderson.jpg (74KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
master-the-squat-paul-anderson.jpg
74KB, 800x600px
Currently doing SL5x5 and squat just under lmao2pl8 and I can feel the sets starting to become difficult to the point where I'll probably fail a set within the next few sessions and I don't feel like doing that. Is there any good reason not to drop to 3x5 until I reach 2pl8, then drop back to the weight I switched at initially and do 5x5?
>>
>>40326567

Because you don't get stronger faster by doing less?
>>
>>40326575

Intensity would be more, not less.
>>
Nah man start microloading if you feel like you're stalling. You're doing squats every single session in the gym, there's no need to add 5 pounds a session to your squat. Get microplates, Cut your increment in half or even less if you're stalling hard and do more sets if you feel like you can crank put some after the fifth.
>>
>>40326580

Intensity isn't the main driver of strength development. Overall volume is. And there's fuck-all difference in weight between 3x5 and 5x5 to justify lopping off close to half your volume.
>>
>>40326593

I figured that if I was going to fail anywhere, it'd be in the final set rather than the first three. Maybe upping my rest times beyond 3 minutes is a better solution?
>>
>>40326593
SS does just fine with 3x5
>>
>>40326626

SS is intended to be a very shortterm solution with a built-in peaking process. If you're not looking specifically at displaying maximal strength in 8ish weeks after starting, you're deviating from the goal.
>>
>>40326567
CANT GET STRONKER IF YOU NEVER ADD MORE WEIGHT FAGGOT WHAT ARE YOU A PUSSY? LETS GO YOU TWINK YOU BETTER REP THAT SHIT WITH EASE
>>
>>40326640
No it fucking isn't. It's a program for retarded beginners like op to get strong.
>>
>>40326756

The original program is to get people ready for football season from nothing. It's not meant to be maintained for more than a couple months, max, before they move onto something else more directly relevant.

That's why its so aggressive and low volume - how good it makes you in six months or a year is irrelevant. What you can manage in the near future is.
>>
>>40326593
stop, just stop

you are sharing actual lifting knowledge

on /fit/

you can't do this here
>>
>>40326756
Read the book and you'll find that after a pretty short time you're adding accessories to increase volume
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.