[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Self improvement thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 21

File: 1486493734238.jpg (2MB, 1404x1915px) Image search: [Google]
1486493734238.jpg
2MB, 1404x1915px
What does /fit/ do with their lives besides lifting ?

>reading books
>programming
>meditating

I feel like in order to improve you have to sacrifice your hobbies, especially if you want to make money and learn how to do so

It kinda sucks but l guess it's the price to pay
>>
>>40316694
>Marx

One of these things is not like the others.
>>
>>40316725
>put next to basic economics
Kek
>>
File: 1486464547185.png (1011KB, 660x800px) Image search: [Google]
1486464547185.png
1011KB, 660x800px
You obviously don't know how to start a proper self improvement general. We have paste bins for a reason
>>
File: 1486597145438.jpg (129KB, 1308x817px) Image search: [Google]
1486597145438.jpg
129KB, 1308x817px
>>40316694

I want to start writing both prose and code
>>
>>40318855
>posting desires to be on /g/ and /lit/ through a /fit/ thread
wew
>>
>>40316725
Dostoevsky fits in perfectly tho

>>40316694
Anyone read Goldratt's The Goal?
>>
>>40319303
Yeah can you tell me how does the idiot fit in? Srs question
>>
File: nail2.jpg (27KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
nail2.jpg
27KB, 500x250px
>improve my appeareance in other ways (pic related)
>learning a new language
>do things that make me happy/practise my hobbies
>working towards an education (this is the hardest for me)
>work
>>
>>40319402
I think it's intended as a joke.
>>
>>40319572
What's the joke? Whoever reads this all is an idiot?
>>
>>40319500
Is that your nail? Holy shit
>>
>>40319679
Yes, the one one the other foot was way worse.
>>
>>40319689
How you fix it, medication?
>>
>>40316694
does anyone have that /lit/ chart for fitizen?
It was like 8 books on being stoic and shit. thanks in advance
>>
File: 1486085316735.png (150KB, 929x1157px) Image search: [Google]
1486085316735.png
150KB, 929x1157px
>learning german (wanna be trilingual)
>learning music production and piano, already know guitar
>learning c++
>doing local beatbox shows for a lil money on the side
>been making dumb sketches and other types of videos for yt and facebook that are doing sorta well locally, I guess
>in my 3rd year of ChemE, should be in 4th but oh well
>all of this in order to compensate for being a 5'6" manlet
>>
>>40319703
Yes, visited a podiatrist, she made an analysis, applied a treatment that made it all much better and now I apply some other product until they're all completely healthy
>>
currently finishing listening to Neuromancer I really enjoy it
Is there also any benefits to listening to audiobooks or doing both reading and listening to the audiobook?

Also planning on learning on how to write reviews, editorials, analysis for my blog. Anyone have any good pdfs, sites, videos that will help me there
>>
>>40316694
This is probably a stupid question, but how do I speak louder and clearer?

I tend to be a quiet person due to anxiety. I'm not particularly shy, but if I'm talking to people, they can't hear what I'm saying because I'm not speaking properly.

I've tried speaking louder, but it gets tiring quickly, as I'm used to speaking quietly. I find that sometimes I might talk too fast, or that my speech is a bit messed up because my thoughts are so disorderly.

How do I fix this?
>>
>>40320696
No tips but I could also use help on this also.

>Paid off all my debts, started a Roth IRA and set up automatic contributions
>Lifting 5+ days a week
>Eating clean, drinking loads of water
>Sitting in the sauna regularly for skin gains and to detox in general
>Meditating 1-2 times a day for 5+ minutes each
>Went through all my clothes and threw out stuff that didn't fit me properly or that didn't give off the alpha vibe I want
>Went shopping and bought some new clothes that fit me properly and give off the right appearance
>>
>>40319500
happiness is a choice
>>
>Table tennis
>Being a complete fucking psycho and enjoying every bit of it
>>
>>40316725
>>40316805
Marx was an excellent critic of liberalism. If you dont recognise this you're a faggots.
>>
>>40316694
finding a job would be a start.
>>
>>40320696
Incrementally try speaking a little bit louder than you usually do. And right when you think you might be speaking a little bit too loud or yelling, KEEP THAT LEVEL. Remember it.

Make pauses between sentences. Check politicians . Don't be afraid people will stop listening to you. If you speak loud enough, they won't.

I had same problem. It's not perfect now, but it's definitely better.
>>
File: IMG_3042.png (199KB, 323x308px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3042.png
199KB, 323x308px
>>40319766
>Manlet
>beat boxing
Holy shit
>>
Almost done with engineering degree

Play in multiple bands at house shows and bars (for fun/booze/sloots, occasionally paid)

Make music that never leaves my hard drive

Shit post
>>
>recently started reading The Iliad
>will start new routine that's 5 days a week, I function better with higher frequency than doing the same lifts 2 times a week
>started meditating
>listening to a lot of classical music, which I already did, but stopped for a while
>finally working on mobility (need to have better posture [forward head and pelvic tilt] and actually scared as lifts go up to snap some shit)

That's about it, I guess. Last year I read only one book, which was pathetic, this year I plan on reading at least 7 books, but with uni + lifting will be kinda hard, but I'll make it brah
>>
>>40320737
>>Went through all my clothes and threw out stuff that didn't fit me properly or that didn't give off the alpha vibe I want
>>Went shopping and bought some new clothes that fit me properly and give off the right appearance

Fucking this. Now that I lost some skinnyfat and gained some muscle it feels great to wear fitting clothes and I'm really surprised how it boosted my confidence.
>>
>>40321049
Thank you anon.
Ill give it a go, and hopefully things will improve
>>
>>40321073
i don no wat u mean tho
>>
>>40321441
??? Manlethe beat boxing
>>
>>40321508
Can't manlets make gay sounds with their mouth or smth?
>>
>>40319766
2bh don't feel bad mane
feeling the need compensate for things you can't control leads to unearthly levels of drives in productive fields
i mean they call it a napoleon complex for a reason
>>
>>40320907
>t. nu-male cuck
>>
File: 1425718654485.jpg (952KB, 1763x2034px) Image search: [Google]
1425718654485.jpg
952KB, 1763x2034px
>>40316694
>Fuck books
>Consult the sheep in pic related
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 699x485px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 699x485px
>just graduated (finance)
>gf is moving in tomorrow
>practicing muay thai and some grappling
>leaning out and never bulking again
>in talks with some major real estate companies and will hopefully be hired within a month
>still chronically ill but I'm stable and pain free atm

Life has honestly been quite rough, so it feels weird how shit is going well now
>>
Decide to volunteer a few hours to shoveling snow for people.

Problem is, all the little old ladies or gentlemen try to give me cookies or a hot toddy of cider and rum to perk me up when I'm out shoveling.
>>
>>40322806
Well yeah, that's a nice way to put it.
Who knows maybe I'll invade a country one day
>>
>>40320907
Marx had excellent ideas, too bad he forgot to add human nature to the equation
>>
>>40316725
Keep your enemies close.
>>
>>40316694

I love reading, television shows, getting into new bands and seeing concerts. Not too into movies or vidya but now and then I make time for once. Play magic the gathering or warhammer with some friends once a week. Might try dnd.

Love martial arts and have been training in MMA for over 5 years. Occasionally I'll train with some local BJJ guys I grew up with and do take down defense, test locks and drills etc.
>>
>>40320737

So much this.
>>
>>40316694
Really fucking annoys me when people say "I read" and then mention a bunch of self-help and instruction books.

They're not literature. They're not fiction. They're instruction manuals.

Anyway, I've been reading a lot of Agatha Christie mysteries and a novel by Ngaio Marsh called "Enter a Murderer". They're a lot of fun. I'm also sticking with muh comics, Hillbilly by Eric Powell is really good so far.
>>
File: P00175.jpg (95KB, 390x439px) Image search: [Google]
P00175.jpg
95KB, 390x439px
How to stop being lazy and pushin everthing to tomorrow ?
I'm 24 ans I've been like this my all life so please no basic advices. I need real tips even if I doubt that there's a miracle solution besides discipline.

Also, how to get discipline ?
>>
>>40323854
>Really fucking annoys me when people say "I read" and then mention a bunch of self-help and instruction books.

I'm an intellectual snob who enjoys highbrow literature, and I still enjoy hearing this from people. They're not read Patrick White or something, but even at a rudimentary level they're enjoying thinking and taking in new ideas.

It's also an opportunity to lead them on to greater things. If you discuss whatever self help crap they're reading with them, ask them what they think of it, how they fit it into their experience, you're encouraging them to think critically about their reading and showing them kindness and respect at the same time. You can suggest more highbrow stuff to them based on what they've said and watch them get excited about tracking it down and reading it.

Share the love breh
>>
>>40323894
Do 1 thing at a time until you're finished. Set a time to begin/end a work on something if it's a long-term goal.

When you think of something that needs to be done, unless you're doing something else that needs doing, get to it. Treat resting time the same way. If you can't stop thinking about what needs to be done, write it down and then come back to your notes when you're free.

Do shit every day. Make it a habit.

Discipline is just about learning to tell yourself to keep doing something. The best way to keep at stuff is to make it a habit. If you make finishing things a habit, it's easy to stay committed or be "disciplined."

I say easy, I mean, it's still effort. It's harder than pushing things off forever but, once it's done, it's a lot easier to live with yourself. You're making your future moment to moment, every day, and you can live in the future of an undisciplined autistic, or you can live in the future you make when you work on shit and finish things. It's your choice. But it is a choice.
>>
File: Current.jpg (43KB, 327x499px) Image search: [Google]
Current.jpg
43KB, 327x499px
What are you guys currently reading?
>>
>>40324018
Just finished a book about the Provisional IRA from the late 60s to the time it was written in the late 80s. Northern Ireland is a weird mixture of tribalism and modern industrial society, pretty interesting.

Currently reading a Randolph Stow novel which is so beautiful it makes me cry (no homo), Merry-Go-Round in the Sea. It's about a kid growing up in Geraldton in Western Australia during WW2 and after. Really subtle writing. I think he's the best Australian novelist.

Rotating that with A Contemporary Introduction to Philosophy of Mind, by someone called John Heil. Smoothly written and easy to follow
>>
>>40324018
Also just looked your pic related up, sounds really good. I'll see if my University library has it after it reopens from construction work, fucking earthquakes...
>>
>>40324063
What's the title of the IRA book? Sounds interesting
>>
>>40324122
The Provisional IRA, authors Patrick Bishop and Eamon Mallie. It's pretty dense and repeats itself a lot but it's excellent journalism.
>>
>>40323977
>I'm an intellectual snob who enjoys highbrow literature, and I still enjoy hearing this from people. They're not read Patrick White or something, but even at a rudimentary level they're enjoying thinking and taking in new ideas.
>It's also an opportunity to lead them on to greater things. If you discuss whatever self help crap they're reading with them, ask them what they think of it, how they fit it into their experience, you're encouraging them to think critically about their reading and showing them kindness and respect at the same time. You can suggest more highbrow stuff to them based on what they've said and watch them get excited about tracking it down and reading it.
>Share the love breh
I know I should chill out about it. It just... It bothers me when the dumbest guy in the group is like "OH YEAH I READ", and I've seen his bookshelf and it's a bunch of nonsense cook books and The Art of War.

I dunno. I'm sure I'll get over it one day.
>>
>>40324089
>>40324063
Those sounds pretty damn good. Especially Merry-Go-Round in the Sea. Kinda sounds like a combo of Empire of the Sun and Peace.
Laurus is pretty damn good. The writing is modular and complex but the author does a good job keeping it grounded.
>>
>fishing at least once a week
>reading through Evola's works one by one
>saying hello to at least one person in each of my classes
>actually studying for once, even though I don't have to in order to build a work ethic
>not bullying the fuck out of people on twitter anymore
>dialing back the constant bantermode and being nicer in general

plans for the future
>part time job to help ease my daily boredom
>invest in a puppy to raise :)

Hopefully by this time next year I've reached my goal body weight, got a steady part time job, got a comfy puppy friend, maybe a gf, better read with a better understanding of my life, etc. Lil bit broad but oh well.

Any recommendations for a cheeky 10-15 hour a week kind of job? Thinking about Target or a sporting goods store that can work around a student's schedule.
>>
>>40316694
>piano
>writing
>reading through the 2 floor-to-ceiling bookcases my granddad left me before he passed away

halfway through, lads
>>
>>40324352
Don't do retail. Work your ass off to get a comfy job on campus in a library or cafeteria or something.
>>
>>40324398
I never hear back from the campus jobs, even though, yes, one would be perfect. My roommate gets paid $9 an hour to sit in a library and play on his Xbox and once every couple days he has to help someone turn their computer off and back on.
>>
>>40324352
Good work cuz, sounds like you've built up a good bit of momentum, it's way fucking easier to deal with life that way eh
>>
>>40324521
If I can be totally honest with you all of that I listed is extremely easy for me to accomplish and I bet I can do it all without stress or worry EXCEPT the bit about easing my boredom. I am bored 24/7 and it fucking sucks. I can't remember the last time I was entertained and that feeling leads me to just lie in bed and fuck around on my phone almost all day every day. I really really hope fishing and the job and the dog help change this and at least get me loving life again but wew lad
>>
>>40316694
Public accountant with on 4 different year ends, i pretty much work 50-80hrs a week and then get fucked up in my spare time
>>
>>40324457
I have that lmao, it's fucking rad. Only get minimum wage though
>>
>>40324566
Do you have or had a habit of drinking/weed?

I used to have fun with lots of things, and I had even more fun doing the same things drunk or high, but that was obviously just an illusion.
Now I can't seem to enjoy the same things sober anymore.

How does one get his enthusiasm back?
>>
>>40320907
He had some nuggets of truth hidden in all the shit but he was an atrocious writer, the surplus value theory is untestable (and is based on the outdated labor value theory).

Also he was a dick.

https://www.city-journal.org/html/how—and-how-not—-love-mankind-12177.html
>>
>>40319500
>learning a new language
what language?
I've been making language gains more than actual gains recently
>>
>>40316694
I read autobiographies of famous men, Big Arnies book is fantastic, George Best, Johan Cruyff and more. Seeing how talented men operate and their mindset helps me understand what it takes.

They all talk about training and being hardworking.

If you have hobbies and no job you have fucked up.
>>
>working part time
>second to last quarter of mechanical engineering degree
>decided to finally start caring about girls
>lifting again
>making new and better friends
One day, my delusions of grandeur will become an honest self assessment
>>
>>40326710
>One day, my delusions of grandeur will become an honest self assessment

Jesus Christ this is the best thing I have ever read. Thank you anon
>>
>>40316694
Read 'Quiet' by susan cain
>>
>>40320737
If you have not thrown out, give the used clothing to charity for those good boy points with yourself.
Otherwise you are doing good, save as much as you can money-wise.

>>40323894
>>40323997
This.

>>40324390
Your grandpa must be pretty proud anon.

Keep it up lads, be the best you you can be.
>>
File: 1485547923673.png (429KB, 451x619px) Image search: [Google]
1485547923673.png
429KB, 451x619px
>>40316694
OP pic is garbage.

>No 'Meditations'
>No 'The One Thing'
>No 'Disrupt You'
>No 'Letting Go'
>No 'The Six Pillars of Self Esteem'
>No 'Ego is The Enemy'
>No 'The Power of Now'
>No 'The Pathwork Of Self-Transformation'
>No 'The Disease to Please'

Get rid of all the fucking economics books. Include books that teach people how to actually improve themselves as people.

Jesus
>>
I recently started volunteering for the local Republican Party in my county, gonna try to do some outreach as my local council members are all 60+ and way out of touch with the youth. I guess a job in politics would be a nice way to improve my social status, but mostly i just want to give something back to my community because i honestly think the way shit is going right now within 50 years the country is gonna fall apart. I dont want to be getting lined up to be shot in the back of the head for being a FUCKING WHITE MALE and have my last thoughts be "I could've prevented this."
>>
>>40326941

Psst...I know who you are...

...Heil Hydra..
>>
>>40316694
>watching youtube videos related to lifting
>reading articles related to lifting
>posting on forums related to lifting
>>
>>40316694
final year archaeological science student so my uni takes up a lot of my time other than gym, but i also read quite a bit, Judge Dredd comics or actual books.
>>
>>40324018
Just finished the origin of our species by Stringer which was decent considering Stringer is a cuck. Gonna start tolkeins translation of beowulf next just cos i have it here.
>>
>>40326986
Wow that was the gayest post ive seen
>>
>>40326859
>Get rid of all the fucking economics books. Include books that teach people how to actually improve themselves as people.

are you a leftist?
>>
>>40327024
Seen a gay post, gave a gay reply.
>>
>>40326986
You don't know who I am if you think my conservative political views have anything to do with /pol/. I honestly believe, as should most fitizens, that conservatism is the ideology of self improvement and responsibility. There's a reason most leftists are skinny middle class pussies. They aren't capable of internalizing goals and developing a sense of self worth so they look to the state to provide it for them.
>>
File: 52364655701.jpg (43KB, 600x377px) Image search: [Google]
52364655701.jpg
43KB, 600x377px
>>40327092
>>
>>40327025
No I voted Trump.

And I have the brains to know that if anything is going to make you successful in business, it is actually doing it instead of reading some shitty books about economics.

You should be reading to impove yourself not learn fucking economics.
>>
>>40327092

Just banterin' ya lad I don't need your reasonin'
>>
File: x.jpg (92KB, 890x590px) Image search: [Google]
x.jpg
92KB, 890x590px
>>40327105
>>
I'm starting to think that what I really want is a wife, dog, kids, and a small comfy house a bit in the country and close to a nice city
>>
>>40320696
Is it possible that you are (ironic word choice) overtly self conscious? Do you feel pressure to speak clearly and precisely all the time?

You should try throwing yourself into throngs of people, like riding the rails at a concert. The more you realize no ones paying attention to you, the less mental burden you'll have, subconsciously or painfully aware of.
>>
>>40321090
What sort of music do you make?
>>
File: heart of darkness.jpg (11KB, 200x305px) Image search: [Google]
heart of darkness.jpg
11KB, 200x305px
>>40324018
Just finished reading a compilation of H.P. Lovecraft stories now I'm starting pic related.
>>
>>40326348
Not him but I had that problem when i stopped drinking daily, everything just seemed so boring. But I started up new hobbies to replace just getting pissed and watching movies and playing vidya, I've started to play the keyboard, been practicing guitar a hell of a lot more, I've been learning to sing, learning to juggle, writing short stories and doing some DIY projects. Lots of things to fill my spare time.

I guess what worked for me was doing the things and learning the skills that I've always wanted to. The boredom will pass soon enough.
>>
>>40326623
Italian
What are you learning?
>>
>>40316694
bought an e-book reader 2 weeks ago, been reading every day since then - trying to read in original language if french/german/english to improve language skills

stopped watching porn and masturbating almost 3 weeks ago

deleted all video games from my PC 2 and a half weeks ago

consistently lifting 4 times a week with a clear focus on performance for >5 months (after years of fuckarounditis and random "bulks" and "cuts" which always ended in me either being fat or weak)

drawing & playing music a bit every day

>still browsing /fit/
>still browsing /pol/
>still not studying for uni
>still no gf
>still no job
>still spending hours in front of PC
>>
>>40320737
>>Went through all my clothes and threw out stuff that didn't fit me properly or that didn't give off the alpha vibe I want
>>Went shopping and bought some new clothes that fit me properly and give off the right appearance

This is a big one. I've been in the process of doing this for the last year and a half after putting on more and more size. I do miss some of my cool shirts that I got at concerts and festivals though. I'd still wear them around but they look like they're child size now.

Also I bring all my stuff to a clothes resale shop first, then whatever they don't buy I give to goodwill.
>>
>>40327603
>H.P. Lovecraft
Ugh, I love the idea of Lovecraft but most of his stuff is so damn boring. It's almost always the same exact formula stretched out for way too long every time.

He created an excellent world and mythos but it takes a lot of work and discipline to get through it, and it's usually not very fun imo
>>
>>40327519
>I'm starting to think that what I really want is a wife, dog, kids, and a small comfy house a bit in the country and close to a nice city

Same here man (except the wife and kids part desu.) I'm only 23 and just graduated college and I've pretty much abandoned my dream of wanting to move to the city and live some cool urban life. That seemed like the ultimate goal during high school and all of college (I live near and went to school in Chicago so I was always aiming to live there.) For some reason in the last year I just got fucking sick of it. I don't like the city any more except for concert venues and some cool restaurants.

I want access to nature and open space more than a bunch of dirty people living on top of each other all trying to be relevant and exciting. It seems to annoying and forced now. I feel like somewhere in the last year I aged like 40 years and I don't have any real goal or direction any more.
>>
>>40328029
Yeah I agree, i found it hard to get into at the start and a bit dry, but once I did it was very well worth it, amazing stories and greater universe he created.
>>
File: 9126138485_7badd3e7ce_k.jpg (1MB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
9126138485_7badd3e7ce_k.jpg
1MB, 2048x1365px
>>40316694
Does anyone else literally don't know what to do with his life? I feel like all things that would interest me are unrealistic for me since I'm not smart enough to do it.
>>
>reading fiction
>self-improvement

You're just switching to a different type of entertainment, it's not actually any self-work. It's like saying you're improving yourself by watching movies instead of playing video games.
>>
>>40328167
>Does anyone else literally don't know what to do with his life?
Yes
>>
File: image.jpg (150KB, 503x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150KB, 503x1280px
>work at a youth center for income and learn social and leadership skills
>help out at the local church's food distribution once a week for them karma gains
>can talk to people more freely
>getting more confidence
>exercise regularly (gym and swimming) and have started in a kung fu starter course
>meditate every morning and before bed. It's one of my best habits
>sing and dance a bit everyday. Havent practiced piano/clarinet in a while and want to get back to it
>composing music/sound effects for a theatre play that premiers at the end of march
>try to go to bed every night around 22-23 and wakeup 6-6.30am
>try to keep to a healthy diet but have a tendency to eat shit food when im stressed. It's something i really need to improve upon
>read daily and listen to audiobooks

>>40322806
I have that painting on my kitchen wall. It's quite stimulating to observe. You notice new details every time you look at it.
>>
How do you undo years and years of sleeping at 5am and waking up a 3pm ?
I used to not sleep at all during 48h so I could go to sleep early and wake up early until I got back to my ol dhabit.

But now, even this isn't working, my cyrcadian cycle is fucked up. Real advices please.
>>
>>40328738
Get a job.
I'm not meming.
>>
>>40328738
>>40328907 agreed.
>>
>>40320899
not when you have a chemical imbalance brother. gotta work hard for happiness sometimes.
>>
>>40327092
>implying that the republican party is actually conservative now

I mean I agree with you m8, but both parties on the major stage are full of shit and do not embody American values in any fucking way. There's plenty of right-wing idiots who are no where near self reliant.
>>
>>40328738
The fix is to wake up at the same time, like 8 every morning. You can not oversleep. And go to bed only when you're tired. No phone, no clock checking
>>
File: Titlepic_sources.jpg (2MB, 3000x2362px) Image search: [Google]
Titlepic_sources.jpg
2MB, 3000x2362px
>>
>>40330176
>>40330176
Yeah but I can't, it's handicap. When I have no obligation to wake up, I just don't. And even when I have some obligations like schools, sometimes I'd rather sleep even if I regret it when I wake up (Missed some exams because of this)

>>40328907
I go to school now but soon I'll have an intership. Guess that'll do the trick.
>>
>>40330176
>go to bed only when you're tired.
Bad advice. Try to go to bed around the same time every night (earlier rather than later),0 even if you don't feel tired. Your body's internal clock adapts to it and it becomes IMMENSELY easier and more natural to wake up early at the same time as well.

>>40331087
>When I have no obligation to wake up, I just don't.
That's common, and the reason why it's hard to get out of bed in the morning is because you go too late to bed. Ofc there are other reasons (depression, if you eat late before going to bed, general habit formed over the years) but what worked for me was to simply go to bed early. It also helps to meditate/consciously plan/visualize what you want to do in the mornin upon waking.
Example: while laying or witting in bed, make up a plan of
>going to the to piss bathroom
>drink half a liter of water
>do 20 push ups
>20situps
>20 body squats
>shower with slightly colder temperature than you're used to
>also repeat to yourself "i WILL not go back to bed"
(Again, just an exmple)
Go over your plan in your head, write it down if you want to, visualize and repeat it over andover in your head. This gives your brain something concrete to process and continue working on while you sleep. Then when you wake up your plan serves as an anchor/goal that your mind wants to pull you towards, even when your body just wants to keep itself in bed.
This is what works for me and it might for you as well.
It's a mind/body game that you learn how to play and if you keep at it you'll notice that you can manipulate your mind/body/emotions to work FOR you, not against you. It's not easy (shit, only today i let myself fuck up my whole day because i let a stressful event get to me, weakening my power to control my self and thus regressing to old bad habits) but it gets easier to cultivate power over your self the more you train doing stuff that goes against what you feel is "comfy" and do what you KNOW is good for you
>>
I'm teaching myself marksmanship with a few different firearms.

I've always wanted to but never took the time to take the courses and submit all the paperwork (Leaf). It took me probably 3 months once everything was said and done and now I have two rifles and a range pass.

I also took steps to pay off my debt faster and bought the intelligent investor. I want to be financially independent in the future in order to start my own construction business.

Feels really good to start taking steps in the right direction.
>>
>>40324352
I used to work Target before I just got my internship this semester. I had tried to dial back my hours to 1-2 days a week being 12-20 hr and they wouldn't work with me. This might have been because I was a full time employee beforehand or that my Target sucks. Avoid retail is what I'm saying. Look for something that is good on a resume if you're not in it for the money.
>>
>>40326859
Self-help books are gay. Cultivating interest in hobbies or striving to have an understanding of the world is better use of time. Whether that be economics, philosophy, science, music, literature, woodworking, mechanics, etc. It really doesn't matter, just staying productive and doing shit that gets you outside of you neurotic narcissistic head.
>>
>>40332303
But the whole point of all those books is to teach how to get out of your head. How to stop being narcissistic.
>>
>>40324018
Book of pook anyone?
>>
>>40332374
Yeah, but being good at things is cool while reading about self help shit is faggy
>>
>>40333880
I've read that book at least 10 times now. GOAT life book desu
>>
>>40319268
hey. at least he's on the 'ch0n!
>>
>>40320662
You will retain more of the information reading and listening to it at the same time
>>
>Just graduated college near the top of my class
>Read a ton of personal finance books and my investments are starting to turn a profit
>Finally am getting visible ab definition
>Just finished an internship at NASA, and now I'm about to start pilot training for the USAF - trying to become a fighter pilot
>At 1/2/3/4 and finally getting visible ab definition
>Gave up porn and fapping. Even if it is a placebo, I do feel like it improved my life fairly significantly.
>Learning piano in my spare time and reading often

still >tfwnogf
>>
File: 1486783222755.jpg (37KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1486783222755.jpg
37KB, 657x527px
>>40335254
>>Read a ton of personal finance books and my investments are starting to turn a profit
what books
Thread posts: 119
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.