[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post-depression rebound

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: borntofeel.jpg (407KB, 746x982px)
borntofeel.jpg
407KB, 746x982px
Hey /fit/
I'm coming out of a ~1 year bout with depression during which I put on somewhere around 8-10 kgs.
I've signed up for an obstacle race in late April with some friends for motivation, and frankly I really want to be able to complete it. I was lifting fairly consistently through most of the past year, but neglecting cardio. I don't know exactly how much I need to drop and I'm anxious about losing muscle mass, when I ought to be gaining it.

So basically my issue is that I want to get bigger and smaller at the same time. What's the best way to go about it? Do I just do a small deficit and keep a close eye on my proteine intake? Currently on Stronglifts to get back in the game, running and experimenting with IF.
Currently about 89 kg, 179 cm.
>>
Eat at ~500 calorie defecit. It works for me better than IF cause I get really tired during lifting.
>>
>>40315108
Your body is going to drop weight if you cut. Putting more mass on while cutting will be nearly impossible but with proper protein intake you should be able to retain most of the muscle during your cut.
>>
>>40315124
So far I've found that IF is easier for me in terms of discipline. If I'm out the door without breakfeast I won't have anything before lunch regardless, so the feeding window pretty much manages itself. Lunch is usually a proteine bar and a banana/apple. And maybe a boiled egg. Workout in the afternoon (with a small pre-game snack if I'm tired). Then I eat a large supper.

I haven't gotten my shit together enough to actually work out the exact cals, but I'll get on that.
>>
>>40315143
So if I really want to do well in the race I should postphone dropping the fat then?

Also, I've been thinking about joining a kettlebell/crossfit class. Is it worth it in terms of cardio and muscle gains? Or am I better off just running in between lifting days.
>>
>>40315163
When I did IF, I only ate a small thing at lunch. It also gave me problems concentrating at school so I dropped it after a week. I made a 2400 mealplan so I'll be sticking to that to cut.
>>
File: 1484041942993.jpg (41KB, 462x579px)
1484041942993.jpg
41KB, 462x579px
>>40315174
Just eat a small deficit and lift weights, muscle will stay if you eat enough protons and you'll lose fat.
>>
>>40315178
Any good/quick recipes? I have almost no freezer space, so cooking large batches doesn't work for me.
>>
>>40315191
>Breakfast: oats with milk, 30g blueberries and 1 scoop of protons
>Lunch: 4 boiled eggs and 2 slices of whole wheat bread
>Snack 1: 500ml milk and 2 scoops
>Dinner: rice, green beans, and chicken
>Dinner alt: sweet potato, broccoli, and lean beef
>Snack 2: 500g magerkwark(?) And 30g nuts
>>
File: yourspiritguide.jpg (148KB, 1920x1080px)
yourspiritguide.jpg
148KB, 1920x1080px
>>40315221
Much obliged.
>>
>>40315108
Lifting to avoid your feels
>only way to lift
>>
File: doitforarnie.jpg (141KB, 846x604px)
doitforarnie.jpg
141KB, 846x604px
>>40316134
It literally kept me sane, washed and dressed. It made me get out of the house and out of my head.

Closest thing I came to relief.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.