[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just dropped $550 on an exercise bike. Great deal apparently.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: bike.jpg (102KB, 1500x1000px)
bike.jpg
102KB, 1500x1000px
I just dropped $550 on an exercise bike. Great deal apparently. Costco rocks and everywhere else has it at least $200 more. It was either this or another gun.
If this doesn't get my fat ass exercising I'm a failure as a human being. I plan on watching YouTube videos and riding just about every night.
>>
>>40314725
That's great op. I got one very similar in Craigslist for free because as you'll come to find out, no one likes them and no one uses them after dropping 550 on them
>>
>>40314725
to be honest, the dream is to just do cardio everyday, lift weights just enough to maintain an otter physique, and eat healthy at maintenance levels. Chasing muscles is great and all, but compared to cycling every night, it's so much harder to bulk and lift
>>
>>40314725
If you don't spend at least 4 hours a week on that thing it was a waste of money.
>>
>>40314725
OP, just to motivate you a little.

If you don't FUCKING USE IT A LOT and reach the maximum use of that shit, like biking at the max level of that chain thing, it's a complete waste of money and could've spend it on a cheap gym like Planet Fitness and become a cardiobunny.

t. /biz/raeli
>>
>>40314725
>I plan on watching YouTube videos and riding just about every night.
I don't recommend this, OP.
I've been using these bikes for over 5 years now. Not that specific one, but several variations. It's one of the most boring forms of cardio in existence, unfortunately. You may think the Youtube videos will make the time fly, but trust me, it wont.

When you watch TV or Youtube, your body wants to relax, which will make you all the more aware of the effort you're expending through cardio. I know this because I had a few bouts of 'cardio while watching TV' when I started with these bikes. It's a very unpleasant feeling.

I recommend making playlists full of songs which get you daydreaming. It doesn't have to be fast music which gets you pumped, just anything which makes you think about things. I've tried cardio listening to my 'BAW' playlist and even though the majority of the songs are slow and depressing (obviously) the time still flies because I'm busy thinking about other shit, like girls.

If you can get lost in your own mind, you'll completely forget you're doing cardio.

This is for steady-pace cardio. For HIIT, you'll want to actually focus on your cardio and forget youtube and music completely.
>>
Did u ever think of purchasing an actual bike?
>>
>>40314775
No one bikes anymore
>>
>>40314791
Why would they when they can purchase an overpriced stationary bike from american big box store?
>>
>>40314775
My problem is I live in the Pacific Northwest. For about 4 months out of the year, like right now, it's just to cold. And I know myself well enough to know that if I stop for the winder I'll never start again.
>>
File: IMG_7050.jpg (23KB, 261x223px)
IMG_7050.jpg
23KB, 261x223px
Stationary bikes suck massive cock

Tough it out and get a regular bike and ride outside.
>>
>>40314853
Let's be real here. You're going to do it twice, maybe actually for like a month tops and you'll never look at it again.

Because you're weak. And you think spending large amounts of cash will make you less weak.
>>
>>40314889
Hey now, I don't think spending money makes me less weak, just dumb. I actually saved up for the bike.
>>
>>40314853
You in Portland?
>>
>>40314995
Little out of Seattle.
>>
>>40314725
>I plan on watching YouTube videos and riding
That is why you are going to fail you should be riding for the excitement of riding and getting fit. I don't even wear headphones at the gym because i don't want to rely on outside sources for my motivation.
>>
I got a spin bike on clearance for $100 and Ive had a gym membership for 2 years.

Every week i lift x 3
run outdoors 5miles x 2
and find the bike great for random 20min HIIT sessions, its super handy because I just bash it out quickly whenever I have time or energy, money well spent for me.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.