[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm interested in pursuing a career in professional fighting,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (23KB, 512x287px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
23KB, 512x287px
I'm interested in pursuing a career in professional fighting, done martial arts for over 10 years few different styles I'm only 21 started formally training when I was 8-9 but my father did martial arts for a while when he was younger so he started teaching me at a very young age. Anyway I havnt been involved with a club and live 60+km from the closest club of any sort.
Basically how do you get into a amateur fights without a club? Or do you have to be a current member of a club I really don't know where to start
>>
>>40314403
>havnt been involved with a club for over 3 years now*
>>
>>40314403
What state do u live in? I live in AZ. Here u can message the facebook page of any local fight promotion and they'll get u a fight. Makes for plenty of mismatches.
>>
>>40314606
Live in Australia.
But thanks for the offer
Just want some sort of idea where to start, there's an mma club/gym thing in town where I work, I was thinking of going over there and having a chat with them.
>>
>>40314606
Pretty much this desu.
I try to have at least two fights each year, all I do is send an email to a small promotion and they have me set up. Sometimes it means I have to drive a few miles but it's pretty straightforward.
>>
>>40314671
Google is your friend annon
But before you get your first fight actually train mma (or chosen) martial art first.
>>
>>40314778
And what do you mean by a promotion? How do I find them?
>>
>>40314799
companies/gyms that organize fights.

You can start by searching here
http://www.tapology.com/search
untick all boxes except for promotion and search for your country for example, you will see loads of listings.
>>
>>40314813
Thanks
>>
>>40314403
>Basically how do you get into a amateur fights without a club?
>without a club

I'M A STRONG STRAYAN MAN WHO DON'T NEED NO GYM

You're going to get your skull caved in and die in the ring or cage anon.

You don't have a proper trainer nor do you have sparring partners.
>>
>>40314403
Mate, you need to join a gym and start training. Your conditioning sucks, your technique will suck, and real fighters will fuck you up.

I recommend avoiding gyms that offer 'MMA' classes. Try to find something that trains Muay Thai or Boxing - do that regularly for 3-4 months and ask the owners / coach to start sparring.

After a few months they'll let you in and you'll realise how fucked you are. Train more. Get stronger. Eat right. You might have a chance.

When you can hold your own against the more experienced guys in sparring start training for a discipline specific fight.

After a few fights try out a Jiu Jitsu place and maybe in a year or two you'll be able to smash cunt. Persistence is key. Faggot.
>>
>>40315022
Settle down mate
Just because I havnt been with a club for three years doesn't mean I'm not training on my own. Nor does it mean I'm not still sparing with anyone willing.
Not formally training doesn't make me any worse. I'm not an idiot, I've fought in tournaments of the styles I've trained in, I was just looking for advice on how to the next level, and hopefully make money out of something I enjoy.
>>
>>40315265

You think he needs 4 months of training after being involved in martial arts since childhood before he can spar? Then he needs to take multiple Muay Thai fights and train Jui Jitsu for 2 years before taking an amateur MMA fight? Completely ridiculous. I'd trained many different martial arts off and on since the age of 7 and the first time I walked into an MMA gym my sparring with the other amateurs wasn't even competitive. I smoked them. More than anything the OP just needs to start training BJJ immediately and often.
>>
>>40315370
My perspective is if he's asking questions this fucking basic he probably isn't experienced in any capacity.

Pro's don't ask people how to do it, they just do it.

Congrats on your personal success, but your one anecdotal experience doesn't translate so well to the reality of getting in a ring with a trained fighter.

You're probably right BJJ should be the focus, but a strong foundation in Muay Thai can't hurt.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.