[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

what do situps do if abs are all about low body %?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: ta.jpg (334KB, 801x627px)
ta.jpg
334KB, 801x627px
protip: they do nothing
>>
situps are pretty terrible for you, yeah.
>>
>>40308982
An workouts (but not situps) are good if you only have access to machines which wont really strengthen your core.
>>
I know you're memeing, but I just have to say

Your rectus ambodminus is just the same as any other skeletal muscle in the body. Conditioning makes the muscle fibers tighter and better defined. It operates by the same laws of physics as all of the others.

You can remove fat to expose what it looks like in better detail, but its gonna look like shit if you never actually give it a workout. Since 99% of what we do uses the core, you dont -have- to buckle down on triggering anabolism in the abs, but it's misleading to say that the abs dont respond to being conditioned

That's like saying every obese DYEL has a pair of ripped arms hiding under their arm fat
>>
Sit-ups are worthless if you don't engage your core
I was making that mistake for years and only just learned what I was doing wrong
>>
sit ups are shit because captains chairs, hanging leg raises, and planks exist. they feel so nice
>>
File: 7uk8fk2.gif (835KB, 320x240px)
7uk8fk2.gif
835KB, 320x240px
>deads and squats are all you need for abs!

Nobody who says this has a good set of abs.
Prove me wrong.
>>
>>40308982
crunches, situps arent really effective.

And OP your abs and core are still muscles that need working and defining.

>>40309296
my favorite are reverse crunches.
>>
ITT: Guys with >15% bf who cannot do 50 consecutive 45° decline bench sit-ups with proper form.
>>
File: hewdhigh.jpg (17KB, 308x360px)
hewdhigh.jpg
17KB, 308x360px
>situps are bad for you
>do leg rises

Wtf is the difference.
>>
>>40308982
You do understand that abdominal muscles support the spine from the front???

Sit ups may not be the best thing out there, but abs should be trained if they are to keep from being the weak point in Deads/Squats/etc.

I prefer incline sit ups with a plate held behind my head.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.