[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Researcher in Wisconsin first to discover a virus that could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: blown the fuck out.png (278KB, 656x745px) Image search: [Google]
blown the fuck out.png
278KB, 656x745px
>"We call it hit and run phenomenon. It is possible it comes in, turns something off or something on."
>Adenovirus 36, or AD-36, causes the body to produce more fat cells. The virus eventually leaves, but the damage is permanent.
>He tested Randy, who was positive for antibodies to AD-36, meaning at some point he was infected with the virus.
>Randy calls the discovery "absolutely liberating." He finally had an explanation for the weight, which he still had to lose. There is no cure for obesity caused by a virus.

/FIT/ ABSOLUTELY BTFO
http://www.tmj4.com/news/i-team/researcher-in-wisconsin-first-to-discover-a-virus-that-could-be-making-people-fat
>>
File: 1410105911134.jpg (10KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1410105911134.jpg
10KB, 251x242px
>>40308957
>He finally had an explanation for the weight
i'm so thankful that i'm not fat enough to become a scientist and make up a virus for myself and fellow fatties to hide behind

>the damage is permanent
impossible
>>
Get ready for a whole new wave of self-diagnosed excuses from Tumblr
>>
>>40308957
Don't women already use PCOS for this.
>>
Nothing new
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infectobesity
>>
>>40308957

I study bioinformatics and although Im more interested in bacteria, this is interesting.
A professor of mine recently gave a lecture how the microbiome in the gut could cause (or plays a major part in) obesity.
Since I know the 2nd law of thermodynamics Im quite puzzled at the moment, because at first I could believe it, but more and more studies prove it to be true.

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v540/n7634/full/nature20796.html
>>
>>40309067
couldn't*
>>
This claim sounds like a really good way to get grant funds from rubes, but that's just not how human metabolics work.
>>
>>40309067
Of course you'd still have to eat to gain weight. But it could make people more prone to get fat. Causes the body to make more fat cells when it would have done something else with the energy. Causes you to be fatigued sooner and hungrier in general.
>>
>>40309007
Sure. But now there's an excuse for men and for women who have tested negative for hormone disorders.
>>
>>40309844
>but NOW there's an excuse
The excuse was there regardless of whether there was proof or not

I made this thread to see if there's anyone on /fit/ that would read the article. Diet and exercise still works
>>
We've already discovered that particular viruses switching genes on and off in hosts can increase cancer risks, but I guess this is more important to people.
>>
>>40309067
i study general medicine, in fact im in last year and they have told us that feces transplantation from fat donors can make receivers fat...so if its true its because of some noxes in shiiieeeet

but i doubt it personaly
>>
Better biome allows for better digestion? More efficient breakdown of molecules? These are the questions.
>>
If this were true, it could solve the world's energy crisis.
>>
>>40309067
>A professor of mine recently gave a lecture how the microbiome in the gut could cause (or plays a major part in) obesity.

This is widely accepted as true though. For example, people who had illnesses that required them to take significant amounts of antibiotics as a child are a lot more likely to be fat adults than their peers.

This isn't about throwing thermodynamics out the window but if you have an inadequate intestinal flora it can result in more fat being stored in your body while less nutrients are used to keep you functioning which in turn makes you hungrier than average because you never really feel full. It leads to a vicious cycle. Yes it can be broken with the right diet and discipline, but it's more of an uphill struggle because a fat person will rarely feel nourished during the day if they only consume the ideal amount of calories. It's very different from say a fit person going through a cut. If a fattie adjusts his diet it means they will literally feel very hungry/malnourished for several months every single day until their body adjusts.

Also look for articles about patients gaining weight after undergoing a complete chemotherapy treatment. That shit also kills their flora.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.